2023/24 Sean Dyche

I agree, that four month winless streak (a record for Everton) was great. Can’t believe he managed to keep us up against three of the worst teams to ever play in the premier league.

Truly the pinnacle of management.

Can’t wait to fill the squad with more Ashley Youngs and Jack Harrison’s so we can all do this dance again next year about how crap the squad is and how we can’t possibly expect one of the highest paid managers in the world to do anything more than take us down.
'anything more than take us down' he got us enough points for 11th place after two successive relegation seasons and we beat the sh1*e for the first time in 14 years at goodison

I like having a dig at lads that resorted to insulting me at the time. They thrived off of Everton's demise because it suited their opinion of Dyche and it's wild they've gone quiet again 🤷
I celebrated all the goals and all the wins .
Apart from beating the RS the best thing he has done is get Billie Joe Armstrong to say nice things about Everton and appear in a Blossoms video .
Can’t fault his musical taste , and for that alone he is growing on me.
The football is second rate though , but if I’m honest Everton stopped playing proper football 3 decades ago (apart from the odd season here and there ) .
Everyone else expects us to play dour stuff we’ve been doing it for so long , so I’ve kind of given up now.
Music beats football for entertainment these days anyway .
Beside the way things are looking we will be owned by a gang of potless yank crooks by next season , so hey who gives a flip who the manager is .

I like having a dig at lads that resorted to insulting me at the time. They thrived off of Everton's demise because it suited their opinion of Dyche and it's wild they've gone quiet again 🤷
Well I wouldn't really say the Demise of our club has exactly Disappeared yet. We stayed up beyond expectations, but God we are in a complete mess as a club.

I agree, that four month winless streak (a record for Everton) was great. Can’t believe he managed to keep us up against three of the worst teams to ever play in the premier league.

Truly the pinnacle of management.

Can’t wait to fill the squad with more Ashley Youngs and Jack Harrison’s so we can all do this dance again next year about how crap the squad is and how we can’t possibly expect one of the highest paid managers in the world to do anything more than take us down.
You been in coma for 6 weeks?

Is right to call out that run without and win and is also right to give the manager and players praise for the way they have finished the season. When i look at the season as a whole he has done great is just the frustration if we did do better in that winless run what postion could we have finished in then.
Yes, if we had won all the games in the 'winless' run that we played against Man City x 2, Man Utd and Totenham...we could have possibly won the league.....
Say we beat Luton in the middle of the run and got beaten by Liverpool at the goodison derby would that have made a better season and stopped all the bleating? Winless run just seems like a desperate effort from the folk who will never accept Dyche. Clinging on to some reason to get rid of him when hes done an outstanding job.

Can you explain to me how someone who's managed in the Premier League for so long is "tactically inept"?

I see this shout thrown about but I'd like someone to actually break it down for me....and am going assume you've got some form of experience in tactical analysis?

We took 4 points off Newcastle this season by way.

Maybe you can tell me how tactically inept he was in the home victory.
Only what they have read in the Daily Mail, Sun and Echo...of course hes clearly one of the best managers in the world as he is managing a team in what is considered by many to he the best league in the world. You cant get better than that.
If he is a hoofballer (i say he isnt as we have played some attractive football under him on occasion) and it works in certain circumstances maybe that is a good tactic if teams cant deal with it. You cant call someone a dinosaur just because you dont like watching a style of football that wins games. Lets all say Morhinho is a terrible manager because all his teams are absolute dross to watch....

There are good proportion of fans that are against Dyche, that would have accepted equally pragmatic football and a points total if it was achieved by Jose Mourinho, Ancelloti or simeono.
I agree mate, those managers have only 58 trophies between and Dyche once finished second in the champions.

There’s no comparison really

The people that use the "pragmatic" buzzword about Dyche - what do you consider it as, out of interest? Because it doesn't mean "overly defensive and only 1 way to play".