2023/24 Sean Dyche

Yes but without the points deduction, he’d be averaging slightly over a point a game, which in the majority of seasons you’re going to be close to the drop. Also it’s a slightly easier season and he has a better squad, considering what Lampard had to work last season first half of the season and dyche 2nd half of last season.
This is an overlooked point. The players aren’t world beaters but it’s is certainly a better balanced squad than either Lampard or Benitez had to work with.

A spine of, the England keeper, one of the best young centre half’s in the country, Tarks, Onana, Garner, Doucs and DCL is not a terrible spine and can play a lot better and be more competitive than they are.

The players in the squad actually all suit, in theory, the style that the manager wants to play. Benitez/Lampard were both saddled with a Frankenstein’s monster of a squad, some players suited the way they wanted to play, others didn’t.

I expect pretty much the same line up… maybe he might throw Gana in if he feels a bit fruity.

We’ll huff and puff, miss a few decent chances and go on to lose 2-0.

Probably start brightly before letting them score with their first attack on 20 minutes and then the heads will go down and we won’t threaten again for the rest of the game.

Probably start brightly before letting them score with their first attack on 20 minutes and then the heads will go down and we won’t threaten again for the rest of the game.
The usual pattern for our losses usually involves us defending for the majority of the first half and then we'll miss a sitter and then the opposing team proceeds to score a minute later , has happened so many times

I want to see dyche perform in one of those experiments they subject mice to , where they get shocked for touching the wrong box and eventually the mice refrain from touching the electrified box I think dyche is too obstinate to ever change his approach and would continue getting shocked lol so mcneil , Harrison and Godfrey in the lineup once again

You know I can actually live with Young at RW, our right back options are poor and he'll offer cover on that side.

But to continue to pick Godfrey, out of all the others, give Coleman 60, or just give Patterson a go, he cannot be worse than Godfrey, who is barely a footballer these days. Never mind him being a CB and not a full back.