2023/24 Sean Dyche

Ugh, im sick of reading about how bad the squad is.

The squad on the main is awful, but our first 11, which Dyche had for the majority of the season really isnt bad.

Our defence was 4th best in the league, which of course the manager takes credit for, but so do the players.
We have Pickford, tarks, branthwaite and Dcl which are likely to interest top 8 sides.
Add onana to that. But not for his consistent performances for us.
If we sold anyone else they would be to other struggling sides.

I think people are merely comparing the jobs they did, at the same club, albeit under slightly different circumstances, mate.

I don't think anyone is comparing Burnleh's European galacticos, with Carlo's multiple European cup winners, tbf.
Carlo managed to get us 28 points from his first 20 games (spending no money) to get us to end on more points than Dyche managed this season. (Not that Dyche hasn’t done a good job in that mind)

An immediate improvement from 1.05 ppg to 1.4 ppg while starting players like Holgate, Keane, delph and Davies.

People really underestimate the improvement under him from the moment he took over.

Last edited:

Carlos had us top of the league as late as march, then we fell away at the end.

At least be accurate
Errr never happened. We were top at the start. It was a good time. It great have an all time legend managing the club, but he wasn’t committed to “the project.”
The form the second half of the season was no better than Dyches this season.
I’m not comparing their careers, but you can definitely compare the job have done at everton