2023/24 Sean Dyche

Start of season all anyone wanted was for us not to be in a relegation battle last couple of games, we all knew / accepted how bad we are. 35 points with 7 games left, think 80% would have snapped your hand off if offered.
It’s not pretty, it’s not fun, but it’s an improvement on last couple of years.
Our players are [Poor language removed], bar no one. Fear for next season. Can’t see Dyche / anyone else getting as much outta this squad as he has done this year.

I think I can clear this up.

Dyche is terrible
The team is, well, terrible
The tactics are dire (but pragmatic)
The commercial team is excruciatingly bad
The Board were so bad they all went
The finance team must actually not exist
The legal team scream buffoonery

The only people with any credit in our manure ridden club are those tied to the stadium and the hope we have of something better.

Do I like Dyche, no. Do I like HIS football, no. Do I expect him to do much better in this environment, absolutely no.

It is possible to be relieved for the
Mate you’ve got 95% of the forum wanting the guy gone including after the match.

I hardly think you calling me out here fits the general feeling today regarding Dyche.

It's strange on here. I walked out today relieved that we'd scraped a win against 10 man Burnley because we're desperate for points but resenting that I'd dedicated one day of my weekend and a not insignificant amount of money watching that crap. We can be greatful for the points but disgusted with the style of play, but you're not allowed to say that on here without a clique of posters jumping on you.

It is possible to be relieved for the

It's strange on here. I walked out today relieved that we'd scraped a win against 10 man Burnley because we're desperate for points but resenting that I'd dedicated one day of my weekend and a not insignificant amount of money watching that crap. We can be greatful for the points but disgusted with the style of play, but you're not allowed to say that on here without a clique of posters jumping on you.
That's not happening at all though. The majority of posters on here are sick of the tactics, sick of the excuses, sick of the club from top to bottom. However, the majority of posters also wanted survival as their main priority for the season, and sometimes we are allowed to celebrate the small victories.

Today's game was all about the result but it also perfectly demonstrated why it's so hard to get behind him, or to cut him much slack during bad runs of form. The team looked devoid of ideas, his game-management was properly awful and he massively over-relies on certain players, who usually let us down.

He's done fair a bit of good since coming in, it's utterly delusional to try and argue otherwise, but he's also done very little to prove he's a manager who knows more than just one way. I don't mind pragmatic football if there's a reason for it. What we're seeing though is limited coaching ability. Bottom half of PL is his level, and sadly it's currently ours too. But fans want more than that and rightfully so, or at least to be able to hope for it.

He'll be appreciated more when he's gone IMO but he absolutely won't get better than us.

Last edited:
He did a great job to keep us up last year.Think he's done great job to get us the points we have this season. I don't think he will improve us in anyway based on the terrible performances being produced.

Keep until the end of the season and if he keeps us up then thank him and then sack him.

Poor line up choice. Poor subs. Poor football. Positive result, but still leaves fans lacking confidence in the team to get results.

He did a great job to keep us up last year.Think he's done great job to get us the points we have this season. I don't think he will improve us in anyway based on the terrible performances being produced.

Keep until the end of the season and if he keeps us up then thank him and then sack him.
Did he though? We scraped through by a saved penalty in another match. He did a job, I wouldn't give it an adjective.