2023/24 Sean Dyche

Thus underlining my point that under Martinez the idiot claims that we were threatened with relegation was exactly that...idiotic.

11th place in thee PL and cup SFs...to add to the Camelot Season that will not be bettered for the next decade at least.
An complete downward trend in a 3 year period, he's an utter buffoon.

Dyche is trending upwards

Under Dyche, we are one of the best defensively organized teams in the league. And it is precisely in that phase that the manager has the greatest influence. Offensive is much more about quality and talent. So Dyche has no doubt done an excellent job and no doubt deserves a new contract.
We left a lot of goals and points on the pitch, I don't think being a better attacking side is a million miles away. As you say quality in the final 3rd is the biggest factor

Tbf, up to that point 72 points would have almost always been enough for CL football

Yeah this is the bit that's often forgotten, points return is a better measure of how a team performed rather than league position itself... Granted as a fan you don't give 2 fcks if you were champions by a record tally or the lowest tally ever.

An interesting reading of 13/14 was posted by Michael Greenhall on twitter today:

Shows the clear downward trend from Moyes's departure.

Yeah this is the bit that's often forgotten, points return is a better measure of how a team performed rather than league position itself... Granted as a fan you don't give 2 fcks if you were champions by a record tally or the lowest tally ever.

An interesting reading of 13/14 was posted by Michael Greenhall on twitter today:

Shows the clear downward trend from Moyes's departure.

Excellent work mate

You would have had Martinez ar Everton last season over Dyche?
No, because Martinez is not a manager you leave in charge of a team that need to be pragmatic.

But Dyche, IMO, doesn't have the scope to 'trend upwards'.

I respect him for what he does, but he's never a manager who can get us playing football.

No, because Martinez is not a manager you leave in charge of a team that need to be pragmatic.

But Dyche, IMO, doesn't have the scope to 'trend upwards'.

I respect him for what he does, but he's never a manager who can get us playing football.
He has trended upwards since his arrival in the majority of all important aspects.

Martinez was doing the opposite and has achieved little since, opting for part time management wasting an entire generation of elite players.

Thus underlining my point that under Martinez the idiot claims that we were threatened with relegation was exactly that...idiotic.

11th place in thee PL and cup SFs...to add to the Camelot Season that will not be bettered for the next decade at least.
Agree, treated way too harshly, we were never going down.

Martinez > Koeman also, might've actually bought a striker to replace Lukaku if he stayed.

Excellent work mate
Tbf to Martinez you can see a bit towards the middle of 15/16 were he looked like he was starting to build something. That season ended terribly but you now have to wonder what might have happened had we just stuck with him another year or 2 with financial backing.

It had gotten too toxic with the fans by then of course.

Tbf to Martinez you can see a bit towards the middle of 15/16 were he looked like he was starting to build something. That season ended terribly but you now have to wonder what might have happened had we just stuck with him another year or 2 with financial backing.

It had gotten too toxic with the fans by then of course.
I think we'd have been relegated to be honest, the man's a complete bluffer. We are talking about a coach who thought set pieces are a waste of time.