2023/24 Sean Dyche

….a few myths destroyed here;

IMG_9038.jpeg

IMG_9039.jpeg

There will come a point when playing entertaining football is more important than having a manager that can get the team to mid table.

I mean there has to be right? Otherwise what is the point.
People will just get to this point at different times.
I stopped watching under Allardyce because it was so dire and boring. And it felt very much like that for swathes of this season.

It isn’t pretty, it’s ok when you are getting results. But playing the way we have been and not getting results like we weren’t, i commend the away fans who turned up to it all.

Yeah fair enough

Realistically the main issues the club has had have been financial mismanagement/DoF/poor player purchasing decisions

Outside of maybe Koeman very few of our recent managers have had much to work with

Way too much buying in old worn out players who were past their best

Almost as if we've been some kind of money laundering machine
Totally agree frustrating ain't it 😞

I stopped watching under Allardyce because it was so dire and boring. And it felt very much like that for swathes of this season.

It isn’t pretty, it’s ok when you are getting results. But playing the way we have been and not getting results like we weren’t, i commend the away fans who turn up to it all.

I think there were games this season that didn’t sell out and there will definitely be more next season.

It’s exactly what’s happening. Hence;
But that's what I mean - it's not. It goes both ways, not just "play 10 defenders", that doesn't make it pragmatic. The same way Pep, as his name gets thrown around because clearly if we don't like hoofball we must only enjoy Pepball, is pragmatic in a more expansive way in wanting to play his way but obviously preparing (and overthinking) for the opposition he's up against, just like every decent manager.

We don't do the thing in bold. Dyche himself, after we played hoofball 4-4-1-1 for 5 months, bafflingly stated "we switched it up and went a bit more long ball" against Burnley lol as apparently that was something we don't do anyway. It will be the exact same 4-4-1-1 long ball regardless of players, maybe switch to a massively different 4-4-2 and long ball.

I'm okay with actual pragmatism but we have overly defensive negativity, not pragmatism. You have to have a plan going forward too for it to actually be pragmatic. In real life terms - this is currently planning only and entirely to not lose money, ignoring the part where you have to make a profit to keep the business running.

It isn’t pretty, it’s ok when you are getting results. But playing the way we have been and not getting results like we weren’t, i commend the away fans who turned up to it all.

IMG_9040.jpeg

How bad is the prem? 4 months without a win and 8 points deductions and we are comfortably safe and outperforming European teams for 2/3s of a season