2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think most of the complaints about Dyche’s personality are driven by the fact he clearly hates press conferences and all that side of things.
I think he puts on this almost David Brent persona using buzz phrases and stuff to get through that part of his job but I bet one to one he’s a top geezer. So far we’ve had one person fall out with him in Gray who also seemed to fall out with every club he’s been at so it doesn’t sound like a Dyche problem.

Given that Dyche demands more hard work but still gets buy in and performances out of the team he must be doing something right behind the scenes.

I think most of the complaints about Dyche’s personality are driven by the fact he clearly hates press conferences and all that side of things.
I think he puts on this almost David Brent persona using buzz phrases and stuff to get through that part of his job but I bet one to one he’s a top geezer. So far we’ve had one person fall out with him in Gray who also seemed to fall out with every club he’s been at so it doesn’t sound like a Dyche problem.

Given that Dyche demands more hard work but still gets buy in and performances out of the team he must be doing something right behind the scenes.
I am the opposite. As a football manager he probably gives simple instructions that the team can follow, demands high work rate, and will probably make us a difficult-to-beat side, and possibly get us to a top half side over the next couple of seasons.
As for him being a top geezer? I reckon he is the bloke in the pub who talks about immigration, calls everything woke, and then goes home to watch GB News.

Depends if you think thats a top geezer.

I am the opposite. As a football manager he probably gives simple instructions that the team can follow, demands high work rate, and will probably make us a difficult-to-beat side, and possibly get us to a top half side over the next couple of seasons.
As for him being a top geezer? I reckon he is the bloke in the pub who talks about immigration, calls everything woke, and then goes home to watch GB News.

Depends if you think thats a top geezer.
Out of interest, why do you think that (and no I totally don’t think that’s a top geezer).

I think because he managed Burnley and has a voice like he’s been drinking gravel there’s an assumption he’s brexit and racism but I’m not sure he gets buy in from our multicultural team if that’s the case, especially having people like Doucoure coming out saying he’s playing his best football under Dyche and giving credit to him for that, given that he played under Ancelotti!

Out of interest, why do you think that (and no I totally don’t think that’s a top geezer).

I think because he managed Burnley and has a voice like he’s been drinking gravel there’s an assumption he’s brexit and racism but I’m not sure he gets buy in from our multicultural team if that’s the case, especially having people like Doucoure coming out saying he’s playing his best football under Dyche and giving credit to him for that, given that he played under Ancelotti!
Doucoure is a simple player and Dyche plays simple football so I'm not surprised he is happy at the moment, it's not that long ago he sat on a ball refusing to warm up with the rest of the team.

I think Dyche is a very intelligent man who speaks very well and has very clear ideas about management and football.
It just so happens he looks like a thug and he has a voice like sandpaper.

I can't say that I notice any unhappiness in the squad and even when results were poor I think the players are onside with the manager. He seems to be a good man manager but if your face doesn't fit then you are out and quickly... however that is a trait shared by every top flight manager.

He has been terribly unlucky with injuries and an almost complete lack of transfer budget.

If this season he can keep us well safe from the threat of relegation then I think he has done well.

Doucoure is a simple player and Dyche plays simple football so I'm not surprised he is happy at the moment, it's not that long ago he sat on a ball refusing to warm up with the rest of the team.
Well exactly. It’s being alluded to that Dyche is a scummy racist and we know Doucoure is someone who needs to be loved or he’ll openly revolt so my point is how can Dyche be that way if the squad appear happy and together?

What's wrong about his personality. He always comes across as quite affable, balanced and reasonable. There are a lot of people in the game who talk about him as being a genuinely good person who looks to help his players as people rather than an egomaniac who throws everyone under the bus when the pressure is on.

Is it genuinely his personality you dislike or the cliched portrayal and gruff voice?
For me , he comes across as a patronising know all but as I've said in another reply I've never met him and happy to accept the view of those that have.

Well exactly. It’s being alluded to that Dyche is a scummy racist and we know Doucoure is someone who needs to be loved or he’ll openly revolt so my point is how can Dyche be that way if the squad appear happy and together?
I don't know anything about that but I have seen a bit of that vid of him playing golf with that chunkz blert and he does come across as slightly annoying in it. Also during the latter part of the Donny game it was obvious the players took it upon themselves to win the game and they were ignoring his touchline instructions as he was dancing about ala Klopp. I think we have a fairly good group anyway but I'm not 100% convinced they are fully behind Dyche, we will see, need a few more performances like the other day and can hopefully build on them.

I don't know anything about that but I have seen a bit of that vid of him playing golf with that chunkz blert and he does come across as slightly annoying in it. Also during the latter part of the Donny game it was obvious the players took it upon themselves to win the game and they were ignoring his touchline instructions as he was dancing about ala Klopp. I think we have a fairly good group anyway but I'm not 100% convinced they are fully behind Dyche, we will see, need a few more performances like the other day and can hopefully build on them.

Maybe you are right that the players were giving basically 2 fingers to his instructions,. Me, I remain unconvinced that Dyche is the manager for us.

Maybe you are right that the players were giving basically 2 fingers to his instructions,. Me, I remain unconvinced that Dyche is the manager for us.
I agree 100% with this tbh, I don't think he is either. He will pick up odd results like the other day but by and large I don't see him building anything or creating an identity, he just doesn't have the skillset required imo.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.