2023/24 Sean Dyche

depressing isn’t it ,never ending aswell
Yes, the alarm bells rang for me the day Ancelotti left and we ended up replacing him with a has been who just happened to live local. I get fellas are frustrated, but whilst we can argue about Dyche and his tactics and formations or whatever, you can't polish a turd. He's still got the same 20 odd players to choose from, and many of those permutations will be [Poor language removed] because many of those players are either past it or not good enough. It's a case of battling away for 8-10 wins or whatever, picking up the odd draw, and hoping there are 3 teams worse than us.

Changing Dyche won't guarantee anything different from his successor because the squad is what it is, and I think we should keep him for now. However, another 4 games with no wins and potential daylight between us and 4th bottom then there's a decision to be made.

I've said it a thousand times over the last several years, we have no identity as to what type of football we are trying to achieve, What the fans want to see and demand to see. Our fans applaud a phil neville crunch tackle as much as a wayne Rooney worldie.
Hard graft and commitment is 100% the building blocks for 90 minutes in every game.
Look like your just trudging around the pitch and your gonna get it from the fans.
Keep passing it sideways and backwards and the fans will be on your back, keep punting hopeless balls upfield, the fans are gonna be on your back.

My concern with Dyche is that he is unwilling or incapable of introducing any kind of patterns of play that don't involve Burnely style football.
He was always known for hideous football at Burnley.

Foden assist 2 mins after coming on.
Bogle goal 14 mins
Gudmonsson assist 1 min
Nketiah goal 26 mins
Reed assist 17 mins
Kalajdzic goal 2 mins
Veltman assist 9 mins
Benrahama assist 19 mins
Nunez 2 goals 13 mins

This seems more like an indictment of our squad depth than of Dyche’s unwillingness to use subs. We don’t have substitutes like anyone on this list.

To be fair, it's early in the season and players are yet to return. He can and should be judged then.
I do wonder though, if we get zero points from the next couple of games, how many on here will still be championing him then?

Of the 9 games hes had either DCL or Beto available, we've won 3, drawn 4 and lost 2 mate.

He and we have been mullard by injuries since hes been here.

Be stupid to blink, but Moshiri is pretty stupid.
Fantastic statistic, but we've played more than 9 games - he's up to 23 at this point, with 6 wins.

Even a sample plucked out of thin air like that without acknowledging the bigger picture it's still nonsense (respectfully, hopefully you don't tell me to do one this time Neiler lol x ). Man's at about 20% winrate, that's relegation form whichever way you look at it, and our current hoard of 1 points and sickeningly leaky defense further proves it really.

This seems more like an indictment of our squad depth than of Dyche’s unwillingness to use subs. We don’t have substitutes like anyone on this list.
I mean there is the possibility for you to check this, and see that even with his own team for a decade - Burnley - he still subbed players at around the 75-80 min mark, or otherwise said "when it's too late", or never and using just 1 sub bizarrely. Doesn't matter who you have on the bench, they have to be having an absolute nightmare of a game or be injured to be subbed earlier.

Which I acknowledged (and you decided not to include when you quoted me). However, sometimes giving a young player, or a player needing to prove themselves, or just someone to provide fresh legs to pressure and force a mistake, can have a big impact.

Yet Dyche rarely uses the options.

I've said it a thousand times over the last several years, we have no identity as to what type of football we are trying to achieve, What the fans want to see and demand to see. Our fans applaud a phil neville crunch tackle as much as a wayne Rooney worldie.
Hard graft and commitment is 100% the building blocks for 90 minutes in every game.
Look like your just trudging around the pitch and your gonna get it from the fans.
Keep passing it sideways and backwards and the fans will be on your back, keep punting hopeless balls upfield, the fans are gonna be on your back.

My concern with Dyche is that he is unwilling or incapable of introducing any kind of patterns of play that don't involve Burnely style football.
He was always known for hideous football at Burnley.
The 2nd goal looked pretty good to me yesterday.

Agree with the first part. Some pine for Demarai Gray playing while at the same time complaining about effort and leaking goals.

You guys do realise that there are managers who get a tune out of way poorer players than ours?
If its a case of 'they are doing all the right things but the quality just isn't there' then fine. But I don't think we are doing all the right things.
Is it the players fault with the Doncaster goal?

You guys do realise that there are managers who get a tune out of way poorer players than ours?
If its a case of 'they are doing all the right things but the quality just isn't there' then fine. But I don't think we are doing all the right things.
Which managers are you thinking of?

This is the third manager this group of players has chewed through. I don’t think the person you are describing is available to us.

Some of you just need to say you hate having a manager like Sean Dyche in charge rather than hide behind notorious whinger Demarai Gray throwing his toys out the pram - at his third straight club - after not turning up for training for 3 days thinking he's going to Fulham.