2023/24 Sean Dyche

That’ll Probably be the Madras he tucked in to with Stoney and Woany last night tbh.

I was thinking yesterday on my dog walk, all the players I bet he'd love to sign so he can name them like pets. I just picked the top 2 teams

Whitey
Ricey
Zinky
Stonesy

That's as far as I got and the dog looked at me with a "your a tit you know" look.

It entertained me anyway for a few minutes.

avatar-aang-rubbing-his-nose-o3ntzfnuhljgx3a9.gif

I just realised what an amazing Aang cosplay Dyche could do with just a grey arrow painted on his forehead.

He's already got the mannerisms down to a T

Been a tough season Sean. Not going to lie there were times where I wanted you gone, but fair play you didn’t give up and finished the season strongly.
Look forward to seeing you at Glasto big fella…Drinks are on you! You can talk me through the Ashley Young contract decision.

• Their defensive xG (expected goals) per game was the second worst (1.73) behind only relegated Leeds last season, but this season only four sides boast a better average than the Toffees (1.41).

Clearly then, Dyche evidently knows how the get a team to defend. Coady/Tarkowski had us sat 19th. Coady, was, I'm afraid - awful and never suited in a defence that wasn't a back 3 - the reason Wolves let him go out on loan.

If you want to continue to whine "yeah well, he should have dropped Keane for Mina" - then fair enough. Mina is the better defender, but % football in a relegation scrap and I'll say we needed stability - as you've acknowledged - and Yerry Mina has averaged 13 appearances per season, since his time at Barcelona.

It's remarkable the lengths some go to try an stick one in on Dyche.

I make no apology for repeating myself because some are fickle/ignorant.

A reminder that Dyche come in here;

1691414438571.png

With Arsenal x2, Liverpool A within the first 5 games.

Without a striker.

We all thought we were down.

If we were told he's keep us up, then not spend a bean and reducing wages, then given a 10 point deduction for 4 months of the season the following season - we'd have all snapped your hands off.

He's improved us on our last 2 seasons - we finish closer to Europe than relegation -22 points away from relegation - without spending, and reducing our wages;

1712569419772.png

"but, but, but - he played Michael Keane for a bit"

Dunno how true it is, but apparently Mina had a bonus clause once he reached 100 appearances. He made 99 for us in the end. Given our financial situation I really wouldn't be surprised if that's why he held off playing Mina.

• Their defensive xG (expected goals) per game was the second worst (1.73) behind only relegated Leeds last season, but this season only four sides boast a better average than the Toffees (1.41).

Clearly then, Dyche evidently knows how the get a team to defend. Coady/Tarkowski had us sat 19th. Coady, was, I'm afraid - awful and never suited in a defence that wasn't a back 3 - the reason Wolves let him go out on loan.

If you want to continue to whine "yeah well, he should have dropped Keane for Mina" - then fair enough. Mina is the better defender, but % football in a relegation scrap and I'll say we needed stability - as you've acknowledged - and Yerry Mina has averaged 13 appearances per season, since his time at Barcelona.

It's remarkable the lengths some go to try an stick one in on Dyche.

I make no apology for repeating myself because some are fickle/ignorant.

A reminder that Dyche come in here;

1691414438571.png

With Arsenal x2, Liverpool A within the first 5 games.

Without a striker.

We all thought we were down.

If we were told he's keep us up, then not spend a bean and reducing wages, then given a 10 point deduction for 4 months of the season the following season - we'd have all snapped your hands off.

He's improved us on our last 2 seasons - we finish closer to Europe than relegation -22 points away from relegation - without spending, and reducing our wages;

1712569419772.png

"but, but, but - he played Michael Keane for a bit"

Speaking of Michael Keane, remember when people on here kept saying he was our best centre back? lol lol

I think the season before was more stressful personally. Think last season I was already acclimatised to the feelings.

3-0 down at palace was probably the lowest I’ve felt.

100% true. Its not a good thing that we're getting acclimatised to it. But i was more in bits the season before.

I think the season before was more stressful personally. Think last season I was already acclimatised to the feelings.

2-0 down at palace was probably the lowest I’ve felt.

Going to the final day is always worse for me. Half time against Palace I still had the thought in the back of my mind that Brentford would do us a favour and beat Leeds on the final day and we’d be ok. Last season though, that was endgame. There were no more opportunities after that. The finality is what scares me.

Going to the final day is always worse for me. Half time against Palace I still had the thought in the back of my mind that Brentford would do us a favour and beat Leeds on the final day and we’d be ok. Last season though, that was endgame. There were no more opportunities after that. The finality is what scares me.
Nah I know we were arguably closer to being relegated last season, but dunno how to explain it. I just didn’t have the same sinking feeling.

Not even sure it was belief we’d do it. Think it was more the fact I’d detached myself emotionally to stop me feeling like that again.

14 games though!

Nothing to do with Dyche (apparently). The players were obviously good enough because they’ve got 48 points, and the fans forced Dyche to play Branthwaite. Nothing to do with Dyche at all. Also Docuoure defied his instruction not to exit his own half to score that goal that saved us v Bournemouth so in reality Dyche relegated us, and even though we stayed up, almost getting relegated is the same as getting relegated, in fact if Leicester had scored the pen we would have been relegated (if you don’t hypothetically then change a bad result to a good one to compensate). So in summary Dyche is a ginger brexit dinosaur and Everton have a decent squad that he relegated.