Season summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Jarvis

Player Valuation: £35m
IMO in view of our awkward start to the season, the injuries a creditable result. But must essentially go down as a season of lost chances.

All credit to Moyes and the players.

Based on our start I would have been more than happy to be in 8th. But the way we've payed since January, we probably should have been higher, imo.

We were largely tosh for the beginning part, thanks to our boss players being injured, then we started being ace again but had some moody draws which stopped us from qualifying for Europe. Still, something like two defeats in 25 games or something is obscene and we played some super stuff.

We're still [Poor language removed] in Europe like.

The injuries no doubt cost us, but we let slip to many points against the lower teams, during the final stages of this season.

We'll be back, bigger and better next season.

IMO in view of our awkward start to the season, the injuries a creditable result. But must essentially go down as a season of lost chances.

All credit to Moyes and the players.

Hasn't that been every season since 2005 though :(

We only lost 9 games, 3 games more than Chelsea and 1 less than Spurs so if we hadn't of been so disrupted early on in the season we more than likely would of done a lot better.

Then when we did have a more stable decent team we lacked the killer instinct to keep teams out and win games when we had good chances to do so.

It was a season of what if for me, if we'd have had everyone fit for the majority of the season where would we have finished? But we finished well and showed we can compete with a full squad. Roll on 2010-2011

Have to agree. With the start of the season, £e$cott, our injuries we had with us into this season from the 08/09 and the ones we continued to add during the first half of the season... this is a good result. We finished 8:th, 11 points above the chasing pack below us and only 2 behind a European slot. With a decent or even halfdecent start to the season we would have finished above both Pool and Villa without a doubt. But that's wishful thinking, it didn't happen and we can only hope that our squad will be fit and ready to come out running in August.

Donovan really stood out for me during his stay with us. Would have loved to have him for a whole season. He showed class while he was here and fit into our squad perfectly. Billy have showed his abilities, and I think he will be even better next season now that he's grown used to the climate and style of play.

If someone would have said we would finish 8 before this season, I wouldn't be satisfied. So I can't really give us a higher rating than "decent" for this season, since we didn't go really far in any cup either.

Now I will look forward to the World Cup and a summer of a lot of rumours and no incoming transfers until late August.

Only thing with saying we'd of been much better if we had't had so many injuries is that if all our players had played a full season they might of suffered from burn out and we wouldn't of had such a good record last half of the season.

Maybe.

Only thing with saying we'd of been much better if we had't had so many injuries is that if all our players had played a full season they might of suffered from burn out and we wouldn't of had such a good record last half of the season.

Maybe.

Our end of season form under Moyes has always been pretty good though. Fitness has always been our ace card i've always thought. You might have better players but we'll fight for every ball right untill the last minute

Can we mention the other lots failures in this season summary? It's given us lots of laughs and dreams of what bad things might happen to them in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.