2023/24 Sean Dyche

Damarai Gray will not be playing for Sean Dyche, if you are expecting him to come back in to the fold think again.... Has Dyche lost the dressing room, is that why we are getting these performances?

"Everton fans have always been great with me but it's so difficult to play for someone who don't show you respect as a person," Gray wrote on Instagram.

Lost the dressing room?? Ffs
Gray being a fanny and dyche has already addressed it

Well that's the thing, the next appointment whoever it is cannot be another 'PL experience' manager imo. We have done it time and time again and it has got us nowhere, we need look further afield next time. If you look about the league the most successful managers/guys who have done well are the ones who came into the league with no PL experience.
Absolutely

His positive spin on everything is doing my head in

Losing 1 nil at home to Fulham and Wolves is never something to talk up at Everton.

He's not someone who shares the opinions of our fans but fits in perfectly with the mindset of the club hierarchy.

Never ever an Everton manager
He's a realist and you can see by Pickford's post game interview that there's a positivity there. Everyone complained about Big Sam's style of play even though we were picking up plenty of points to finish 12th. Now we're playing in a way that is creating so many chances that, for want of a proper centre forward, could easily have had us on six points going into yesterday's game most can't see see the wood for the trees. Our lack of decent depth at the back concerns me but I'm pretty confident we'll score more than we concede in at least half the games left this season.

I can't help being positive about our situation, something I never really was when Lampard was in charge.

He's a realist and you can see by Pickford's post game interview that there's a positivity there. Everyone complained about Big Sam's style of play even though we were picking up plenty of points to finish 12th. Now we're playing in a way that is creating so many chances that, for want of a proper centre forward, could easily have had us on six points going into yesterday's game most can't see see the wood for the trees. Our lack of decent depth at the back concerns me but I'm pretty confident we'll score more than we concede in at least half the games left this season.

I can't help being positive about our situation, something I never really was when Lampard was in charge.
We won 8 games last year. There's absolutely no reason to think we will win half our remaining matches - that would mean 17 wins

We are terrible in defence this season and can't score. We need enormous improvements and I doubt such a limited manager like Dyche has the solutions. Time will tell.

Would it surprise you? When he finally gets sacked, and it will happen, I do wonder what will come to light after it. As useless as Lampard ended up, lots of players speak really well about him. I doubt they'll do the same for scotchy

He comes across as arrogant and disrespectful to the press and fans so I don’t know why it’s hard to imagine he does to the players as well.

Would it surprise you? When he finally gets sacked, and it will happen, I do wonder what will come to light after it. As useless as Lampard ended up, lots of players speak really well about him. I doubt they'll do the same for scotchy
I guess the question then becomes is it better to be crap under a manager the players like, or crap under a manager the players don’t like?

But personally, I see no reason to think Gray’s feelings are universally held.

I’m sure, like anyone, some will warm to Dyche’s personality and some won’t (I think I’d struggle with his occasional stag do personality, FWIW). What matters is that he has the influential players in the dressing room on-side.

Gray has never seemed especially central in terms of squad dynamics. I don’t think a fall-out between he and Dyche is catastrophic by any means.

The cracks are starting to show, let's hope Moshiri can afford to sack him and his 1980s style staff.
It’s never sat right with me that the best people he could find for his coaching team - after scouring world football - are his two housemates from when he was a young player.

Not even one of them, who you might accept could be the right guy. Both of them.

There is zero evidence to suggest he’s “lost the dressing room” other than the usual “let’s make up more negative crap about our club” crap. Every thread is derailed by negative myth becomes fact nonsense

Very unhealthy