2023/24 Sean Dyche

The owner and his right hand man Kenwright need removing, of that there is no doubt, I certainly would not have stopped protesting so the media ask all the questions and someday it will all be revealed what has gone on re Russia money etc... But that is another thread...

We are here again aren`t we though....

Will the change of owner improve results? No, transfer window is closed.

Will a change in manager improve results? Yes, new manager with actual tactics and winning mentality.

How has Howe got Guimaraes and Tonali in central midfield along with Joelinton but theyre unable to control games?

The first two are top class.

Why has he wanted Anthony Gordon when they had £50mil+ to use?

Whats going on with them?

Could last year have been a Ranieri esque season?
I doubt it very much, he's quite clearly a very good coach, that was apparent even before he went to Newcastle.

Tonali is not guaranteed to be a success in the PL, few Italians are. What he's done for Joelinton is insane, probably one of the biggest turnarounds I've ever seen, but he's not a Kovacic or a Modric in possession. Guimaraes looks like he's carrying a bit of timber to me - his form's been poor this season.

Howe's always spent money pretty dubiously, but he's already got Gordon playing better than he ever did for us.

They've also had a very tricky run of games. They'll go on a mad winning streak soon.

In short, we should've appointed him when we had the chance but most of us thought he was beneath us. A very Everton chain of events unfolded.

He's had more than enough time to "get to work on actually coaching them"
Absolutely agree, we all watched other teams in pre season, like the PL American tournament where you actually saw teams implementing patterns of play and systems whilst Everton worked on `fitness` till Premier League game 1.

If that isn`t ringing alarm balls to every supporter then I don`t know what will!

I was going to post this, he won`t get much leeway with the ambition the Saudi`s have, good manager and one I championed long ago and got absolute pelters for before he went to Newcastle.... I never get bored of being right, just like some don`t get bored of constantly being wrong.

Sean Dyche in his 22 games now has a WORSE win percentage than Benitez and Lampard, exactly the same PPG as Benitez but he wasn`t deemed not good enough, the only person with a worse win percentage is Mike Walker and he is closing in on that.

Again another manager getting a free pass from the fans who will sleep walk us to the edge of another relegation battle this season, we will stick with him for way too long and give the next guy little chance to stay clear of a relegation battle.

Dyche isn`t good enough for Premier League anymore, proved it the last seasons at Burnley when they deteriorated with his stubborn tactics whilst all other clubs were getting progressive managers, sticking with Dyche too long cost them their PL status.

Bottom line is Dyche isn`t good enough, never was and never will be, out dated manager with out dated tactics which most clubs have moved on from, I think he`ll be gone by Xmas and I hope to god we make a decent apppointment because the last 3 have been utterly woeful.

View attachment 225715

You make a lot of fair points, and I agree with you we need to tighten up defensively.

But Dyche has only just had a pre season. I think he has been more unfortunate than the previous 2, in that we have dominated chances in games and lost. I don't remember too many like that for the first.

However Benitez inherited a squad with Mina, Digne, James, Allan, Richarlison, Gordon, Iwobi, Gray in it. Like it was a lot better than the current squad. So it's a bit of an apples and pairs comparison.

The owner and his right hand man Kenwright need removing, of that there is no doubt, I certainly would not have stopped protesting so the media ask all the questions and someday it will all be revealed what has gone on re Russia money etc... But that is another thread...

We are here again aren`t we though....

Will the change of owner improve results? No, transfer window is closed.

Will a change in manager improve results? Yes, new manager with actual tactics and winning mentality.
Who's this new manager you speak of mate?

We argue that Dyche is crap for because he got Burnley relegated but Howe got Bournemouth relegated yet we think he is going to be an improvement. We think he has done a great job at Newcastle yet he will be fired from there soon for not doing a good enough job. Dyche for me is far more stable a manager than Howe. For the next couple of season until the stadium is up and running and we know where we are at and have a platform to build from, I would rather keep Dyche. There is too much uncertainty about the future and consequences of poor decisions made in the past that we are still dealing with at the moment. No manager would look good here at present. I would rather Dyche steers the ship for the time being at least
Honestly hate this statement, this is massively untrue... You are basing this off of Benitez, Lampard and Dyche?!?!?!

