2023/24 Sean Dyche

In what regards has he lost the dressing room? His tactics or on a personal level?

Hadn't occurred to me that he has players who have lost faith in him.

In what regards has he lost the dressing room? His tactics or on a personal level?

Beto joins the team, full of energy, fight, runs all day.

The players that have played under Dyche for 9months stroll around the pitch, lack of effort, lack of fight.

Nobody is fighting for the manager.

What I don’t understand is the sarcastic vitriol directed at Dyche critics when the only game in town that matters is points on the board and PL safety, for the good of the club. We currently have 1/12 points having played none of the more successful team in the league.

No one takes any enjoyment from being concerned or questioning his performance. No one wants to keep appointing managers who appear no better or inferior to the last one. No one thinks he has an amazing squad- we know it’s poor and some managers have had better squads than others.

We all want a successful Everton manager. While some see it as just 4 games, others look for trends over the entirety of his time here. What I think is indisputable is he needs to start getting results fairly soon for the club’s sake as well as his own.

I mentioned it as far back as the Villa game where he said he would have subbed all 11 if he could.

Very rare for any manager who has 1 point from the first 12 to be in full control of the dressing room.

I’d say the evidence is there that they’ve rejected him

Can’t see who else of any quality would come into this current mess. Think we have him until we get more investment or we will end up with some combination of Ferguson /Baines/Rooney.

Probably no bad thing to lose all the surplus players over the next 12 months so a new manager has funds from an investment & doesn’t inherit too many poor players.

Need Dyche to keep us in the premier league though. We now have goals in us & Dyche should be able to sort the defence.

Fingers crossed.

We won 8 games last year. There's absolutely no reason to think we will win half our remaining matches - that would mean 17 wins

We are terrible in defence this season and can't score. We need enormous improvements and I doubt such a limited manager like Dyche has the solutions. Time will tell.
I didn't think that through before posting. I suppose I meant we'd score as many as we'd concede, as in wouldn't lose half of them. But then again we didn't have a centre forward for the majority of last season so I suppose that was part of my reasoning.

I think I'll keep out of this sort of discussion until at least after Christmas because all sorts of things can happen. It's not just our form and results that count.

I didn't think that through before posting. I suppose I meant we'd score as many as we'd concede, as in wouldn't lose half of them. But then again we didn't have a centre forward for the majority of last season so I suppose that was part of my reasoning.

I think I'll keep out of this sort of discussion until at least after Christmas because all sorts of things can happen. It's not just our form and results that count.
Thats fair

We'll definitely have a much better idea about our chances come the end of November/beginning of December

I think we might be expecting too much.
His job is to survive for next 2 seasons.
He's not going to turn into Spalletti.
It'll be horrible to watch, but there's no queue of managers waiting to take over this shambles.
He's a means to an end.
I`m glad you know the recruitment of managers so well within Everton FC, tell us who applied the last time the job came up seeing as YOU KNOW....

There is plenty of managers that would manage this club on the continent that are very good or out of work. OUR BOARD took the easy option.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should have shook his hand at the end of last season with his bonus.

Would anyone have taken Di Zerbi when he was at Sassoulo? There are many more coaches out there just like him, I think it would be incredibly naive and stupid to believe there isn`t.

There's been positive signs for me. What cost us 6 points from Fulham and Wolves was the club's inability to bring in Beto sooner than they did.

Just getting no luck right now. DCL's freak injury, teams being very clinical against us, keepers having worldies...

While I think we'll be okay, it's clear to me that we're gonna be in the dogfight for the majority of the season now we handed everyone around us a 3 game headstart.

What I don’t understand is the sarcastic vitriol directed at Dyche critics when the only game in town that matters is points on the board and PL safety, for the good of the club. We currently have 1/12 points having played none of the more successful team in the league.

No one takes any enjoyment from being concerned or questioning his performance. No one wants to keep appointing managers who appear no better or inferior to the last one. No one thinks he has an amazing squad- we know it’s poor and some managers have had better squads than others.

We all want a successful Everton manager. While some see it as just 4 games, others look for trends over the entirety of his time here. What I think is indisputable is he needs to start getting results fairly soon for the club’s sake as well as his own.
Defence is the main issue, we conceded 57 in the league last season, we have already conceded 14% of that total already in just 4 games.... Carry on like this and we will be conceding over 70 this season..... We aren`t scoring anywhere near that figure.

There's been positive signs for me. What cost us 6 points from Fulham and Wolves was the club's inability to bring in Beto sooner than they did.

Just getting no luck right now. DCL's freak injury, teams being very clinical against us, keepers having worldies...

While I think we'll be okay, it's clear to me that we're gonna be in the dogfight for the majority of the season now we handed everyone around us a 3 game headstart.

It’s not luck.

* We will limp along with another failing manager that does not have the ability to turn this form around *

By time he gets sacked we will need another fire fighter instead of getting rid early and having a good manager create something.

Vault me...