2023/24 Sean Dyche

He started the first 2 games of last season and did not start again until Dyche came. Apparently he said lampard had something personal against him. So far this season he has 1 goal and 1 assist. We have scored 4 goals in 6 games. He has been involved in 50% of our goals. Many worse performers like gueye and onana. Are you related to lampard?
Just ignoring his injury as well then to suit your agenda? He got injured, we then went on a 6 game unbeaten run when he wasn’t starting/in the squad. Lampard found players he liked (Iwobi centrally for one).

He then kicked off and sulked because he couldn’t get back in the team and he downed tools and made a show of himself (Man City game).

Lampard was crap at that point and his tactics were crap. But when called upon, players should give 100% for the fans.

Not sure how me saying players should give 100% as they are playing for the fans means I’m related to Lampard. Really odd angle to take with it.

Just ignoring his injury as well then to suit your agenda? He got injured, we then went on a 6 game unbeaten run when he wasn’t starting/in the squad. Lampard found players he liked (Iwobi centrally for one).

He then kicked off and sulked because he couldn’t get back in the team and he downed tools and made a show of himself (Man City game).

Lampard was crap at that point and his tactics were crap. But when called upon, players should give 100% for the fans.

Not sure how me saying players should give 100% as they are playing for the fans means I’m related to Lampard. Really odd angle to take with it.
You are singling out the player who kept us up last season. How can he give 100% when he is not being selected and when there is a problem between player and manager? Yes he is not without fault in all that went on and should have been a professional but who knows what transpired between lampard and doucore. Bottom line is when Dyche called him back in he was instrumental in our survival so give the man some credit

You are singling out the player who kept us up last season. How can he give 100% when he is not being selected and when there is a problem between player and manager? Yes he is not without fault in all that went on and should have been a professional but who knows what transpired between lampard and doucore. Bottom line is when Dyche called him back in he was instrumental in our survival so give the man some credit
Because this conversation has been all about him. That’s why. Other players were also crap and I’ve been critical of as well. But not in this conversation which was specifically about him.

He was a part of keeping us up, as were the rest of the squad. He was also a part in nearly sending us down. As were the rest of the squad. None of them deserve any positive credit for the travesty of the last 2 seasons.

Anyway, back to Dyche, who is leading us to another travesty of a season.

I don’t know why he plays the system he does, the fact he does means Doucoure is the only one of the midfield three that can play that far forward and press. I would definitely give Garner a game over Onana, he couldn’t do much worse. The system Dyche plays doesn’t seem to allow us to change midfielders and positions.
For me Garner must start tomorrow, Doucoure or Onana to make way, but I reckon Dyche could play Garner at RB over Young.

Surely tomorrow Everton won't get soused on short corners, corners to the edge of the box, the inside reverse pass into the box, and their own lazy back pass to Pickford, without looking.

Hopefully Everton, will shoot from outside the box, but please put some effort in and play for the shirt.

UTFTs!

He won’t be going anywhere soon. He’s a result of where we are as a club…said it himself that he would have never been anywhere near us if we weren’t in a mess.

Somehow have to grind this season out and survive then - as we hopefully move out of this financial mess into the stadium…still in the premier league…,we have to move on from him and have a long term plan put in place.

Dyche is gash ... but so are we, players, owners and board. So who else would come here?

The only good thing about this club is the fans.

Deffo not the pies ... they are gash as well
Players appear gash because of the manager, put a manager in place that wants to play actual football and have some possession winning the ball higher up the pitch rather than give up possession on purpose and sit in to counter attack.

To move forward in this day and age you need to have the ability to keep possession and press affectively, if our tactic is what we saw against Arsenal most PL teams will do the same, that sort of tactical style is so far out dated.

For me Dyche needs binning and start talking to managers like Galtier and Gallardo, there are plenty other quality coaches out there as well, try and convince them this takeover is the big reset button. Coaches like Dyche, Allardyce and Benitez have had their day and unless they change or evolve they will continue to be unsuccessful, all of which are stubborn so they will not change.

Players appear gash because of the manager, put a manager in place that wants to play actual football and have some possession winning the ball higher up the pitch rather than give up possession on purpose and sit in to counter attack.

To move forward in this day and age you need to have the ability to keep possession and press affectively, if our tactic is what we saw against Arsenal most PL teams will do the same, that sort of tactical style is so far out dated.

For me Dyche needs binning and start talking to managers like Galtier and Gallardo, there are plenty other quality coaches out there as well, try and convince them this takeover is the big reset button. Coaches like Dyche, Allardyce and Benitez have had their day and unless they change or evolve they will continue to be unsuccessful, all of which are stubborn so they will not change.
As a former advocate of Gallardo I think that our chance of attracting him at the moment is slight at best .
But I would like to go for a young up an coming manager like Schumacher or similar,
I am sure there are many talented young managers who take a chance with us.
But we would have to break the habit of a generation and be brave.
( I would still ask Gallardo like , you don’t ask you don’t get after all )

Hate it though when managers..he, lampard, benitez etc. Bat off criticism by stating this is what the state of the team was when they got here, and not to expect much else.

I see it as this...todays game...if the team don't show 100% commitment to the cause, a hunger to win 50/50's and show an all round desire (after the arsenal game), then that will back up my thoughts at the moment, that the team don't want him. They don't believe in him or his methods and want him out. And we all know its the beginning of the end when the team start downing tools.

As a former advocate of Gallardo I think that our chance of attracting him at the moment is slight at best .
But I would like to go for a young up an coming manager like Schumacher or similar,
I am sure there are many talented young managers who take a chance with us.
But we would have to break the habit of a generation and be brave.
( I would still ask Gallardo like , you don’t ask you don’t get after all )
I agree with your post, Schumacher is a good shout although I think it may be a bit too early to judge until he has had at least 1 Championship season, nevertheless the job he has done at Plymouth is remarkable...

My issue would be the players, I think we need a bigger name to get them in line, Carlo is probably the last one to get the performances out of an Everton side. I`m not sure if Dyche has the dressing room.

I agree with your post, Schumacher is a good shout although I think it may be a bit too early to judge until he has had at least 1 Championship season, nevertheless the job he has done at Plymouth is remarkable...

My issue would be the players, I think we need a bigger name to get them in line, Carlo is probably the last one to get the performances out of an Everton side. I`m not sure if Dyche has the dressing room.
I understand that
But I think we’ve reached the point where we need to take a chance on a younger manager , poo or bust time basically.
I mean we've now tried the relegation battler who can work with any level of players only to find out he can’t that he can’t work with any level of player.

I understand that
But I think we’ve reached the point where we need to take a chance on a younger manager , poo or bust time basically.
I mean we've now tried the relegation battler who can work with any level of players only to find out he can’t that he can’t work with any level of player.
I am agreeing with you...

Regarding relegation battler, I`ve never really understood this, why did we need an Allardyce or a Dyche type at this time, surely it is just about getting results which any talented coach or manager can.

Hate it though when managers..he, lampard, benitez etc. Bat off criticism by stating this is what the state of the team was when they got here, and not to expect much else.

I see it as this...todays game...if the team don't show 100% commitment to the cause, a hunger to win 50/50's and show an all round desire (after the arsenal game), then that will back up my thoughts at the moment, that the team don't want him. They don't believe in him or his methods and want him out. And we all know its the beginning of the end when the team start downing tools.

This does my head in as well. Yes correct, this was what it was like before you got here, and that’s why the last manager was sacked. Do better.