Perhaps you`ll look back at your comment and feel a bit silly.

Who's this new manager you speak of mate?
I think the challenge is even if we would nominate someone like a Gallardo, you just know the Board will go for PL proven again (doesn’t matter whether they proven to be sh1t) - the closest we come to appointing someone outside of that bubble was Vitor, and then there was fan resistance against that.

You make a lot of fair points, and I agree with you we need to tighten up defensively.

But Dyche has only just had a pre season. I think he has been more unfortunate than the previous 2, in that we have dominated chances in games and lost. I don't remember too many like that for the first.

However Benitez inherited a squad with Mina, Digne, James, Allan, Richarlison, Gordon, Iwobi, Gray in it. Like it was a lot better than the current squad. So it's a bit of an apples and pairs comparison.
Still had Iwobi apart from Sheff Utd and Gray is still here.

Benitez CHOSE to bin off Digne and James, how many times did Benitez play Mina and Allan?

Only difference of note is Richarlison....

It all boils down to this question, is Everton in your opinion, in the position this squad of players deserve to be? If the answer is yes Dyche is doing the job he was brought in to do, if the answer is no he is under achieving.

For me we should have been clear of relegation earlier with the squad we had, it isn`t as bad as everyone on here makes out, and we should be higher than where we are now.

YES lost points and unlucky v Fulham and Wolves but...

WHO picks the team? WHO picked Neale Maupay and Keane v Fulham with Brathwaite and Danjuma on the bench? WHO keeps picking Garner at Right Wing?

All on the manager... good managers find ways to over perform and find solutions to situations, poor to average managers set one system and just shoe horn players in to those positions, even if it doesn`t suit them like Dyche is doing at the moment.

Last edited:
I think the challenge is even if we would nominate someone like a Gallardo, you just know the Board will go for PL proven again (doesn’t matter whether they proven to be sh1t) - the closest we come to appointing someone outside of that bubble was Vitor, and then there was fan resistance against that.
Yes there was, I didn`t want Perreira but in hindsight he would have been better than Lampard... I recall a player he wanted to bring in with him from Fenerbahce called Kim Min-Jae who then went on to play for Napoli and now Bayern Munich.

Well that's the thing, the next appointment whoever it is cannot be another 'PL experience' manager imo. We have done it time and time again and it has got us nowhere, we need look further afield next time. If you look about the league the most successful managers/guys who have done well are the ones who came into the league with no PL experience.

Damarai Gray will not be playing for Sean Dyche, if you are expecting him to come back in to the fold think again.... Has Dyche lost the dressing room, is that why we are getting these performances?

"Everton fans have always been great with me but it's so difficult to play for someone who don't show you respect as a person," Gray wrote on Instagram.

He gets the time to come into a struggling team threatened with relegation and steer us clear just like Frank did. But then you have to push on.
In my honest opinion, this team should be playing better than what its showing. I don't see how teams like Forest, Bournemouth and Palace should be doing better than us with their squads.
Forest and Bournemouth have good squads tbh

We argue that Dyche is crap for because he got Burnley relegated but Howe got Bournemouth relegated yet we think he is going to be an improvement. We think he has done a great job at Newcastle yet he will be fired from there soon for not doing a good enough job. Dyche for me is far more stable a manager than Howe. For the next couple of season until the stadium is up and running and we know where we are at and have a platform to build from, I would rather keep Dyche. There is too much uncertainty about the future and consequences of poor decisions made in the past that we are still dealing with at the moment. No manager would look good here at present. I would rather Dyche steers the ship for the time being at least
Dyche plays plays historic football which is going to catch you sooner or later. Can Beto hold the ball up? If not he is going to get frustrated