2023/24 Sean Dyche

We weren't disgraceful against a Arsenal at all. They're just much better than us yet still limped to a 1-0 win.
No, I'm sorry the tactics that day were a disgrace, no fight, no energy, just 11 men sitting on our own penalty box line for 90 mins and refusing to press and harass the opposition. I don't mind holding out against a quality side but the attitude and lack of effort to even do that justice was shambolic. There's a massive difference from then to now about how we play when putting those tactics on the field.

No, I'm sorry the tactics that day were a disgrace, no fight, no energy, just 11 men sitting on our own penalty box line for 90 mins and refusing to press and harass the opposition. I don't mind holding out against a quality side but the attitude and lack of effort to even do that justice was shambolic. There's a massive difference from then to now about how we play when putting those tactics on the field.
The tactics were fine, it was the implementation of them that was ineffective. That happens. The tactics haven't changed much at all.

The tactics were fine, it was the implementation of them that was ineffective. That happens. The tactics haven't changed much at all.
They've been implemented far better, that's why you see us with 30-40% possession now as opposed to the 15% we had against Arsenal, because we fight to win the ball back. It didn't happen against Arsenal, we sat with our pants around our ankles and waited for them to take advantage. You've got very rosey tinted glasses about that game mate.

We weren't disgraceful against a Arsenal at all. They're just much better than us yet still limped to a 1-0 win.
I thought that was our worse home performance to be fair, didn't think there was a lot wrong with Fulham, Wolves and even Luton in terms of set up and performance. We were too passive against Arsenal though.

I think he's doing a terrific job all in all.

They've been implemented far better, that's why you see us with 30-40% possession now as opposed to the 15% we had against Arsenal, because we fight to win the ball back. It didn't happen against Arsenal, we sat with our pants around our ankles and waited for them to take advantage. You've got very rosey tinted glasses about that game mate.
Against very good sides, it happens. I've seen many a disgraceful display from us and that wasn't one.

There was only one side playing football that day, we were training dummies. Absolutely bizarre take. The amount we've improved since then is night and day. Arsenal weren't even good that day, and we didn't even sniff a sausage.
I'm not saying we haven't improved. I'm saying it wasn't disgraceful. Only thing absolutely bizarre is you getting your thong in a twist because someone disagreed with your hyperbole.