2023/24 Sean Dyche

Just seen this on Facebook, did he genuinely say it?

Sean Dyche to Talksport: Hopefully I have earned my stripes with the fans. I know a minority wanted me gone but its a marathon not a sprint. Under difficult circumstances we’ve all done a good job & the hardwork doesn’t stop now. I know the real Evertonians never doubted me.”

Because I’m sorry, but taking a dig at the fans is not on when everyone is talking about unity etc. he went on one of our worst runs in PL history, of course people doubted him.

He has earnt his stripes and another season, but don’t then come out with crap like “real evertonians”.
So he had a bad run, but either side he was on a good run… so you support him now? He has earned his stripes, right?
Especially with the fact we had our best away run of successive wins in premier league history? Those things are important to you?

So he had a bad run, but either side he was on a good run… so you support him now? He has earned his stripes, right?
Especially with the fact we had our best away run of successive wins in premier league history? Those things are important to you?
I’ve said previously he has met what I would have expected to be my minimum points target so earns next season.

We had a decent little spell around the points deduction after an appalling start results wise.
Then we have had a little spell right at the end when we have played the bottom 5 of the league.

The use of the term “real Evertonians” is the issue mate. He was rightfully doubted and questioned after winning 1 in 15. But making out those fans are lesser is poor form. So I’m hoping it’s made up crap.

I’ve said previously he has met what I would have expected to be my minimum points target so earns next season.

We had a decent little spell around the points deduction after an appalling start results wise.
Then we have had a little spell right at the end when we have played the bottom 5 of the league.

The use of the term “real Evertonians” is the issue mate. He was rightfully doubted and questioned after winning 1 in 15. But making out those fans are lesser is poor form. So I’m hoping it’s made up crap.

That was a wind up account, mate.

I have seen something similar. I feel the context is, that he knows it wasn’t a bed of roses but the the intellegent, rounded fans can see it’s been a shti storm around the club all season and that he has had that to deal with, and taking all of that into they can see he’s done a good job.
More impulsive fans, couldn’t see past the league position despite the points deduction.

I have my carefully curated collection of grievances but this man has done a lot with very little under awful circumstances.

Thus underlining my point that under Martinez the idiot claims that we were threatened with relegation was exactly that...idiotic.

11th place in thee PL and cup SFs...to add to the Camelot Season that will not be bettered for the next decade at least.

I mean without the points deduction we're just about top 10 finish this season. You are lying if you wouldn't have taken that at the beginning of the season, absolutely lying.

Home form was great end of the season, five straight wins without conceding one goal. Balanced out all those frustrating defeats right at the start v Fulham, Wolves, Luton etc.

Need that to continue at the start of the season as quietly the away form has really tailed off. Not win at Arsenal as expected and would be 11 without a win on the road so that's slowly morphing back to FSW/Lampard era.

There's no secret to staying in the prem, win 10 games and unless you hardly draw a game you will stay up so something like 7/8 wins at Goodison next year will do the job nicely.

I don't think anybody looking at the Everton squad on September 1st 2023 could have thought we would get 48 points in the season.

With the lack of talent and lack of balance in a tiny squad it is a remarkable return.