2023/24 Sean Dyche

Some bad delusional people on this website.

Just watched us barely escape relegation the last two seasons, this season we'd be 12th without a points deduction due to severe mismanagement by our owners and a very hard decision by the independent committee.

Despite this, the jon eds on here turn up in their masses to give the manager pelters and say we should get a new one just because we don't win an open ended game.

We'd be unlucky to be sat in 12th considering there's at least 4 games we should have won (wolves, Fulham, spurs + today). The manager can't do anything about the huge chances we've missed and the decisions that have gone against us. Some of you lot really need your heads checking if you're cryarsing about not going for it in the last 15 today.

Thought he did pretty well today.

A couple of bright spots from us first half - but I thought we came out clearly the better side in the second.

If it hadn't descended into anti-football we might have got the winner.

Not doubting the shift they put in or the mentality, it was a battle and they were up for it. The defenders played well and it was a good result against a very good team. Not knocking any of that.

What im saying is when we have possession, which is not much in each game, we are horrific on the ball. Imagine defending for most of the game then when you do finally get the ball to take a breather, someonw gives it back within 10/15 seconds. Its not even when trying through balls or nice idea but just didnt come off. Im talking about basic passes.

We made 143 successful passes today with a 62% success rate. Thats shocking

So what you are saying is we have bad players which one of McNeill, Harrison, Onana, Docoure, Garner and DCL should not be in the side and who are replacing them with?

One chance all game and the the follow up from garner, yes we restricted them to only a few chances, but there’s was only one team winning that in the second half and they easily could have late on had a few things dropped in their favour
Nobody won it though.

We got a good point from a team that would have gone joint top if they won.

Villa have better players than us and we got a point. Our manager deserves some credit.

So what you are saying is we have bad players which one of McNeill, Harrison, Onana, Docoure, Garner and DCL should not be in the side and who are replacing them with?

Doucoure is a terrible footballer but is key to how we play and scores vital goals.

The others are all decent technically which makes our setup and style even worse.

You can’t count an offside a goal as a chance 🤣🤣 we had the DCL and garner shots in around the 30th minute mark I think. So for the next 75mins we didn’t have a shot on target. All I can remember is a McNeil free kick by the corner flag straight into the keepers hands and the Onana shot at the end. While Villa had shots and crosses, corners A few headers, we had the mad scramble we got away with and the young striker put one past the post. They wanted to win the game we didn’t.

I’m not getting into a long discussion going to watch the Utd game, but dyche will never change and if you think 53k fans will be happy watching us With 30% at our shinny new ground m, then you will be in for shock.

You said we didnt look like creating anything in the second half and i pointed out we had the ball in back of the net after a really good attacking phase, aslo i said McNeill broke the line and created another chance in the closing stages. Danjuma had a chance in the first half, we had numerous in the first ten mins, Dom we know. Which is why im point out your errors in interpretations.
Ultimately what you are saying to me here is, i cant argue the points you are making so im going to make a sweeping statement about Dyche, i cant back up because i just dont like him.

In the real world we have 27 points, with this squad of players - the question is, is another manager coming in and bettering that with the same group - i think we all know the answer.

Last edited:
Doucoure is a terrible footballer but is key to how we play and scores vital goals.

The others are all decent technically which makes our setup and style even worse.

Lost me here mate.

And not sure you answered my question.

So im not sure what you are saying here but, running a thread thorough your criticism you dont like the Everton manager and you dont like the Everton players.

As dyche a performance as you'll get. Dug in second half and ground out a point. We've had a terrible record against them at Goodison lately.

These are the type of games we've lost regularly over the last 2/3 seasons.

We weren't at our best today, but the ethics instilled by the manager ground out a deserved point for us.

If that's classed as a poor performance, then so be it. Just shows how we've improved. Poor performances last season were us getting stuffed in games like today's.

Some bad delusional people on this website.

Just watched us barely escape relegation the last two seasons, this season we'd be 12th without a points deduction due to severe mismanagement by our owners and a very hard decision by the independent committee.

Despite this, the jon eds on here turn up in their masses to give the manager pelters and say we should get a new one just because we don't win an open ended game.

We'd be unlucky to be sat in 12th considering there's at least 4 games we should have won (wolves, Fulham, spurs + today). The manager can't do anything about the huge chances we've missed and the decisions that have gone against us. Some of you lot really need your heads checking if you're cryarsing about not going for it in the last 15 today.
Spot on, most of our fanbase is unbearable when we dont win. I avoid social media after loss/draw like a plague.