2023/24 Sean Dyche

The one thing that miffed me was that Dyche has been saying he prefers two up top but the form of Doucoure has made it i possible to drop him. So with him being out I was hoping to see Dom and Beto start together.
Has he actually said that though?

He’s been asked the question about playing Dom & Beto together & we know he generally set up Burnley in a 442 with the players he had, but he’s not said anything other than it’s a possible option.

Im pretty sure the 3 CB's & 2 wingback system we used against Burnley were an alternative to the flat back four previously used in most games this season. Wrong again.
Even plan A is tailored to the opposition while having the same basic principles like fast direct transitions to break the lines which suit our players.

Opinion really is the medium between ignorance & knowledge.

Im pretty sure the 3 CB's & 2 wingback system we used against Burnley were an alternative to the flat back four previously used in most games this season. Wrong again.

Codswallop. But if you're going to take your footy analysis that deep to the headline formation set up then I'll leave it thanks. The basis of his attacking strategy is always the same. Defenders are too rigid and if our ball playing mid is off his game in any way we are screwed. The bloke is a dinosaur and I'd say this same if he was any nationality. Seems a really decent bloke but no footballing guru

Codswallop. But if you're going to take your footy analysis that deep to the headline formation set up then I'll leave it thanks. The basis of his attacking strategy is always the same. Defenders are too rigid and if our ball playing mid is off his game in any way we are screwed. The bloke is a dinosaur and I'd say this same if he was any nationality. Seems a really decent bloke but no footballing guru
What would you differently with the player resources that we have?

He has several gameplans, just only sticks to 1 and changes only if we're getting smashed or if it's too late so he can say "we've tried" in the presser afterwards.

That said, Charlie is a knobhead so I agree with you that he's wrong.

His tactics aren’t the most important thing right now. His man-management is what’s making the difference. He’s getting a tune out of players that previous managers (and fans) had written off. While we’re stuck in this mismanaged nightmare off FFP, Moshiri’s ineptitude and a poundland squad on Harrod’s wages, he’s exactly what we need. Not for ever but right now.

The next step for him and the team is finding a way when we concede. There were signs of that against Fulham, we weren't playing well and they were doing everything to disrupt us building any momentum after they scored, but we still got an equaliser. Dyche's record when we take the lead speaks for itself, but I think I'm right in saying that when we've conceded first there's only been a handful of games I can think were we've got a result. Off the top of my head I can only think of Spurs and Wolves draws in the league last season, and Doncaster away in the 2nd round this season.

The next step for him and the team is finding a way when we concede. There were signs of that against Fulham, we weren't playing well and they were doing everything to disrupt us building any momentum after they scored, but we still got an equaliser. Dyche's record when we take the lead speaks for itself, but I think I'm right in saying that when we've conceded first there's only been a handful of games I can think were we've got a result. Off the top of my head I can only think of Spurs and Wolves draws in the league last season, and Doncaster away in the 2nd round this season.
Chelsea away draw as well from memory but yes, I agree with your comments