2023/24 Sean Dyche

Would it surprise you? When he finally gets sacked, and it will happen, I do wonder what will come to light after it. As useless as Lampard ended up, lots of players speak really well about him. I doubt they'll do the same for scotchy
Don’t defend Lampard, he is a disaster and fraud of a manager. Absolutely shocking.

Damarai Gray will not be playing for Sean Dyche, if you are expecting him to come back in to the fold think again.... Has Dyche lost the dressing room, is that why we are getting these performances?

"Everton fans have always been great with me but it's so difficult to play for someone who don't show you respect as a person," Gray wrote on Instagram.

I think what he has to remember is while Dyche is his boss, when he is playing, he is playing for the club and the supporters, not Dyche.

I guess the question then becomes is it better to be crap under a manager the players like, or crap under a manager the players don’t like?

But personally, I see no reason to think Gray’s feelings are universally held.

I’m sure, like anyone, some will warm to Dyche’s personality and some won’t (I think I’d struggle with his occasional stag do personality, FWIW). What matters is that he has the influential players in the dressing room on-side.

Gray has never seemed especially central in terms of squad dynamics. I don’t think a fall-out between he and Dyche is catastrophic by any means.

Oh I don't believe the Gray thing matters it's just a little, as someone else said, crack starting to show. He's been getting more and more tetchy in the press. He's one step away from throwing the players under the bus and losing the whole dressing room IMO.

Oh I don't believe the Gray thing matters it's just a little, as someone else said, crack starting to show. He's been getting more and more tetchy in the press. He's one step away from throwing the players under the bus and losing the whole dressing room IMO.
To be honest, I’ve not really noticed much change in his pitch. Though to be fair, I have no interest in what he has to say after a defeat and therefore haven’t been listening to him much.

It’s hard to know whether he’s under real pressure or not. To be honest, I imagine not at present, as we’re basically the same level of bad we’ve been for some time with plenty of season ahead. But that could certainly ratchet up as we head through autumn.