2023/24 Sean Dyche

A figment of my imagination and yet you think we play out from the back under dyche 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that’s brilliant. I’ve seen it at the games and on tv. He was screaming at the keeper to boot it long v Doncaster, yes the bottom of div 2 and they’re playing more football than dyche’s everton utterly embarrassing. But you believe what you want and you’re just another one if these braindead fans who think 52yr old dyche is going to change his style.

And if the managers didn’t want Pickford to boot it long he’d tell him not to
What are you even on about? I haven't once said he is going to change his style, I am suggesting that his "style" is not quite what you think it is.

Pickford often roles the ball out to Tarkowski, Branthwaite or whatever right back is playing. We do a bit of both, as do most normal teams.

No manager will tell Pickford not to boot it long, it's one of his weapons.

What are you even on about? I haven't once said he is going to change his style, I am suggesting that his "style" is not quite what you think it is.

Pickford often roles the ball out to Tarkowski, Branthwaite or whatever right back is playing. We do a bit of both, as do most normal teams.

For all the talk that Pickford is great with his feet, I think his kicking is shocking most of the time. And his right foot my god , every kick goes out of play, how hard is it for a professional footballer to keep the ball in play when the pitch must be 50 metres wide

Does it really?

Branthwaite gets his last minute equalizer this week and whilst everyone is up celebrating you are sat in your seat saying "A rabona into the top corner would have been better" or something?

Goals are goals.

I love goals. More would be nice.

The top 4 on the possession stats this season are the top 4 in the league. Sheff Utd are bottom of both. It’s not rocket science to know that in this era of football, possession is king.

I don’t mind Dyche, he generally gets the team organised and drilled, but long term, it just isn’t the way to play football I’m afraid.

Rocket science!

If we survive this season then next season will be a struggle too. We won’t be able to strengthen and even though a few wages will be off the books, we start paying for Beto and chermiti in next seasons accounts. Others likely to have some ability to strengthen and promoted teams ne a lot stronger than relegated ones.

he is the right man for me, get us into BMD as a prem league team and he has certainly earned the right to rebuild

Let's just survive this season.

The top 4 on the possession stats this season are the top 4 in the league. Sheff Utd are bottom of both. It’s not rocket science to know that in this era of football, possession is king.

I don’t mind Dyche, he generally gets the team organised and drilled, but long term, it just isn’t the way to play football I’m afraid.
Brighton are 2nd for possession and are 8th.
West Ham are 16th for possession and are 7th.

We are 12th but are 18th for possession.
Burnley are 19th but are 13th for possession.

There will be a positive correlation between possession and league position but again, it will be entirely in favour of the scab 6. Other teams (like Brighton) who try to play that way, still end up not being near the top due to revenue and the quality of players being brought in.

I don’t mind how he wants to play. Long term in football is like 3-5 years. We aren’t going to be competing for titles within 3 years based off 3 years of relegation scraps. So long term, he will have us mid table. Which right now, should be the aim.

Last edited:

I said this yesterday. Do Fulham have that much better player than us, that they should have 70% possession? And Brighton 80%. The this squad is crap and can’t play any other way Is nonsense. Luton just put 4 past Brighton
Well if Luton beat them they must be crap. We put 5 past Brighton away last season, but Brighton did a league double over Man U so we must have been better than utd then, right? Of course not, that's schoolboy stuff! Brighton have finished over half way for the last 3 seasons, we haven't. They are much better than us. As I said in my post "I think most Everton fans fully understand the current predicament."

There will be a positive correlation between possession and league position but again, it will be entirely in favour of the scab 6. Other teams (like Brighton) who try to play that way, still end up not being near the top due to revenue and the quality of players being brought in.

I don’t mind how he wants to play. Long term in football is like 3-5 years. We aren’t going to be competing for titles within 3 years based off 3 years of relegation scraps. So long term, he will have us mid table. Which right now, should be the aim.

The club is a complete clown car at the minute. When we get some relative stability though (owners with a plan, no FFP worries), we absolutely need to hire, and stick with, a progressive manager.

Well if Luton beat them they must be crap. We put 5 past Brighton away last season, but Brighton did a league double over Man U so we must have been better than utd then, right? Of course not, that's schoolboy stuff! Brighton have finished over half way for the last 3 seasons, we haven't. They are much better than us. As I said in my post "I think most Everton fans fully understand the current predicament."
All One off games, and freak results can happen, Luton were going to be the worst team that’s ever played in the prem and have beat us twice at home by basically playing 3 big Centre backs, Edwards has had dyche’s pants down twice

the Brighton game was 10 months ago, we’ve won 3 games at home all season. My point is Luton didn’t go 1 up against Brighton and try and shut up shop for the next 70mins.

And I think you’re wrong, most fans paying big money,l at our shinny new stadium will turn very quickly watching us get dominated most weeks at home, especially by clubs like Brighton, Fulham etc

The club is a complete clown car at the minute. When we get some relative stability though (owners with a plan, no FFP worries), we absolutely need to hire, and stick with, a progressive manager.

I dunno how you find the energy to even think about that tbh

I'm reduced to pretty much only caring whether we stay up

Hopefully some time in the coming seasons I can get back to complaining about % football and wanting to be entertained, but the club needs to exist for that. Bit dramatic I know...

And I think you’re wrong, most fans paying big money,l at our shinny new stadium will turn very quickly watching us get dominated most weeks at home, especially by clubs like Brighton, Fulham etc
Maybe if you had read the whole of my original post, I sort of agreed.

"If we have roughly the same team/squad = yes
If we become the new galacticos = no

I think most Everton fans fully understand the current predicament."

We're not 12th.

I don't believe our players are good enough to play possession football as highlighted by Lampard attempted style. Technically poor footballers and Dyche is just getting the best out of what we have. I don't think Dyche is capable of coaching possession football either but I think we're a good match for manager right now.

I agree we have often think we switch play through the back line.
We might not be prime Barcelona but we certainly don’t just launch it every time a defender has it.