2023/24 Sean Dyche

The style we're playing under Dyche is nothing like when we had fat Sam IMO. Under Sam we went 2 consecutive games without a shot at goal, and plenty of games with hardly any shots. Under Dyche we're regularly having more shots than the opposition, just not converting them.

But it’s still an “ every man back” defensive style though and we are not scoring enough goals to keep us in the league imo

We definitely should have more possession at times, but we lack of quality, we don't have a lot of technically gifted players in the squad as you said that can pass the ball or even someone like Ward Prowse and Maddison, we cannot afford them atm. I like possession, when you create something with it, but not when you play like Brighton in that game they just passed to each other and didn't create and even fewer shots and touches in the box despite 80% possession.

I understand but the only way you can play the way we do , with such low possession and be a decent team. Is if you have a clinical striker that makes the most of the chances , like vardy was for Leicester.

I don’t know what the answer is but we are not looking like we are going to stay up if we continue to struggle with the ball as we are at the moment

Just watched the latest presser.

I can honestly say he is definitely not my kind of manager.
But .....& this is a huge BUT , in the predicament we are in there is no other manager I would rather see in place atm.

If & that's a big IF , he could change his ways picking his old friends & making subs when needed rather than wait til the 80th minute I would make his stay longer.

The route one is hard to watch but I understand there is a necessity for this atm , but we do create a lot of chances and can play a bit when needed.
But we seriously need to take more of these chances as they come along. If we can , no matter what points deductions it should see us safe.

Just watched the latest presser.

I can honestly say he is definitely not my kind of manager.
But .....& this is a huge BUT , in the predicament we are in there is no other manager I would rather see in place atm.

If & that's a big IF , he could change his ways picking his old friends & making subs when needed rather than wait til the 80th minute I would make his stay longer.

The route one is hard to watch but I understand there is a necessity for this atm , but we do create a lot of chances and can play a bit when needed.
But we seriously need to take more of these chances as they come along. If we can , no matter what points deductions it should see us safe.

This is how I see it.

Do I think he's the man long term? No, but for now he's doing a very decent job with what he's got, I don't think we play as bad as I expected us to under him ( he a far better than fat Sam was )

His reluctance to drop his favourites is my massive issue with him so far though.

Most teams in most games, especially close ones can say we could have won. I’m sure Villa and Fulham fans, think they should have beat us. Villa dominated a lot of that game and could have have scored 2/3 goals in the last 20mins. Fulham also missed a sitter first half and dominated the majority of the 2nd half

True, tight games can go either way. But they are still tight, despite perceived dominance of the game. That is being competitive and having a plan.

I just want to hear one after game interview with no relation to XG before the season ends.

( I feel sorry for his missus when things don't go to plan in the bedroom 😟 )

So Dyche is to blame for the players not putting the chances we're creating away?

I’m not digging at him… but we are predictable and are basically hanging our chances of staying in the league on our ability to score corners, getting some points back and hoping not to be deducted for our second breach.

I don’t think we will stay up the way things are at the moment.

If taking more risks and pushing men forward gets us more goals than it may be worth exploring no?

I’m not digging at him… but we are predictable and are basically hanging our chances of staying in the league on our ability to score corners, getting some points back and hoping not to be deducted for our second breach.

If taking more risks and pushing men forward gets us more goals than it may be worth exploring no?
Glass half empty today then ?

I think our defence has majorly been outstanding this season.
Pickford, Tarkowski, Branthwaite & Mykolenko are probably 4 of our 5 best players this season (Doucoure the other).

I believe the 4 mentioned have all been in the top 5 of there positions in the league this season.

Our defence will keep us safe with about 5 games to spare

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.