2023/24 Sean Dyche

This thread is going to be a study in yo-yo emotions after Saturday's 4-0 reverse at Tottenham and the disappointing 0-3 home defeat to Manchester City next week.

Well, we need to remember what everybody was hoping for before the start of the season. Nearly every single blue I've spoken to said they'd be made up if we could avoid going into the last few games with relegation still a possibility.

I’m not looking forward to the next two games and fear the worst but Dyche has credit in the bank and then some with me

Injuries and fatigue aren’t unexpected with the squad size we have and the way he has us working but nobody would complain with what 8 wins out of 14 in the league even if we lose the next two. Real shame we started the season without a settled striker

This thread is going to be a study in yo-yo emotions after Saturday's 4-0 reverse at Tottenham and the disappointing 0-3 home defeat to Manchester City next week.
Will be an interesting mix of level headedness, individual opportunism and outright panic.

I'm glad we managed to put points on the board, not that we should be fearing Spurs who seems to have become an 'elite' club via a media presence rather than winning anything.

Well, we need to remember what everybody was hoping for before the start of the season. Nearly every single blue I've spoken to said they'd be made up if we could avoid going into the last few games with relegation still a possibility.
That’s our problem though, isn’t it? We say we’d be happy with mid-table mediocrity after the mess of the last few seasons/managers, but the moment things look a little bit more positive we’re not happy unless we get Champions League footie, a cup and a return to Kendall’s 80s team in style. We’ve still got Keane as our main CB back up FFS.

And those people are rational. I, too, share that. My tongue-in-cheek post above is simply a reference to the mercurial posters on here who will assail the manager when we hit the inevitable wall against two much better sides than us over the coming days.

And those people are rational. I, too, share that. My tongue-in-cheek post above is simply a reference to the mercurial posters on here who will assail the manager when we hit the inevitable wall against two much better sides than us over the coming days.

Yeah, I understood where you were coming from ;)

Not a lot he can do about that, is there? Apart from buying new players, obvs.
Well yes but danjuma offers something different as does dobbin. Harrison,
McNeil and doucoure are all workman like. And doucoure has done well from a scoring point of view. I think Harrison and McNeil haven’t offered much from an attacking point of view and are lucky to start every game.

And like I keep saying and it’s view I don’t think i will change under dyche, as he will always go for hard work over talent.

That’s our problem though, isn’t it? We say we’d be happy with mid-table mediocrity after the mess of the last few seasons/managers, but the moment things look a little bit more positive we’re not happy unless we get Champions League footie, a cup and a return to Kendall’s 80s team in style. We’ve still got Keane as our main CB back up FFS.
I think it’s because it’s not a great league, you see Brighton and West Ham comfortably mid/top half. Look what Villa have done with a great manager and a few good signings. We should always want better and this squad shouldn’t be fighting relegation

Well yes but danjuma offers something different as does dobbin. Harrison,
McNeil and doucoure are all workman like. And doucoure has done well from a scoring point of view. I think Harrison and McNeil haven’t offered much from an attacking point of view and are lucky to start every game.

And like I keep saying and it’s view I don’t think i will change under dyche, as he will always go for hard work over talent.
It’s about the team. Harrison and McNeil are pivotal to the hard press we are successfully playing. This style of play whilst not attacking is creating opportunities all over the shop.

I am seeing Dyche in a different light from the dinosaur, hard work is all, manager I thought he was

I think it’s because it’s not a great league, you see Brighton and West Ham comfortably mid/top half. Look what Villa have done with a great manager and a few good signings. We should always want better and this squad shouldn’t be fighting relegation
WIth respect - Villa aren't a basket case off the field which you guys were/are.

Can't be understated how good of a job Dyche is doing so far.

WIth respect - Villa aren't a basket case off the field which you guys were/are.

Can't be understated how good of a job Dyche is doing so far.
Especially the way the club has been run and the small threadbare squad he has been left with to try and keep us up, he has done very well, up to now, better than many of us expected him to do and the ten points deduction certainly hasn’t helped him or us.