Sell to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to have to sell and buy. The problem is with the definition. It can mean very different things.

My issue was always when we lacked liquidity to give us the flexibility to operate. So for example we could only sign Gomes and bid for Zouma once we had sold that level of players. It made it very hard to operate and we often missed out on players (Manuel Fernandes being one). It looks like liquidity is there now, but there is an expectation that we are smart in the market and move people on. This ought to be the aim anyway.

We have a very talented DoF and my aim, above anything else or any individual footballer is to give him as much opportunity and funds as possible. It's an unpopular view, but if you gave me the choice of Richarlinson or Brands having £100 million to spend on say 5 players like he did last summer I know which I would pick.

Agree with all of the above. If the liquidity is there then it also enables the club to strike better deals, wait a little longer on some to get a better price or be a length to shift players out without other teams taking advantage or do other deals earlier to beat other teams to the player.

Obviously you want to keep your better players, but the aim also has to be to continually raise the level of the team, which in turn can raise the level of players.

Gut feeling is Gana had a verbal agreement in January he could go this summer, credit the lad tho, shown a good attitude in the last period of the season.

In which case they've done the right thing by sorting Delph out so they can negotiate without pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.