2023/24 Sean Dyche

It's a combination of manager and players, that's my exact point. Nobody can argue that Sean Dyche hasn't got more out of these players than Lampard, he definitely has. The way he's done it isn't to everyone's taste, it's certainly not to mine, but it's been effective. But it's not "despite" the players, which is a narrative that has deep roots on this forum. You, yourself, are running that game in this post, that you're trying to use to present yourself as a moderate on the subject, by stating that nobody other than Sheffield United, Burnley or Luton would take DCL. That's complete and utter nonsense, he may well leave this summer and if he does it won't be to a club of that order. We're a much better side when he plays and in a team that creates more in the final third he will score more goals. He's not a prolific player, and never will be, but he's a forward who stretches a back line, creates space and opportunities for other players and is dominant in the air. It's not his fault that the next nearest player to him is 30 yards away and is Dyche-favourite Doucoure. Lots of clubs would want that as an option. But that doesn't fit the "poor Sean" narrative, so he's just "rubbish" only good enough for the bottom three. It's poppycock.
We just finished 12th and people still trying to make out nearly all our players are crap to make Dyche be the best manager in the world. He has done a good job, but that’s also on the players for having that ability.

1 point off being top 10, but apparently only 3 of our players would be wanted by anyone else. It’s ridiculous and not ‘moderate’ at all.

It's a combination of manager and players, that's my exact point. Nobody can argue that Sean Dyche hasn't got more out of these players than Lampard, he definitely has. The way he's done it isn't to everyone's taste, it's certainly not to mine, but it's been effective. But it's not "despite" the players, which is a narrative that has deep roots on this forum. You, yourself, are running that game in this post, that you're trying to use to present yourself as a moderate on the subject, by stating that nobody other than Sheffield United, Burnley or Luton would take DCL. That's complete and utter nonsense, he may well leave this summer and if he does it won't be to a club of that order. We're a much better side when he plays and in a team that creates more in the final third he will score more goals. He's not a prolific player, and never will be, but he's a forward who stretches a back line, creates space and opportunities for other players and is dominant in the air. It's not his fault that the next nearest player to him is 30 yards away and is Dyche-favourite Doucoure. Lots of clubs would want that as an option. But that doesn't fit the "poor Sean" narrative, so he's just "rubbish" only good enough for the bottom three. It's poppycock.

Would Bournemouth swap Solanke for him? No

Would Brentford swap Toney? No

Would Fulham swap Jimenez Muniz or Broja? No

Would Brighton swap Ferguson? No

Would Palace swap Mateta? Debatable

He’s a player who’s regularly injured, takes ages to get back to full fitness, and has a tendency to miss absolute sitters. I like him as much as the next fan but you’re kidding yourself if you think any other teams in the prem are falling over themselves to start him over what they’ve got already. Newcastle might get him to be 3rd choice. He’s our best attacker as well, the other two aren’t even in any conversation (which was may main point you tried to deflect from)

He’s a player who’s regularly injured, takes ages to get back to full fitness, and has a tendency to miss absolute sitters. I like him as much as the next fan but you’re kidding yourself if you think any other teams in the prem are falling over themselves to start him over what they’ve got already. Newcastle might get him to be 3rd choice. He’s our best attacker as well, the other two aren’t even in any conversation (which was may main point you tried to deflect from)
Broja 🤣🤣🤣🤣 and
Cameron archer is better than DCL apparently, another load of nonsense I read on here 2 months ago
Maybe we sell DCL, Onana, Branthwaite. And play Beto every week,
Bring back Harrison and replace Onana and Branthwaite, with Brownhill and Keane and then we may find out if dyche is a great mananger

Dyche must be watching Kompany off to Bayern, McKenna off to Man U or Chelsea and thinking Real Madrid here I come 🤔

Dinosaurs are extinct.

Being serious though, as noted in this thread all season, modern fans are more interested in style rather than substance. Losing games the right way rather than winning games the wrong way.

I doubt Kompany has left a lasting legacy at Burnley compared to what Dyche did. Yet one has a big European job now...the other is derided by his own fanbase.

If given the choice between Kompany, McKenna and Dyche as we are now...there will be a lot in the other camps

I think a lot of that is debatable. DCL is a good player. Seldom gets credit he deserves. Wasn’t his last injury quite bad?

Manager tactics don’t help his goalscoring. Neither does the players we have bought to play around him, since he came.

There’s arguments to swap him for all
Of the above, maybe Ferguson and Toney, Ferguson hasn’t done much that I recall the last 6 months, and Toney has been bobbins since he came back.