2023/24 Sean Dyche

Ha ha like our problem is the manager! lol

Fans still allowed to be critical of him though mate.

He's had runs of

No wins in 7 last season
No wins in 5 start of this season
No wins in 9 currently

There really poor runs to be in and any manager of any team would be rightly questioned.

Yesterday he said if we keep doing what we're doing then a win is just around the corner. He said that 5 games ago.

He said DCL was a week closer to breaking his scoring drought.....about 7 games ago.

Sound bites only work if the actions on the pitch bear fruit, which they haven't.

I'm not talking about sacking him, regardless of what a limited manager he is. But it's right he shouldn't just get a free pass as if he's got nothing to do with some dreadful performances and really piss poor set ups. Some of the passages of play he's overseen shows us the lack of thinking on the training pitch and lack of work on basics like actually passing/movement.

I was quietly confident about yesterday… away at a team who tries to get it down and play is the kind of situation where our game plan is most effective.

And we were a couple of minutes and a very 'un-Dyche' goal to concede away from getting that win which would have made everything look that bit rosier. It was a good cross and great header by Dunk, but we should have done better at stopping the cross and one of our 3 centre halves on the pitch should have dealt with it.

No wins in 9, but also 5 draws in that time. We’re 5 points off achieving our final points tally from last season with 12 games to go. Only 1 point outside the relegation zone (effectively 2 with our GD), but without the points deduction we’d be 11 points clear in 13th.

In any normal season he’d be meeting his brief imo: solidifying our place in the premier league by hook or by crook. I get people are not a fan of the football, but for now it’ll do me.

The 10 point deduction is clouding everything. We’ll never know of course, but would we have gained more points at this point in the league if we hadn’t been slapped with it? Both the fans and players would be much more relaxed if we were sitting where we should rightly be in the table. So much for a sporting advantage.

UTT

It’s on dyche like it has been on every manager since Carlo.

DCL doesn’t score goals as a target man. Never has done and never will.

Dyche is dyche. Like or loathe him he does exactly as it says on the tin. We've got by a distance the better goal average in the bottom 8. Without the points deduction we're around mid table. Nothing i didnt expect and was more than happy to take after two seasons of sleepless relegation seasons
Unfortunately our strikers have gone on strike just when we didnt need it.

He's had runs of

No wins in 7 last season
No wins in 9 currently

There really poor runs to be in and any manager of any team would be rightly questioned.

Yesterday he said if we keep doing what we're doing then a win is just around the corner. He said that 5 games ago.

He said DCL was a week closer to breaking his scoring drought.....about 7 games ago.

Sound bites only work if the actions on the pitch bear fruit, which they haven't.

I'm not talking about sacking him, regardless of what a limited manager he is. But it's right he shouldn't just get a free pass as if he's got nothing to do with some dreadful performances and really piss poor set ups. Some of the passages of play he's overseen shows us the lack of thinking on the training pitch and lack of work on basics like actually passing/movement.

I dont have an issue with people criticizing mate, in fact i think its healthy.

I do find a bit jarring, that some of the comments seem to make judgements about core ability very narrowly as if we were just a normal club, having a normal season and had the ability sign players normally like most clubs etc.

We know that's not the case, we've been a cuckoo club pretty much since the summer, no one fronting it, no one governing it, no one communicating and no one facing up bar the manager - he comes out every week keeps his dignity and stares down the media, when we are the laughing stock of football. I think we can be proud of him and he sits very nicely with the dignity and approach to adversity this club once had a reputation for.

Regardless the above isn't his job, but he fronts it anyway, his job is football management, he has earned 31 points this season. The jitteriness and anxiety people feel about relegation - isnt of his doing - but for some he is baring the brunt, unfairly so to my mind in the context, that our mess is of others creation, not in terms of his performance.

Again, what is a reasonable performance - its fair to judge a manger on building, how many players did Brighton bring on yesterday, to my mind Dyche has not had that opportunity, hes brought some players in but lets be honest, its been dictated by financial limits, loans, frees and deals we could do buy now pay later - which is a pretty narrow field. Regardless hes turned around the mentality, attitude and culture of malaise at this club. Ive never once heired him moan. I said at the start of the season, we were in a league of the bottom 10 in the league, without the points deduction we are competing at the top of that - a year of real progression on last year organically, the fact that isnt tangible is down a non off the field decision. So where should the criticism lie? If someone else messes up at work and impacts your work - should you get the sack and be criticized for that mistake - no, in my opinion, yet here we are.

I take on board on your stats, we've a thread bare squad, injuries bit, during a run of tough fixtures - but you can make stats say anything to reframe weve been beaten once in the last 6, which sounds an awful lot better then the stats you present, hes averaging 1.16 point per game this season so with 14 games left, even now that could have us 37/38 points.

Hes leading out with great dignity, fronting the club, keeping the show on the road, getting points all in the worst context any Everton manager ever has faced.

I think hes doing an incredible job - you cant compare his job to any other football manager to be honest in my opinion.

Last edited:

He's had runs of

No wins in 7 last season
No wins in 9 currently

Results are okay overall (lower mid table results with a lower mid table team). The football is dire though and we're not a Stoke or Burnley who will want to sit through that every year just to stay in the league.

He looks better because of how bad Lampard was and the fact his teams are solid and compact.

I still can’t get a handle on this guy.

I don’t understand him, I don’t know who he is. He doesn’t ever reveal himself or his true feelings, except during the game. He’s a wall of consistent, neutral banality otherwise.

I see him raging on the touchline during games and wonder where that person is whenever he’s interviewed.

Similarly, I have no idea whether he’s good or bad for the club. I know he’s better than Lampard or Benitez, but I don’t know whether he’s better or worse than your average Premier League manager would be for us right now.

I’ve no idea whether he’ll stabilise us in mid table, or eventually send us down.

All I know is that I’d like to get behind him, but I’m really struggling to.

I'm concerned. If we don't beat West Ham, we've got a run of tricky fixtures where we will have a real risk of going 4 months without a win. 2 months without a win is bad enough.

I feel now is the time to roll the dice and get a new manager in. Better to do it now than with us needing to win 4 games in the last month