Sell to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for what may be a daft question but what does STCC stand for?

sorry, its Short Term Cost Control

basically replaced financial fair play, so rather than only spending what you earn its more linked to losses now etc, so you can spend however much on fees etc as long as wages don't increase by X million a season and losses are limited to X million

im giving a very simplified explanation there like but im sure you get the gist

That might be one factor to consider but I doubt we are going to spend spend spend in this window, more likely our wage bill will decrease this season by offloading more than what comes in.

To that effect why wouldn't the club want to save themselves 5 million over the course of 2 seasons if they can.

that's what i mean, if 'saving a few million' limits your spending ability, which then affects the team performance, it may not be the best idea, if you have the means to not worry about 'saving a few mil'

in the short term you are correct, but it would leave an uncertain mid-term

It's not that we don't have money to buy it's that we don't have much room to grow the wage bill so we need to get the wasters off of it to buy new players

this is exactly it, but we cant afford to take massive losses in the process as that then limits your spending further,

this is exactly it, but we cant afford to take massive losses in the process as that then limits your spending further,
And the danger that it starts to look like a fire sale - so everyone starts low-balling you with insulting offers.

sorry, its Short Term Cost Control

basically replaced financial fair play, so rather than only spending what you earn its more linked to losses now etc, so you can spend however much on fees etc as long as wages don't increase by X million a season and losses are limited to X million

im giving a very simplified explanation there like but im sure you get the gist

STCC hasnt replaced FFP.

STCC is for Premier league clubs only and FFP is for ALL teams in Europe.

STCC hasnt replaced FFP.

STCC is for Premier league clubs only and FFP is for ALL teams in Europe.

fair enough, i stand corrected, maybe i just don't think about it anymore because the Europe bit doesn't affect us really does it haha!

fair enough, i stand corrected, maybe i just don't think about it anymore because the Europe bit doesn't affect us really does it haha!

Not yet, but its based on teams last 3 years, so we still need to follow the rules cos our goal is of course Europe in some form.

We are going to have to sell and buy. The problem is with the definition. It can mean very different things.

My issue was always when we lacked liquidity to give us the flexibility to operate. So for example we could only sign Gomes and bid for Zouma once we had sold that level of players. It made it very hard to operate and we often missed out on players (Manuel Fernandes being one). It looks like liquidity is there now, but there is an expectation that we are smart in the market and move people on. This ought to be the aim anyway.

We have a very talented DoF and my aim, above anything else or any individual footballer is to give him as much opportunity and funds as possible. It's an unpopular view, but if you gave me the choice of Richarlinson or Brands having £100 million to spend on say 5 players like he did last summer I know which I would pick.

I would’ve thought we’d take low offers to reduce wages.
Fair does, mate, but when you signal you're desperate to unload players people take the piss. Public face: we are all happy with the squad; Private face: get rid of the underperformers. Now, how you do that is above my pay scale!

Status
Not open for further replies.