2023/24 Sean Dyche

He should have gone in two footed on the officials in the post match interview. No holding back. How can the whole Everton coaching staff get a yellow for even suggesting the ref bottled it? Just a joke, but will already be forgotten by everyone who can do something about it.
Aye, that interview was no time for laughing and joking, which is what he did. Needed to come out all guns blazing, but predictably didn't.

Disagree with the point that he suits us right now. I really don’t want to look for another manager I fact some fans reckon we can’t afford to get rid but he’s not the manger for us.
His post match interview was pathetic. I want my manager to be an angry and go for the jugular about the officials performance. I also want a manager and coach that can improve players and be a good tactician. This guy doesn’t do any of it
This...I have said it for months now...useless and more useless we should have sacked him months ago but here we are still putting up with rubbish for a manager.

Disagree. This wasn't Dyche today
No? Then who picked Young and did him being sent off because he is trying to over compensate for his legs beginning to go, affect our chances of getting anything there? Also who decides to put all of our players in their own area to defend corners when we are a team of giants? That means we have nobody to aim for when we make a clearance and we just give the opposition the ball with loads of space to put us back under pressure. Who decided that bringing Keane on was a good idea?

I'm not saying that we would have got anything from the game if he had made different choices, but, we would have been in a far better position to try and get something. Dyche is a very stubborn manager who has his favourites and will play the at any opportunity, Young and Keane are two of them. Keane is a bundle of nerves and as far as the penalty went, it was nailed on, what on earth was he doing facing a cross in his own area with his arm out, the rules are quite clear, I know the rule, you know the rule why doesn't a professional footballer who earns £80,000 a week know the rule?

Do you see now why I think that Dyche is culpable?

No? Then who picked Young and did him being sent off because he is trying to over compensate for his legs beginning to go, affect our chances of getting anything there? Also who decides to put all of our players in their own area to defend corners when we are a team of giants? That means we have nobody to aim for when we make a clearance and we just give the opposition the ball with loads of space to put us back under pressure. Who decided that bringing Keane on was a good idea?

I'm not saying that we would have got anything from the game if he had made different choices, but, we would have been in a far better position to try and get something. Dyche is a very stubborn manager who has his favourites and will play the at any opportunity, Young and Keane are two of them. Keane is a bundle of nerves and as far as the penalty went, it was nailed on, what on earth was he doing facing a cross in his own area with his arm out, the rules are quite clear, I know the rule, you know the rule why doesn't a professional footballer who earns £80,000 a week know the rule?

Do you see now why I think that Dyche is culpable?
We can't make it a cause when it is their natural walk
giphy.gif

When the first team sheet was published, I was sincerely hoping for a 1-1 match at best. But after the player got sent off, he made some substitutions which were not coherent way of playing. What don't we test different styles of play ine training where they can learn multiple roles in different systems. Is it like different 'yardages' is beyond our professional players.

Was at a do yesterday but unfortunately managed to see most of the game. Told a lad that Dyche will be charged in the morning for his match officials comments, even though he hadn't been interviewed at the time. Gutted and let down that he chose to save a few quid by not going in big time on bent refereeing !!!

The team he sent out was ok, after all we'd just spanked Bournemouth 3-0 and it would be difficult and probably unfair to change it.

The real issue is yet again his pathetic in-game decision making that has cost us the game alongside the officials.

When an old full back picks up a yellow card early doors, especially in a local derby when decisions basically always go against you, he has to come off, doesn't matter how long is gone in the game. Dyche I believe was probably thinking Young would be allowed another foul and then he'd sub him, but that second foul was clearly yellow worthy and the opportunity and game was lost right there and Dyche would have known it immediately.

The difficulty then was obviously we needed to bring on Patterson, but with two wide men on the field, how would we maintain any kind of shape by taking just one of them off? Doucoure was kept on because of his legs and height, understandable, so Dyche will say we couldn't shift one of them into an unnatural number 10 role and play Doucoure deeper. I disagree though.

This is where Dyche messed up big time. He thought the only option was to go full on defence mode and take both wide players off to maintain as natural a formation (5-3-1) as possible instead of switching out McNeil/Harrison for Patterson and going 4-3-1-1 (Doucoure-Garner-Onana-McN/Harrison-DCL) which to me would have been better.

Whenever 'Michael Keane' is the answer then you know there is a big problem. He's already down the pecking order now and hopefully, by some miracle, and even though he's rubbish as well, Godfrey is above him now.

Without the penalty they'd have scored anyway, but the penalty was obviously the, no pun, handout they needed.

Chatting with a few Burnley season ticket holders yesterday at the Stags Head in Bowness, good group of fellas.

Their words were - “he’s too negative, always sets up not to lose, not to win games”.

Pretty much what we’ve worked out about him this season, Luton being the obvious case example.