2023/24 Sean Dyche

The whole approach to pre season was just odd for me, it didn't seem enough was all a bit relaxed and in the first 2 games so far we have looked a yard or two short.
Other teams were in mini tournaments with fellow PL sides. Win or lose their managers and DoFs would have learned things.

We had a load of away matches against inferior opposition to presumably avoid any damaging defeats but probably trying to learn how to treat away matches the same as home. Didn’t really perform in any of them though, and the first sight of a team with their tails up, half of them just looked around at each other shocked that it was happening again.

But we won’t, we will give him until mid jan, hire a new manager on the final day of the transfer window, and hope they save us. But it will likely be too late then. We played with fire last season and it very nearly burnt us. The board is the same board under different names. Full of Moshiri yes men. Nothing has changed.

He was poor last season with his tactics and subs for large parts. That hasn’t changed by the looks of it.
tbf i thought his second half sub of dobbin was decisive and looking good until his pet keane away that horrendous third goal

This comparing his win % against other managers.

What do you honestly expect with the absolute rabble he has inherited and the mess the club is in at board level, meaning he hasn’t even got the ammunition to go out and improve the first XI and make us competitive?

It’s a futile debate. Changing the manager again is just putting another plaster over a deep and wide wound.

I get the point that he did not help himself yesterday in his team selection.

Line in the sand moment for me now. If he continues to play Keane after yesterday, instead of giving a try to a player he was waxing lyrical about last week, then the end result is only going to be one thing.

He now has a chance to bring in Branthwaite and Danjuma and try and freshen things up.

Try Garner and Onana in the CM, as Gana looks completely finished. We also need a new RB or unbelievably Coleman back, as he’s a much safer bet than Patterson still.

We need new players though, that’s the whole crux of the problem. Fresh faces with a bit of energy to come into the team now, not in 6 weeks.

If he does the same again next week then I’m afraid there is no hope for him.

I would just like to chip in if Gomes was dispossessed as easy as Ghana Gueye yesterday he would have received dogs abuse on here. I actually thought the midfield did well last week but it was awful yesterday. I beat Keane with a stick yesterday but I would say there was only Danjuma, Garner and possibly Dobbin and Maupay that deserved any semblance of credit. DCL was very unfortunate with his injury so I would excuse him. But the rest of the team folded at 2-0. That is poor mentality, scar tissue whatever you call it. Dyche should have been braver and had a look at Branthwaite sooner. We are in a situation now where Branthwaite is potentially coming into a must win game which isn’t ideal for the lad. Dyche should have certainly seen enough now to know he can’t trust Keane. He needs a fresh start with a new club as his stock is so low with the fanbase.

I would just like to chip in if Gomes was dispossessed as easy as Ghana Gueye yesterday he would have received dogs abuse on here. I actually thought the midfield did well last week but it was awful yesterday. I beat Keane with a stick yesterday but I would say there was only Danjuma, Garner and possibly Dobbin and Maupay that deserved any semblance of credit. DCL was very unfortunate with his injury so I would excuse him. But the rest of the team folded at 2-0. That is poor mentality, scar tissue whatever you call it. Dyche should have been braver and had a look at Branthwaite sooner. We are in a situation now where Branthwaite is potentially coming into a must win game which isn’t ideal for the lad. Dyche should have certainly seen enough now to know he can’t trust Keane. He needs a fresh start with a new club as his stock is so low with the fanbase.
It's been happening for more seasons than I care to remember.

Weak mentality, and more often than not it happens when Keane is at CB...

Not sure if I am being overly critical of him, but whenever I remember us falling apart (home and away) he is in the team.

Last seasons lessons have not been learned. Last season Dyche dropped Keane after a series of errors, and Maupay for failing to score goals... This season both players have had games when we have other options. No surprise that Keane has continued to make errors and Maupay extends his non scoring run to 29 games.