2023/24 Sean Dyche

Ooh stop an Everton win and now this...
redfox9-sean-dyche.gif

I’m obviously glad we won but I don’t know, I don’t feel like we were all that good today, or more, I don’t feel like there is as much difference between the games as we seem to think. Forest were terrible today and barring McNeils goal, neither team looked much like doing anything. It’s just a worry in light of more difficult games that we don’t look that great tbh.

I’m obviously glad we won but I don’t know, I don’t feel like we were all that good today, or more, I don’t feel like there is as much difference between the games as we seem to think. Forest were terrible today and barring McNeils goal, neither team looked much like doing anything. It’s just a worry in light of more difficult games that we don’t look that great tbh.
I agree we didn’t play brilliantly, but we’ve just won away at a team that generally have a good home record, without 2 of our more important players in Onana and Calvert-Lewin. One game at a time. That was a very well earned 3 points on the road.

Our pressing made them look awful today, in my opinion

I think McNeill could be very handy in the middle of the park, agreed, but he won't be moved because of his work rate and support for Myko, Danjuma won't be tracking back. Sometimes McNeill gets a rough time for not doing enough but I think it's on Dyche as he often ends up as a wing back due to how deep we sit. Dyche won't risk exposing Myko I don't think, as well as he is playing.

Myko is pretty good one v one so I think for some home games it's worth the risk just to keep another attacker pretty high up the pitch ready for a counter.

Can't be going something like 11-12 home games with just one win otherwise the last 5-6 will all become must wins so got to tweak the rigid system a little but finding the right game to do it as all the forthcoming opponents look tough to beat.

Seems like that is the only way we can win nowadays despite the fact that our tactics can make teams look bad. Dyche doing a job on teams. Can work the other way also. Get your tactics wrong and it can make the other team look like 1970 Brazil

There was only one side playing football that day, we were training dummies. Absolutely bizarre take. The amount we've improved since then is night and day. Arsenal weren't even good that day, and we didn't even sniff a sausage.
In hindsight, we should have let the women, under 23s, under 15s and Bootle FC play on the pitch the day before and turned Goodison into a potato field. Then the game against arsenal would have been more even.

I agree we didn’t play brilliantly, but we’ve just won away at a team that generally have a good home record, without 2 of our more important players in Onana and Calvert-Lewin. One game at a time. That was a very well earned 3 points on the road.
Yeah it was a good result today and fair play to Dyche. Not always pretty but our results have been improving and he deserves credit for that.

Is it the players or is it instruction that once we take a deserved lead we sit back and let the opposition attack at will and create more chances than before we score. Seems like an invite to attack and create chances