2023/24 Sean Dyche

The right manager at the right time apparently. Even said it myself. What a load of dog excrement. This fella makes gravy guzzler look like Guardiola. Won't even be the right manager when we are in the championship, he would get us relegated from that too. Record breaking poor runs are meaningless to this fella. Try telling that to any long suffering out of pocket evertonian you absolute whopper.
I haven‘t heard of this guy, but Dyche could have a mutual record of being relegated with a prem team with Dave Bassett depending whether you say he got 2 or 3 (me 2.75) by the end of the season, with 2 promotions.

Last edited:
Agree, wholeheartedly. He may even walk away with some credit playing a more expansive game and getting beat than playing the Dycheball he is notorious for and getting beat.

Alas, whichever way it turns out we will probably get beat as I don't think the squad we have are currently capable of winning an argument never mind a game of football

We can't afford to sack him or afford to hire anybody else.

Not that many managers will want to take over a team facing down the barrel of relegation on two fronts both on and off the pitch, unless..................Sam Allyrdyce.
Does Sean Dyche have a contract until the end of next season ?
As I have said many times before we do not need to sack him now, just put him on gardening duty for the time being and promote within the club, Baines for example, it would not cost any more money than we are paying at the moment and surely Baines would be better prospect than the present excuse for a manager, or at least no worse.

I've given Dyche the benefit of the doubt all season.

However, I'd LOVE him to explain this. Why play with a target man if we offer no width whatsoever?

View attachment 250674
Boo hoo but “the players are crap, what is he supposed to do?”

This is a great graphic and undermines those giving Dyche a free pass for our abysmal football and lack of goals. Wide areas are a glaring area where his tactical approach is directly causing our lack of threat.

Get fullbacks supporting the wingers - he’s not even trying to do that. He’s going even more defensive the worse our form gets.

Two slow wingers, they’re not beating anyone on their own, they need runners going past them, taking men away, creating space, time, give and go. Steven Pienaar wouldn’t have been half the player he was for us if Baines hadn’t crossed the half way line.

He shouldn’t be getting a free pass when he’s playing centre backs at fullback and giving them such cowardly instructions.

If I see the same old faces in the same set-up tonight, I will not be watching it.

After FOUR MONTHS of the same shabite resulting in ZERO wins, surely even this donut must question his way of setting up and playing and think about, at least, tweaking things. My fear is, because we haven’t been getting slapped in games (scorelines) he’ll think it’s really close to working and will plough on as normal. I think I’d rather see us lose 5-2/4-3 having a real go than this turgid excuse for footy and meekly losing 2-0/2-1 anyway.

Change can be good, Sean. Embrace it. What’s the worst that could happen? We lose again? Oh, sound, we’re used to that by now. At least show us you’re trying everything at your disposal to get a result.

So because his crap is slightly better than the last persons crap,That’s ok.

Or is it because this season is easier to stay up ?? As the 3 teams that came aren’t as good as the 3 that went down
Unfortunately that's the position we're in, ye.

'Or is it because this season is easier to stay up ??' - I'm not talking about league position. The fact is we've more points than we did at this stage last season.

3 at the back (Tark, JB & Myko)?

Gana in

Garner to right wing back?

Starting Beto?

Playing Patto more?

Playing Beto AND Dom up top for periods.

Giving Danjuma/Dobbo more game time when fit?

Persisting with the same players in the same 4411 positions and not utilising subs much?

Unfortunately that's the position we're in, ye.

'Or is it because this season is easier to stay up ??' - I'm not talking about league position. The fact is we've more points than we did at this stage last season.
Yes but without the points deduction, he’d be averaging slightly over a point a game, which in the majority of seasons you’re going to be close to the drop. Also it’s a slightly easier season and he has a better squad, considering what Lampard had to work last season first half of the season and dyche 2nd half of last season.