2023/24 Sean Dyche

I don't believe this to be correct. If Dacoure is the most important player in your side, and no disrespect to him, then you have squad issues.
We do.

I’ve been quite critical of Doucoure in the past and he is far from a good technical player, but he is key for us. He gets around the pitch, and he finds the spaces that DCL makes, which has led to him getting a lot of goals.

When he doesn’t play, we barely score because no one else does that. Just look at our record with or without him over the past few years.

Dyche is just another manager that hasn’t found a solution to when he is missing.

Saw this on Reddit:

IMG_2578.jpeg

We do.

I’ve been quite critical of Doucoure in the past and he is far from a good technical player, but he is key for us. He gets around the pitch, and he finds the spaces that DCL makes, which has led to him getting a lot of goals.

When he doesn’t play, we barely score because no one else does that. Just look at our record with or without him over the past few years.
Well we could also set up/try to set up with a different type of player there instead of going the "like for like sub" approach, but it's almost blasphemy to criticise Dyche for these things or something, not sure anymore.

Well we could also set up/try to set up with a different type of player there instead of going the "like for like sub" approach, but it's almost blasphemy to criticise Dyche for these things or something, not sure anymore.
This is your go to 90% of the time, gate keeping the conversation with negativity. We get it, you don't want him here, most of us wouldn't choose him either.

But we don't, the only other player to play in that 10 role effectively is Dele.
Is it? We've played Harrison there but had to change our approach ever so slightly and play more on the ground, so it is possible, but that was a cup game, i.e. "experiment time".
This is your go to 90% of the time, gate keeping the conversation with negativity. We get it, you don't want him here, most of us wouldn't choose him either.
It's not even aimed to be gatekeeping, I know what the response to Dyche criticism will be in the 90% of those times. I've tried.

Also I dunno about that mate, seeing as he's almost a god for achieving what should be the bare minimum.

Is it? We've played Harrison there but had to change our approach ever so slightly and play more on the ground, so it is possible, but that was a cup game, i.e. "experiment time".

It's not even aimed to be gatekeeping, I know what the response to Dyche criticism will be in the 90% of those times. I've tried.

Also I dunno about that mate, seeing as he's almost a god for achieving what should be the bare minimum.
Harrison has played there once, and I thought he was plop.

Considering everything going on at our basketcase club Duality, it's a miracle we are where we are, and I think a lot of people have a really inflated value of our club, you only have to go into transfer threads and such to laugh at the type of player people think we will sign. We are absolutely munted as a club.

Glass half empty today then ?

I think we are cabavle of more going forward, I guess the reservation is that we will open up at the back…

I’m just very worried that we are going to go down with one of the best defensive records in the league.

I know if it happens that it will be down to the deduction…. But we need to find a way to overcome it

Harrison has played there once, and I thought he was plop.

Considering everything going on at our basketcase club Duality, it's a miracle we are where we are, and I think a lot of people have a really inflated value of our club, you only have to go into transfer threads and such to laugh at the type of player people think we will sign. We are absolutely munted as a club.
Harrison did well to create but iirc DCL (or Beto, not looking up scores/match sheets currently so this is off the top of my head, soz x) missed a shocking chance again, and if we're aiming for "running a lot" we can at least try McNeil there I suppose. It was Danjuma that we tried there too and he did well enough as well, think we won both of those games too lol

Nah I swerve that, we have people claiming Onana is worth 1 bajillion eurodollars or something and we are definitely not signing anyone good, I just hope we don't get any more proper brexit players or over 35s tbh.

What are you basing this on?

Is not scoring enough goals… I know we can point to sitters being missed…. But the fact is we are not scoring … if dom needs 10 chances to score then we have to create 10 …. We are stuck with the strikers we have and they are not clinical enough for us to only be creating one or two chances a game .. so we need to find a way of creating more .

I mean I don't defend Dyche for many things or at least often but we've created quite a lot in most games, even without looking at the xG memes.

We should work on converting chances too though.

100% agree, but the fact is we aren’t scoring enough… so either we pin our hopes on improving Beto and DCL finishing… or we have to create more so that they can actually score… ideally improving both would be the best option but that is the most unlikely of the options

Don't know how to break it to you mate, but the squad is absolute cack at footy and there's no other way of them playing.

We do.

Dyche is just another manager that hasn’t found a solution to when he is missing.

Saw this on Reddit:

View attachment 245353

4 wins worse than Carlo - same games, worse squad (attack wise undoubtedly)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.