2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know Dyche had a far harder set of fixtures to play. It's also harder to come in mid season to manage a struggling team than it is to do what Lampard did where he had a full pre season and a clean slate to start with and the advantage of a transfer window.

Despite all of those obvious disadvantages Dyche still got 66% more wins. I'd say that's a significant improvement.
So Dyche isnt the worst manager we have had recently.

What a glowing reference.

Even leaving aside the simple reality that Sean Dyche oversaw a successful survival push, the idea that a club run by an absentee board, running the risk of sanctions, is in a position to make any kind of decision in relation to the manager is preposterous.

People need to wake up and smell the napalm. The board MUST be removed before anybody can remotely start looking to indulge in the kind of decision-making that clubs with genuine upward mobility might hesitate to countenance.

he’s staying dyche. but all this board stuff has got to he sorted or we can’t do a thing

Even leaving aside the simple reality that Sean Dyche oversaw a successful survival push, the idea that a club run by an absentee board, running the risk of sanctions, is in a position to make any kind of decision in relation to the manager is preposterous.

People need to wake up and smell the napalm. The board MUST be removed before anybody can remotely start looking to indulge in the kind of decision-making that clubs with genuine upward mobility might hesitate to countenance.
Exactly. I cringe even when i see us linked with a player. I don't want any decisions made by our board whatsoever. They have to go. New people in and then let them decide the way forward and if that decision includes Dyche as the Manager then that is fine by me.

The proofs in the pudding mate, he has done nothing more than what Lampard done the previous season. (kept us up just)
Dyche 18 games ago we was 1 point from safety.
Dyche 18 games later we survived by 2 points.

He aint pulled up any trees has he.
Lampard had a fit Richarlison, Gordon, Townsend (for a few games), none of which were available to Dyche. Nobody in world football pulls up trees with the squad he inherited. If he had Richarlison I’d imagine we’d be finishing above Wolves, Bournemouth and West Ham

I cannot believe that anyone would seriously contemplate getting rid of him.
Look at the absolute mess that he inherited from that clown Lampard. We had been beaten by a string of teams at the bottom of the table.
No new players in the transfer window along with the sale of Gordon.
Virtually no striker options for the rest of the season.
Club in total turmoil as a backdrop.
Still managed to keep us up.
Some lads really do need to give their heads a wobble and be careful what they wish for , as there are many challenges still ahead.
Mate people where drinking the bleach for finishing 5th a second time around when we where selling to buy. On a profit. Wanting moyes gone crying about a glass ceiling.

We arw always going to get a few these types.

Mate people where drinking the bleach for finishing 5th a second time around when we where selling to buy. On a profit. Wanting moyes gone crying about a glass ceiling.

We arw always going to get a few these types.
proper spin on it that , we were finishing 5 th on a next to nothing budget when if we,d had a half decent owner we might have been able to kick on no one blamed moyes for that

I cannot believe that anyone would seriously contemplate getting rid of him.
Look at the absolute mess that he inherited from that clown Lampard. We had been beaten by a string of teams at the bottom of the table.
No new players in the transfer window along with the sale of Gordon.
Virtually no striker options for the rest of the season.
Club in total turmoil as a backdrop.
Still managed to keep us up.
Some lads really do need to give their heads a wobble and be careful what they wish for , as there are many challenges still ahead.

Reckon their heads fell off years ago...
It is on the comical side that some already are wanting to move Dyche on its something I consider ridiculous and on par with hiring the kopite waiter.

I don't think we should get rid but at the same time i wont be watching many matches if our style of play is similar to this season or his Bunrley side.

Don't have much faith in him attracting entertaining players either.
I’m sure it’s been said in this thread before but it’s always worth remembering that at Burnley he probably had at most 50% of the budget of pretty much every other team in the league to deal with. Add in trying to persuade players to go to Burnley.
This season he’s been given the worst forwards in the league to utilise.

Dyche actually reminds me of Moyes a bit. Set up with a solid team and then look to build additional quality.

I think you'll find it's a motley combination of the two.

But the financial situation at the club doesn't make attracting a Loputegi or an Emeri likely any time soon. The most likely option is a young promising manager who'd come for the size of the club and challenge. But that's not a given either.

Who is your money no problem ideal candidate?
We should be asking, "Who is your ideal candidate given that money is a problem?"

Really ?

Surely a hipster manager is one who doesn't win any major trophies but is lauded based on reputation/style of play.

Potterball
Rodgers
Gallardo
Anorim
Biesla
Favre

All spring to mind immediately. Even Poch could fall into that bracket whereas I would say our Tuchel has proven himself to be more than just hype.
Those managers aren't hipster because of their style. They are lauded because, for at least a period of time, they achieved far more than could reasonably be expected with the resources at their disposal. They all took clubs that struggled to one degree or another and made them better, and then when they left, Potter/de Zerbi aside, the teams either stagnated or regressed. Most of the teams Favre has managed had their best ever seasons while he was there. Winning something - apart from about 4 clubs - is so rare it shouldn't be a criteria. We wouldn't have won anything even if Carlo stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.