2023/24 Sean Dyche

He's working with what he's got... And getting maximum effort out of all of them through a strong team spirit. We're fighting again, as a team... Been a while.

Said it before but... At least I identify with us again.

Would be interesting to see what these lot do/did with the 10 point shackles off. Would they/ Sean play differently..... Dunno.

But as he is. He works in the here and now. Is right. And so should we.

That extends IMO to next season, (hopefully) without further sanctions. That said, until the here and now for Everton is one without uncertainty and is one where Sean finally has a free hand (in terms of safety) then he should be kept.
And, praised for what he's done thus far AND savoured.

He's working with what he's got... And getting maximum effort out of all of them through a strong team spirit. We're fighting again, as a team... Been a while.

Said it before but... At least I identify with us again.

Would be interesting to see what these lot do/did with the 10 point shackles off. Would they/ Sean play differently..... Dunno.

But as he is. He works in the here and now. Is right. And so should we.

That extends IMO to next season, (hopefully) without further sanctions. That said, until the here and now for Everton is one without uncertainty and is one where Sean finally has a free hand (in terms of safety) then he should be kept.
And, praised for what he's done thus far AND savoured.

spot on

50% of our goals from set pieces.

Bear in mind we picked him up off the dole queue after he'd been sacked by Burnley. Nobody else would touch him. I think we are safe in terms of him being prised from us!
Do set pieces count less compared to "normal" goals or something?

Goals are goals.

We have had no penalties either if we are being fair.

It's an interesting one isn't it. I suppose the argument is that put the 10 points on and we are exactly in the place you describe, 11/12th and a player or two off top ten.

No doubt he is not the most progressive manager but genuinely not sure who would do better with this lot.
But the type of manager you get, and his style dictates the players you buy and the players you can attract. I’m not sure loads of good players will want to join dyche and play This style.

Patterson is still young and quite raw, but for Scotland he bombs forward, he’s not allowed to At Everton or he has to limit the times he goes forward. He’s since been dropped for a CB and Coleman can still do a good job defensively, but hasn’t offered much going forward for years. I could see dyche selling Patterson and bringing in another Myko type at Right back. Myko has been great defensively but again, he’s poor going forward.

McNeil will be our left winger every week while dyche is here, if that’s 1 more year or 4. When he replaces doucoure it will be for a similar type player to play in that role, he ain’t going for a flair player who may go missing at times in games but can win you a game on his own.

But the type of manager you get, and his style dictates the players you buy and the players you can attract. I’m not sure loads of good players will want to join dyche and play This style.

Patterson is still young and quite raw, but for Scotland he bombs forward, he’s not allowed to At Everton or he has to limit the times he goes forward. He’s since been dropped for a CB and Coleman can still do a good job defensively, but hasn’t offered much going forward for years. I could see dyche selling Patterson and bringing in another Myko type at Right back. Myko has been great defensively but again, he’s poor going forward.

McNeil will be our left winger every week while dyche is here, if that’s 1 more year or 4. When he replaces doucoure it will be for a similar type player to play in that role, he ain’t going for a flair player who may go missing at times in games but can win you a game on his own.
We have a DoF though Dyche shouldn't be making any calls on players if we are running the model properly. The problem is with us ever since we have gone down the DoF route we have still gone for 'manager' types rather than 'training ground head coach' types who just want to get on and develop and improve players. Manager types are always going to want a say in the other stuff which is why we end up in such a recruitment mess all the time as you just have too many people sticking opinions in.

Mykolenko has been good going forward. He is a bit clunky at times but he is willing and I would say since Dyche took over he has been given more licence to run forward and get into some good positions.

Patterson is pretty average for me. There is a bit of potential there but I wouldn't be against him going either.

Do set pieces count less compared to "normal" goals or something?

Goals are goals.

We have had no penalties either if we are being fair.

Title chasing Arsenal are behind us with 12 (I think) goals from set pieces.

There's articles about how effective they are with them in celebration of it.

We do it it's "Sunday league pub manager tactics"

The nice football thing is a myth anyway. We are better as a club when we are battlers with a bit of graft and ability. Better growling rather than purring.
That’s the biggest myth ever ffs, tell that to fans who watched the 60’s team or some of the teams through the 70’s and of course the 80’s.
Even this dogs of war team that Joe Royal built at times played great football. Spurs in the cup semi. Fast forward 12 months and the team that had, Kanchelskis, Barmby, speed, grant, limpar, Dunc, Stuart, Parkinson. Played brilliant football and could be very aggressive, you needed the balance of both even in the 90’s. That the best prem team I’ve seen, better than any Moyes team or Martinez 2013/14.

This let’s get stuck in , big tackles, get the crowd angry, get the ball in the box quickly. If that’s what you want to
Watch , well you will be watching it in the championship, because that’s where that style will end up, the game is changing, refs are changing, you want be able to make tackles in 10yrs. Like it or hate it, that’s where the game is going and we can’t be left behind

Would he play Deli Ali in the 10 if fit?

We have a DoF though Dyche shouldn't be making any calls on players if we are running the model properly. The problem is with us ever since we have gone down the DoF route we have still gone for 'manager' types rather than 'training ground head coach' types who just want to get on and develop and improve players. Manager types are always going to want a say in the other stuff which is why we end up in such a recruitment mess all the time as you just have too many people sticking opinions in.
I agree and this is where the owner and board and have completely F us over. No joined up thinking, hopefully with new owners they can let the Dof and the sporting team fun the team and you get a Manager to suit the players and if he isn’t up to the job you replace with a manager who has a similar style.

This is one problem with dyche, if we sell our best players and bring in players he wants, what happens when he’s sacked do we go for another dyche and then be stuck in the style of football for 10yrs

The top 4 on the possession stats this season are the top 4 in the league. Sheff Utd are bottom of both. It’s not rocket science to know that in this era of football, possession is king.

I don’t mind Dyche, he generally gets the team organised and drilled, but long term, it just isn’t the way to play football I’m afraid.