2023/24 Sean Dyche

This is why forums exist and why we will all never agree on anything šŸ˜‚

My own view is that heā€™s a very strong leader and there is much more to management than purely style of play and tactics. Keeping 30 players motivated and happy is no mean feat.

Everyone entitled to their opinion and often itā€™s about how we perceive what heā€™s saying. For some he repeats the same thing over and over again and itā€™s boring. Others (Iā€™m in this camp) may perceive this as keeping a consistent message to keep it as simple as possible for the players to interpret. No mixed message, no loss in translation.

Culture is far better than it has been despite the chaos. Remember all this injuries under previous managers? These lads seem to make themselves available whenever they can which points to a happy camp. Look at Myko on Wednesday and Dwight coming back quicker than he should have.

If the longer term plan is for a different style of football maybe a coach alongside Dyche to work on that on the training ground because Dyche in my view has control of this club and is demonstrating a level of discipline and authority that is absolutely necessary with the chaos above him.

Did anyone watch Brighton last night vs City playing lovely triangles in their own box, playing 26 passes and not getting out of their own half?

Yeah well that kind of football is what Martinez served us at times. Not something we want to see. Pointless passing around the back. However neither is the turgid lump it anti-football Dyche has been serving us in recent times. We won against Burnley but that was a hard watch.

There are times when the team on the pitch can play football. I've heard the phrase needs must and all that matters is that we win. No one can argue we've needed points and if we win ugly so be it. But Dyche has took us backwards this season with caveman football. It's a puzzle because actually he's better than that and we're better than that. Wednesday they were up for it. It seems to me that Dyche and the players have had a long hard look at themselves.

Which is a good thing.

Last edited:
Some of our fans still have a cuck mentality born from the Kenwright era.

Its therefore natural for them to wish for EFC to emulate a club that solely exists to unearth gems to quickly sell on every summer to the big boys.

So long as Nev and Carra pat them on the head on MNF, its all good.
Buying young players who fit into your system and looking to develop them isn't some mad concept and in no way is it solely 'The Brighton Model'. We're not going back to the days of buying average players for over their market value any time soon (thankfully). A different plan is needed cos buying 39 year olds ain't sustainable either.

Getting our pants pulled down for below average players COUNTLESS times is way more of a cuck mentality than anything Brighton have ever done in terms of transfers.

And it all comes down to the final 3rd and working on simple little passing moves to create space, overload defenders or get the full backs round the back

Yet people actually believe that international, professional footballers playing in the Premier League are incapable of ā€œpassingā€ and ā€œmovingā€
They can obviously do it to a point but myself I don't think they can do it very well a lot of them just aren't very good technical footballers. Its painful watching them trying to pass the ball sometimes they get themselves in a massive mess just trying to keep the ball for 30 seconds with underhit passes and poor first touches all over the place.

Buying young players who fit into your system and looking to develop them isn't some mad concept and in no way is it solely 'The Brighton Model'. We're not going back to the days of buying average players for over their market value any time soon (thankfully). A different plan is needed cos buying 39 year olds ain't sustainable either.

Getting our pants pulled down for below average players COUNTLESS times is way more of a cuck mentality than anything Brighton have ever done in terms of transfers.

We should be aiming long term to buy young players to keep them and build a team around the best ones.

All clubs sell their best at some point however the successful teams usually move them on after they achieved something significant first like league or cup success. We havenā€™t done that. Our better players move on with the aim of being successful, thatā€™s the difference.

We should be aiming long term to buy young players to keep them and build a team around the best ones.

All clubs sell their best at some point however the successful teams usually move them on after they achieved something significant first like league or cup success. We havenā€™t done that. Our better players move on with the aim of being successful, thatā€™s the difference.
We may have more longevity with keeping said young players compared to Brighton, maybe only a season or 2 but it's a better model than the one we we're adopting under Moshiri.

We may have more longevity with keeping said young players compared to Brighton, maybe only a season or 2 but it's a better model than the one we we're adopting under Moshiri.

At some point if you want to be successful you have to be a club that keeps its best players as long as possible to win things otherwise you just exist like we have been and the result of that is you eventually decline further which we have done.

You canā€™t proclaim to be a big club yet act and perform like an also ran year after year. Thatā€™s what happened to us.

Going forward if we can get out of this mess , we have to use the new stadium as a catalyst for a change of the club itself, for the better.

This is why forums exist and why we will all never agree on anything šŸ˜‚

My own view is that heā€™s a very strong leader and there is much more to management than purely style of play and tactics. Keeping 30 players motivated and happy is no mean feat.

