2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think he's doing exactly what we should expect.
He's definitely improving the team, improving our quality.
Keeping us away from relegation.
It's alot more fun to watch than Lampard or Mr Big Cloob.

I don't see what people have to moan about.
It's a project that is gaining progress and momentum all the time.

It's been awhile since I posted on a regular basis on this site, I'll check out the dyche thread, he's making progress with the squad in my opinion despite some minor gripes, I wonder what the perceptions of fellow everton fans are?
"Sack dyche and bring in Neil Lennon"

37g6hd.jpg

The players are better than most give credit for though, Pickford is Englands no1, Branthwaite and Onana are both very highly rated younger players linked with CL level clubs, DCL (when fit) is a top PL level striker on his day. There are numerous others like McNeil, Harrison, Garner, Tarkowski who have shown they are good PL standard players. I have no issue with being direct, our neighbours play very direct and it doesn't do them any harm. Id just prefer a few less long balls (we average 73 in games this season) we can be direct by moving quickly on the ground it just takes a bit of work on the training ground. The main thing though at the moment (for me) is that players have actual roles now, that's something which has been lacking under numerous managers and it makes a huge difference imo.
Completely agree with your post also good players mean nothing if you don't have a clear vision on how to utilize them just look at Chelsea last season and earlier this year , I think the cohesion of the squad Is the best it's been in awhile

The players are better than most give credit for though, Pickford is Englands no1, Branthwaite and Onana are both very highly rated younger players linked with CL level clubs, DCL (when fit) is a top PL level striker on his day. There are numerous others like McNeil, Harrison, Garner, Tarkowski who have shown they are good PL standard players. I have no issue with being direct, our neighbours play very direct and it doesn't do them any harm. Id just prefer a few less long balls (we average 73 in games this season) we can be direct by moving quickly on the ground it just takes a bit of work on the training ground. The main thing though at the moment (for me) is that players have actual roles now, that's something which has been lacking under numerous managers and it makes a huge difference imo.

It’s a convenient argument though isn’t it that can always just be used to discredit the manager. If the manager brings these players into fitness, in good form, in the right tactical system, to get a good level of performance from them then suddenly all that work can just be negated by saying ‘the players are better than most give them credit for’

I actually think the players in this squad are hugely overrated and on paper there’s a lot of PL teams who have far better lineups than we do.

Pickford is rated appropriately by Everton fans as one of the best keepers in the league.

Branthwaite is a 20 year old kid who had barely played PL football before this season. Undoubtedly he has quality but it’s been Dyche who has given him consistent game time to improve.

Onana didn’t show any of this sort of form under Lampard last season and it took a while for Dyche to get him to this level. His only other suitor at the time was West Ham so it’s not like he’s a top player we stole from the top clubs.

Calvert Lewin has never scored more than 14 league goals in a single season. He’s a decent PL striker with multiple fitness issues who will probably never play first team football for a top club.

They’re our best players.

Harrison is on loan from a championship club he got relegated with. Garner was unwanted by United and looked good in the championship, he’s taken a long time to find his level in the PL as a decent midfielder. Tarkowski has spent his entire career playing lower prem football and has a handful of England caps, Doucoure the same and had to represent Mali as could never make the French team. McNeil also has spent his whole career in the bottom half.

These are ok players that Dyche has improved but it is not a collection of players with multiple international caps, experience at CL clubs, and wanted by big clubs. Pickford aside there isn’t a single player on current form who a top 6 side would take for their starting 11.

Onana and Branthwaite might get there if they carry on improving maybe end of next season

There’s just no metric whatsoever to say this is a good group of players who should be higher in the league - none whatsoever. If they go higher as a collective unit it’s because Dyche has done a good job.

I would put a fair wager on that not one decent team will come kicking our door down in the summer wanting to sign any of McNeil Harrison Garner Gueye Doucoure Mykolenko Young Tarkowski Keane Coleman Calvert Lewin. Some of them are playing well for us but this is not a group of top players by any stretch.

It’s a convenient argument though isn’t it that can always just be used to discredit the manager. If the manager brings these players into fitness, in good form, in the right tactical system, to get a good level of performance from them then suddenly all that work can just be negated by saying ‘the players are better than most give them credit for’

I actually think the players in this squad are hugely overrated and on paper there’s a lot of PL teams who have far better lineups than we do.

