2023/24 Sean Dyche

I understand managers having their favourites, but it only works when you stick by players who consistently come good. The likes of Keane are Doucoure have done very little to earn that right. The latter especially has been so poor since Dyche arrived that I think even he would be grateful to be on the bench again.

In my opinion;

- He shouldn't be starting Keane ahead of Branthwaite.
- What is Onana's role in the team? Whatever it is, it's not working and I'm inclined to think it's on Dyche because I can't for the life of me work out what role he has.
- Garner should be centre mid.
- Doucoure isn't a number 10, just pack that in.

I also find it baffling how often he says players are still getting fit and sharp - the other day he was saying it of Branthwaite - the lad was playing vs Stoke in pre-season a month ago.

Clueless manager. He’ll be gone by Xmas. We’ll be firmly rooted in the bottom 2 by then.
If he does, we gotta get Phil Neville in.
Set up England women, for someone else to come in win sommat and be decent, then goes to Miami and sets them up for the next person to come and win sommat and be decent.

Phil's our man. 🤔🤯🤣

I wasn't happy with this appointment at all, however, I did think that he would at least bring organisation, fitness and 100% effort. Those were all the quintessential ingredients of a Sean Dyche team. On that basis I was happy to give him the benefit of the doubt as I thought he would keep us ticking over until Bramley Moore, and Moshiri s inevitable sale of the club, at which time we could re-boot, still as a premier league team.

With hindsight, I don't believe that will happen, the defence is even more shambolic than it was under Benitez and Lampard and his insistence on playing his teachers pet week after week smacks of stubbornness. It also appears that nobody is sure what their role is and as far as 100% effort goes, they didn't look remotely interested for the most part yesterday.

What the solution is, God alone knows, even if we could persuade a decent coach to come here, we just don't currently have the resources to back him. I guess it's either line someone up in the next 2 days, bring him in, sell Onana and Gray and give the new man the money to spend before September, or cross our fingers that Dyche keeps us up. So I guess on the good ship Everton, that means waste the few bob we have on Evans and bury our heads in the sand.

In my opinion;

- He shouldn't be starting Keane ahead of Branthwaite.
- What is Onana's role in the team? Whatever it is, it's not working and I'm inclined to think it's on Dyche because I can't for the life of me work out what role he has.
- Garner should be centre mid.
- Doucoure isn't a number 10, just pack that in.

I also find it baffling how often he says players are still getting fit and sharp - the other day he was saying it of Branthwaite - the lad was playing vs Stoke in pre-season a month ago.
i'd argue it doesn't matter who we play and where, we are going to lose way more than we win. Its beyond the players, its now in the culture of Everton. Its a myth in my view Dyche gets the best out of his players. if that were true there would be a different team out there 'fighting' for their lives. SD's record as a manager is average at best. We have less than average players in my view, so stands to reason we will be a crock of poo with SD as manager.

We are back to square pegs and round holes with players... i don't think he knows where to play players and who to play to get the best out of what we have.

But more criminal is he hasn't got them fighting, that is the very least we should be expecting.

Luca Digne was excellent yesterday – the number of quality crosses into the box was seriously impressive. But imagine him playing in a team managed by Dyche? Fullbacks rarely allowed to advance up the pitch. Overlapping full-back? - not in Dyche's vocabulary. His tactics are frighteningly predictable and unimaginative – sit deep, try to win the ball back in defensive positions particularly when the ball is played into our box. Once in possession play it directly up the pitch at pace. None of this nonsense about retaining possession, progressing up the pitch with the ball under control and trying to draw out the opposition from their defensive setup to create chances. It would appear dinosaurs are not entirely extinct after all. We are the laughing stock of football.

For what it’s worth I can understand all the decisions he’s made so far. Including playing Maupay & Keane but now it’s time. Enough chances have been given. Both have shown what they are.

We’ve no confidence. We’re a team waiting for something to go wrong.

Midfield just didn’t work against Villa. Gana & Doucs both in poor form. Even with Iwobi out dropping one of them & moving Garner centrally has got to be being considered for Wolves.

It's interesting that the narrative around Dyche from his supporters on here has changed. When he first arrived, those of us with reservations about his style were told that he only played that way because of the squad he had at Burnley. Here at Everton, with our "better" players he would be far more expansive. Now, that has all been flipped by the exact same supporters of Dyche to state that he can't possibly do anything with this squad of players as they are so terrible. He is always innocent of the dirge being served up. There is no such thing as Dycheball, he is simply, and repeatedly, a victim of circumstance.

I continue to hold the opinion I have always had with Dyche, that he's a limited manager with a preferred playing style that is no longer suitable for a top flight team.

For what it’s worth I can understand all the decisions he’s made so far. Including playing Maupay & Keane but now it’s time. Enough chances have been given. Both have shown what they are.

We’ve no confidence. We’re a team waiting for something to go wrong.

Midfield just didn’t work against Villa. Gana & Doucs both in poor form. Even with Iwobi out dropping one of them & moving Garner centrally has got to be being considered for Wolves.
Great. At least someone does. Can you explain it to the rest of us please because, for me at least, it seems like the actions of a madman. Why Keane and Maupay instead of Branthwaite (who played in the champions league last year) and Gray (who played ahead of Maupay under Dyche last season)?

It's interesting that the narrative around Dyche from his supporters on here has changed. When he first arrived, those of us with reservations about his style were told that he only played that way because of the squad he had at Burnley. Here at Everton, with our "better" players he would be far more expansive. Now, that has all been flipped by the exact same supporters of Dyche to state that he can't possibly do anything with this squad of players as they are so terrible. He is always innocent of the dirge being served up. There is no such thing as Dycheball, he is simply, and repeatedly, a victim of circumstance.

I continue to hold the opinion I have always had with Dyche, that he's a limited manager with a preferred playing style that is no longer suitable for a top flight team.
His time at Burnley has been massively overstated by the masses. I have no idea what people watched when he was at Burnely but it was clearly a different team to me

Oh I forgot, he got them into Europe once by scoring 36 goals

My belief is that we have more problems in midfield still than anywhere else.
We certainly have enough bodies there in Gana, Onana , Doucoure , Garner and Iwobi but there seems to be no cohesion or plan to how they play.

There is no protection offered to the back four as far as I can see, we are played through far too easily and at the same time there is no plan either or creativity to our forward play.

It is almost as if the plan is to fit every fit midfielder into the team. Gana I think is supposed to be our defensive shield and probably Onana as well, Doucoure our attacking midfielder and Garner shoved into a position out wide just to get him into the team. Iwobi runs around a lot but creates very little and has an annoying habit of losing possession which costs us goals too often.

We all criticise Maupay but he has had absolutely no chance as a forward because we never create anything for even.
Yesterday the plan clearly was to get the ball into the box for DCL to get his head on it.
I don't remember one clever pass which takes out a couple of defenders and opens up space to create a chance. Even the crosses that did come in were poor usually.

Branthwaite deserves a chance, Danjuma needs to start, get two in central midfield to operate as a unit and if Gnonto does come maybe he can be used for something more than throwing crosses into the penalty area.

His time at Burnley has been massively overstated by the masses. I have no idea what people watched when he was at Burnely but it was clearly a different team to me

Oh I forgot, he got them into Europe once by scoring 36 goals
He's averaged approximately 1 goal per game over his managerial career. If you look at his top flight record, it is less than 1 goal per game. Why he is so revered by some on here is beyond me. How he is on the salary he is on is beyond me. After Burnley, nobody (except us, obviously) would touch him with a barge pole. He's a modern day Joe Kinnear.