Everyone entitled to their opinion and often itā€™s about how we perceive what heā€™s saying. For some he repeats the same thing over and over again and itā€™s boring. Others (Iā€™m in this camp) may perceive this as keeping a consistent message to keep it as simple as possible for the players to interpret. No mixed message, no loss in translation.

Culture is far better than it has been despite the chaos. Remember all this injuries under previous managers? These lads seem to make themselves available whenever they can which points to a happy camp. Look at Myko on Wednesday and Dwight coming back quicker than he should have.

If the longer term plan is for a different style of football maybe a coach alongside Dyche to work on that on the training ground because Dyche in my view has control of this club and is demonstrating a level of discipline and authority that is absolutely necessary with the chaos above him.
It is quite a small part of football, but extremely hyped up by data analysis and others trying to make a living out of it.

That's the hard part. The daily communication with players, and how you behave.

Football coaches at all levels must have a simple and consistent message. Football players just want to play and like the rest of us get confused if they are given too much information.

If you have a consistent and simple message, and clear standards that are followed by consequences over time, you create culture. It is the small and concrete things that count.

In my personal opinion, you see Newcastle getting 4th with a few new transfers, but also a lot of players that were in a relegation battle 3 years ago. It was overachieving and of course fan bases are reactionary as Newcastle seems a bit inconsistent this season, but still probably finish top 7. I would say this would a good season still.

This season a lot of players injured, also players that carried that team last season are out for weeks/months. For me this has been a good achievement or and for me is even to getting 4th given the circumstances.
Most Skunks I know (I live near Newcastle) are perfectly happy with this season as consolidation after a season of overachieving. They have been rank for a long time and most of them know it despite the image our fans have of them.

Build a team of young playersā€¦. Itā€™s not happening, we sold all our best young players and are about 6 weeks off selling another two.

People can say itā€™s what we should do, but itā€™s not realistic, the club is a skip fire.

Iā€™ve been saying it for years, but we very often run Young players out of the club or meekly accept them being sold in the hope itā€™s reinvested, but never is, even these days you are told we need to, to avoid administration.

In that context signing or building a young team to grow together is just pie in the sky theory, conditions donā€™t allow it, until we reach a point that it can be realistically put into practice at the very least by keeping our best young players, we will continue to sign cheap expierenced pros, frees and loans.

They can obviously do it to a point but myself I don't think they can do it very well a lot of them just aren't very good technical footballers. Its painful watching them trying to pass the ball sometimes they get themselves in a massive mess just trying to keep the ball for 30 seconds with underhit passes and poor first touches all over the place.
And this all comes down to lack of training ground work. Its muscle memory when you constantly work on patterns of play at the top level; Player A passes to Player B, Player C overlaps Player C and Player B feeds Player D.

We fumble around because players are told to hold certain positions for defensive solidarity off the ball. Fullbacks rarely support the wingers, the 2 holding midfielders rarely drive past Doucoure. We rarely overload certain areas of the pitch, creating a 2 v 3 scenario. Because theyā€™re his tactics, tactics heā€™s employed at every club

Not taking away from the win, but you could see this against Forest. McNeil was tucked in, a lot, almost has a number 10, but Mykolenko rarely went past the halfway line, think he put 1 cross in.

So I simply do not buy poor player shout as a reason why professional footballers cannot pass and move. Are they poor compared to the top 6 teams; yes. But a large majority of our team get into all the starting 11 of almost everyone around us, with ease.

If he stays beyond the summer, letā€™s see if heā€™s as good of a coach as people think he is next season. Letā€™s see if he can combine a defensive unit with a dangerous attack. Letā€™s see if he can improve on his 0.8 goals per game output, because if he does weā€™ll be a half decent side.

If he doesnā€™t then itā€™ll be pretty much the same way of playing the game on very, very fine margins, which is very dangerous in the PL and eventually caught up with him at Burnley, and almost us this season

Well done Chris.

Never forget.

šŸ

480px-Snake-cobra.gif

Build a team of young playersā€¦. Itā€™s not happening, we sold all our best young players and are about 6 weeks off selling another two.

People can say itā€™s what we should do, but itā€™s not realistic, the club is a skip fire.

Iā€™ve been saying it for years, but we very often run Young players out of the club or meekly accept them being sold in the hope itā€™s reinvested, but never is, even these days you are told we need to, to avoid administration.

In that context signing or building a young team to grow together is just pie in the sky theory, conditions donā€™t allow it, until we reach a point that it can be realistically put into practice at the very least by keeping our best young players, we will continue to sign cheap expierenced pros, frees and loans.

All Iā€™m saying is it should be the long term aim should we get out of the mess.

A new stadium should be the catalyst for the club itself to change for the better. Something all the fans can be excited for.