2023/24 Sean Dyche

Problem is we have tough away games, where we’ve got more of our points from this season, and on paper easier games at home, where we’ve struggled. Teams like Forest, Brentford, will most likely set up to defend and that’s where we/dyche struggle. Also we will be bang under pressure at home, because we will definitely need to win at least 2 of Them, 3 if we don’t win an away game
That's the problem. I really think, we could see something like against Luton or Palace. The opponent relying on counters, us forcing to make the play and we fail to profit from and maybe get 1-2 clear cut chances like these both games. Sheffield and Forest will be this game for sure. Having doubts about Brentford or Burnley.

I don't mind how he sets up, personally. I've seen most of our managers do very similar in recent years. It's nothing new. That said, he's got to find some attacking threat from somewhere. Even if it's just Seamus Coleman burrowing down the inside channel, we need something to disrupt the opposition other than McNeil doing three fake crosses in a row to win a corner. I wouldn't be against Dobbin getting a few more minutes either. Even if his touch isn't great, he can at least take people on with some chance of actually beating them.

Benitez and Frank almost took us down, but we would be comfortably mid-table right now if it wasn't for the unjust and corrupt punishment by the Premier League against our club.

But ultimately if we had a clinical finisher we might be challenging for a top 4 place!

My cousin bumped into Dom the other day and he said "We are trying. We recognise what a privilege it is to play for this great club and we won't be the ones to take this club down."

Let's hope he sticks to that.

This is potentially an exciting period for our club, with a move to a new world-class stadium on the Liverpool waterfront on the horizon.

We just need to stay up. By any means necessary. Somehow we need to make Goodison the cauldron of noise it was when we played Palace under Frank.

The thing is, our only run of results came after the Deduction and then another 4pts was handed to us from our lawyer.
the way we've played around that could make you question how big a part the deduction has really done.

obviously the mental side has, for the players and the fans. this second one will be the killer..
But if not for that you could say it's been more the 'Worry' then the actual punishment

Mate, I'm genuinely not trying to be sarcastic or funny or whatever here, but do you see how often in this post and others you fall back to making excuses or coulda-shoulda-woulda (or references to the Cup when we've been talking about the league) in order to support the argument that Dyche is actually doing a good job?

And I just can't agree that 31 points in 28 matches is a "great return." It's barely above relegation form. And, like I said before, without that one 4-match hot streak, it's bang-on relegation form.

Honestly, if that's your outlook, I don't see how this is ever going to be a productive conversation between us, and I don't want to get contentious with a fellow Blue, so I'll just move on now.
OK, we will take it back a bit.

What was your expectations at the start of the year? Just because 31 points isn't a great return, what is a realistic total for this point of the year. Ignore the deduction. Id argue that 31 exceeds realistic expectations.

-Do you think the squad is capable of higher honours? Consider the red scum sabotage agent and Lampard had access to more and better players (Digne, Richo). We are a seriously small and flawed squad. Even in terms of youth players Dyche has stated there are few who can come in. Is Thelwell in the gun too?

-Do you give any credence to the deflating effects of the PSR/Ownership situation have had on the team?

-Sorry to go back to this but we have been solid in defense and have generated a lot of chances, between DCL and Beto it has almost been unprecedented in terms of how many chances have been frittered away. Dyche cant kick the ball for them.

-I only bring up the loss vs Fulham in the LC as a point where the mojo we were generating had evaporated, add to that a spell where it seemed like we copped egregious officiating. At what point is it hard to remain positive and professional under all this pressure.

I think Dyche has done a good job being pragmatic and securing results to keep us in a position where we can maintain our PL status. This season has always been about survival and consolidation, Dyche has performed well in that respect.

The ultimate question is who that is out there could ensure survival because if you are going to make a change you'd only do so if there was a guarantee that any new manager would outperform Dyche who at present has given us a very good shot at survival.

If investment comes in and our PSR allows player investment, we can revisit the expectations and performance of Dyche at that point, but he at least deserves the chance to get us to safety.