2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think you have with your own post.

Marvellous comparison though
No mate not at all. There was no comparison of the managers achievements although the 4 managers who are pragmatic. The style of football under ancelotti was similar to Dyche. Mourinho and Simeone play defend first football.

Is the style of football, the points total or just Dyche? And you’ll never take to him?

Dyche achievements are comparible to Ancelloti in terms of points totals Everton.
Ancelloti edges it, Albeit with Dyche having absolutely no investment and the wheels behind the scenes in disarray.

World stage there is no comparison

Last edited:
The people that use the "pragmatic" buzzword about Dyche - what do you consider it as, out of interest? Because it doesn't mean "overly defensive and only 1 way to play".
It’s a word, not a buzzword. A describing word.

Realistic, using what players you’ve got and getting the best you can out of them, not being anywhere near relegation despite two point deductions, no money no board and that.

Yes, if we had won all the games in the 'winless' run that we played against Man City x 2, Man Utd and Totenham...we could have possibly won the league.....
Say we beat Luton in the middle of the run and got beaten by Liverpool at the goodison derby would that have made a better season and stopped all the bleating? Winless run just seems like a desperate effort from the folk who will never accept Dyche. Clinging on to some reason to get rid of him when hes done an outstanding job.
Not at all i have said to give dyche credit for how we finished the season, if we didnt win them games would you have said he has done an outstanding job. It works both ways, is an inprovement i want see for him next season, like he has improved the away record massively now i would like see him make us stronger and home again. Is the same with the players ect everyone can improve on things, i am not dyche out or am i dyche in for the time moyes was here for.

The people that use the "pragmatic" buzzword about Dyche - what do you consider it as, out of interest? Because it doesn't mean "overly defensive and only 1 way to play".
Pragmatic means, this is what I have so this is what I can make. For example: I can get this limited team to this this points total by playing this system.

Ideologically minded are you Martinez and pep. Where there’s a style of play that will always happen, in Martinez case whether it’s working or not

Delusional is thinking about getting Gordan Ramsey into cook you gormet meals when there’s only findus crispy pancakes in the freezer. A number of a fans are in this category at the minute… wanting champagne football with shandy bass players

Last edited:
No mate not at all. There was no comparison of the managers achievements although the 4 managers who are pragmatic. The style of football under ancelotti was similar to Dyche. Mourinho and Simeone play defend first football.

Is the style of football, the points total or just Dyche? And you’ll never take to him?

Dyche achievements are comparible to Ancelloti in terms of points totals Everton.
Ancelloti edges it, Albeit with Dyche having absolutely no investment and the wheels behind the scenes in disarray.

Hahahahahahaha

Sean Dyche walking amongst the greats

Points total is comparable to Sam Allardyce not Carlo.

Carlo got 59 points which in pretty much every season but the one he got it in, would have had us in Europe.

Dyche had 40m spent on players in the summer. Not as much as Carlo got, but still money being spent.

It’s a word, not a buzzword. A describing word.

Realistic, using what players you’ve got and getting the best you can out of them, not being anywhere near relegation despite two point deductions, no money no board and that.
It is a describing word, but it's not what's happening here, hence me calling it a buzzword as it's being thrown around for no reason.
Pragmatic means, this is what I have so this is what I can make. For example: I can get this limited team to this this points total by playing this system.

Ideologically minded are you Martinez and pep. Where there’s a style of play that will always happen, in Martinez case whether it’s working or not

Delusional is thinking about getting Gordan Ramsey into cook you gormet meals when there’s only findus crispy pancakes in the freezer. A number of a fans are in this category at the minute… wanting champagne football with shandy bass players
Okay, but it's not exactly that in football is it? Mourinho is a great actually pragmatic manager - he does the best with what he has but you also have to exploit the opposition, to have a plan to beat them; actual pragmatism.

We deploy the same team, same plan, do the same thing, and expect different results - it's stubbornness, not pragmatism. This is why people are using it as a buzzword imo.

IDGAF about champagne football or whatever you want to call it, I want us to have a plan to win, not mitigating damage from the first second of the game and hoofing for 90 minutes.

Points total is comparable to Sam Allardyce.

Carlo got 59 points which in pretty much every season but the one he got it in, would have had us in Europe.

Dyche he 40m spent on players in the summer. Not as much as Carlo got, but still money being spent.
But Dyche had a huge clear out of players. We had to spend that to get a squad to play. 40m is nothing in today market.
Infact anything less than 25m is likely to be a squad player or huge risk.
We are comparing apples and pairs and I was happy with ancelotti and happy Dyche.

It is a describing word, but it's not what's happening here, hence me calling it a buzzword as it's being thrown around for no reason.

Okay, but it's not exactly that in football is it? Mourinho is a great actually pragmatic manager - he does the best with what he has but you also have to exploit the opposition, to have a plan to beat them; actual pragmatism.

We deploy the same team, same plan, do the same thing, and expect different results - it's stubbornness, not pragmatism. This is why people are using it as a buzzword imo.

IDGAF about champagne football or whatever you want to call it, I want us to have a plan to win, not mitigating damage from the first second of the game and hoofing for 90 minutes.
Not very pragmatic is it?

But Dyche had a huge clear out of players. We had to spend that to get a squad to play. 40m is nothing in today market.
Infact anything less than 25m is likely to be a squad player or huge risk.
We are comparing apples and pairs and I was happy with ancelotti and happy Dyche.

This is a mentality that we need to get out of our heads, and hope that the people who work at the club don’t share it. The going rate for bog standard Premier League footballers is not £25m, it never has been. The absolute idiots at Everton have convinced us it is because they are useless at their jobs. Spending £25m on a player Is a gamble for a club like us, not buying cheap players.