Pickford is rated appropriately by Everton fans as one of the best keepers in the league.

Branthwaite is a 20 year old kid who had barely played PL football before this season. Undoubtedly he has quality but it’s been Dyche who has given him consistent game time to improve.

Onana didn’t show any of this sort of form under Lampard last season and it took a while for Dyche to get him to this level. His only other suitor at the time was West Ham so it’s not like he’s a top player we stole from the top clubs.

Calvert Lewin has never scored more than 14 league goals in a single season. He’s a decent PL striker with multiple fitness issues who will probably never play first team football for a top club.

Harrison is on loan from a championship club he got relegated with. Garner was unwanted by United and looked good in the championship, he’s taken a long time to find his level in the PL as a decent midfielder. Tarkowski has spent his entire career playing lower prem football and has a handful of England caps, Doucoure the same and had to represent Mali as could never make the French team. McNeil also has spent his whole career in the bottom half.

These are ok players that Dyche has improved but it is not a collection of players with multiple international caps, experience at CL clubs, and wanted by big clubs. Pickford aside there isn’t a single player on current form who a top 6 side would take for their starting 11.

Onana and Branthwaite might get there if they carry on improving maybe end of next season

There’s just no metric whatsoever to say this is a good group of players who should be higher in the league - none whatsoever. If they go higher as a collective unit it’s because Dyche has done a good job.

I would put a fair wager on that not one decent team will come kicking our door down in the summer wanting to sign any of McNeil Harrison Garner Gueye Doucoure Mykolenko Young Tarkowski Keane Coleman Calvert Lewin. Some of them are playing well for us but this is not a group of top players by any stretch.
Harrison is on loan and will return to Leeds unless we splash some cash.

Fulham were in for Iwobi and his level is at those you have mentioned. I could see a bid for DCL if he manages not to breakdown again this season.

I could also see a bid for James Garner if he continues his trajectory this season.

A January bid for Keggers from one of the bottom 3 could be a possibility, he is absolute dirt but could plug a hole for a Luton/Sheffield United along with Godfrey.

I'm pretty confident he'll keep us in the league this season. That's all that matters for me. His football is not the best but it's also not as bad as some make out. I think if our attacking options had been sorted before the season started then we'd be in a better position now than we are currently, and it was not his fault that they weren't.

We average 73 long balls a game - that cant be true, one every minute and 10 seocds, with 20% possession in some games.

Id seriously question that mate.

Difference between Dyche and Lampard is Lampard persisted with things that didn't work kike playing out from the back. Benitez just persisted in doing all things wrong. Dyche has been identifying the problems and attempting to rectify them. He is still solving and from the sounds of him will continue to do so.

Dyche hasn't been here a year yet but we can see his progress.

He had a bad start to the season but for a good number of those games they gave us hope. We didn't feel hopeless after seeing those defeats

Everyone knows they’re not a group of top players don’t know who said that. They’re average. Whatever way you dress it up, the squad is superior than Luton’s, Bournemouth, Sheffield United and Burnley and I’d say on par with Forest and Fulham. So the league position we’re in now is expected with this group of players.

He’s doing well but this whole ‘the players are turd and he’s performing miracles’ you keep going on about is just nonsense I’m afraid.

Simply put.. you continuously discredit/ignore players and worship lord dyche when we win and solely blame the players when we lose.

We average 73 long balls a game - that cant be true, one every minute and 10 seocds, with 20% possession in some games.

Id seriously question that mate.
According to FBref:
Fulham - 76
Aston Villa - 67
Wolves - 68
Sheff Utd - 74
Arsenal - 64
Brentford - 71
Luton - 101
Bournemouth - 77
Liverpool - 79
West Ham - 67
Brighton - 71
Crystal Palace - 73

so it actually works out at 74 not 73, their numbers not mine got an issue raise it with them mate. It probably comes down to what is classed as a 'long ball' tbh

I think you are doing the players a massive disservice and many of them are better than think, they don't need to be world beaters but for where we are many of them are adequate. You are entitled to your view though.