2023/24 Sean Dyche

It’s actually crazy how much different this team would look with actual pace out wide. I’m really very serious when I say I’d see if we could loan Adama Traore. I know he’s largely crap but we need literally anyone to be able to carry the ball and threaten defenders. If we have money for a real option in that kind of mold obviously go for that but just any kind of improvement would help.

As for the creative midfielder part there is more to McNeil than we’ve gotten. Dyche is also managed him for his entire career essentially and he’s obviously not extracting anything else from him. It’s again not a perfect solution but since we have no money.

Wasting these last 3 games with Doucoure in the center and once again not using free opportunities to find solutions to problems to actually try and do just that is just so frustrating to me.

Iling-Junior available for a rumoured £12.5mil this summer.

No ones saying that and you may be happy watching football played like that but as a fan for more than 70 years I hate week after week being continually playing defensive football. We start every game on the back foot no matter who we are playing or where we are playing

Whats wrong with defensive football using the counter? Not sure how that makes us "start on the back foot" ? Its a pragmatic style of play.

Not a fan of Football Italia i guess :(

We also need cold, hard cash, not just a paper numbers, so there will be sales and they will be big.

Why do we need "cold hard cash" ?

Everything is a paper number.

Why do we need "cold hard cash" ?

Everything is a paper number.

Whether it’s physical cash or a number on a banking app, we need money in the bank.

I wonder how much of a difference getting Gomes and Alli off the wage bill will help with our cash flow problem.

14 minutes into a pre season game against Preston and the X-dwellers will be demanding Poch.

I think Dyche has been slightly less guarded in interviews since the tracky appeared. The usual one liners and sound bites are still there, but he’s been slightly more human, and a bit more likeable, which tracks with what people who have met him socially have told me.

I appreciate the honesty he keeps banging on about, but maybe tone it down a bit for a few weeks 😂, give everyone a break.

I’m glad he’s here. The first manager in many many years that has gone to that really obvious point (which he should take responsibility for) where you just know the players WhatsApp groups are speculating when he’s getting sacked, and he smacks some sense of responsibility into them and finishes the season with CL qualification form.

Whatever staying-up bonus he gets will be less than what was remaining on his contract, which he could have taken. His reputation would have been completely unharmed getting sacked by us given everything he’s had to deal with. He’s still annoying when we lose, but nice to have a bit of backbone in the club. Going to need it.

I think we’d be mental to move him on

….my concern is more about him deciding to move on. I appreciate the monies he’s getting but he’s managing a basket case of a club with little or no support from Board or owner levels. If there’s no light at the end of tunnel and the owner keeps spinning lies, I fear anybody can only take so much.

….my concern is more about him deciding to move on. I appreciate the monies he’s getting but he’s managing a basket case of a club with little or no support from Board or owner levels. If there’s no light at the end of tunnel and the owner keeps spinning lies, I fear anybody can only take so much.

Year to run on his contract as well.

He earns 8m a year.

He's not walking away from that, EVER.