Sell to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to have to sell and buy. The problem is with the definition. It can mean very different things.

My issue was always when we lacked liquidity to give us the flexibility to operate. So for example we could only sign Gomes and bid for Zouma once we had sold that level of players. It made it very hard to operate and we often missed out on players (Manuel Fernandes being one). It looks like liquidity is there now, but there is an expectation that we are smart in the market and move people on. This ought to be the aim anyway.

We have a very talented DoF and my aim, above anything else or any individual footballer is to give him as much opportunity and funds as possible. It's an unpopular view, but if you gave me the choice of Richarlinson or Brands having £100 million to spend on say 5 players like he did last summer I know which I would pick.

I read that last part as if you were offering Richarlison the chance to spend £100m instead of Brands :)

Richarlison, or Brands to spend...

The key is when a player is sold for a profit, the investment in others makes us stronger on the pitch, and ultimately off it.

The RS had Torres and since his sale have invested wisely, like a Hydra replacing one head with 2 more. The horrible beast.

Who cares?

Mosh has put in a lot of money and we got nowhere. Now we have brands he is more guarded and rightly so but we seem to be buying wisely and for the right positions (hopefully).

Who cares.

Thanks for your input Joey
Well compare the other lot when they sell youth players the get one hell of a fee two to Bournemouth for starters paide good money for mere youth players with or out a game in the prem ...... prospects that's all they are and the fee was over 10 million with add ons .......
we have seasoned professionals who will go cheaply one hopes, as not much interest atm...... KM - Besic - Macarthy etc etc ....all on top wages... on contract......

So sell rubbish to upgrade with better players ...or do some idiots want us with a squad of 50
We have to off load and cut our losses =spot on......then buy better players Walsh did help to buy a heel of overrated players or the bad luck of injuries took its toll we just have to get rid and fetch in better players we are not far off from being a very good team....

Status
Not open for further replies.