2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure will?
I asked who you thought could garrentee a better outcome,
no thoughts?
if Dyche inspired no confidence who does?
The first problem is that I could tell you coaches I prefer but you could find fault in all of them, there isn't a perfect coach in world football, and we'd go around the houses and solve absolutely nothing.

The second problem is that I have no idea what the goal is for this club in terms of footballing style and culture. That's not on Dyche, btw, that's on the muppets that run this place. If anyone can tell me the unifying thread between Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti, Benitez, Lampard and Dyche I'd be all ears. Without an idea from the owner, chairman, CEO, DoF, whoever about how this club, from youth teams to first team should play then whoever we pick is up against it from day dot. We're a rudderless ship. It's all so depressing.

Assuming Dyche has any control/say over transfers and not the DOF, he'll absolutely look to bring in a few of his kind of player: dependable, reliable, functional, hard workers, etc. Never in a million years could I see Dyche accomodating someone like a James Rodriguez because he's all about work over talent.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we're a functional-but-effective team next season under Dyche; nothing overly fancy or particularly entertaining, but gets the job done, 40-50 points on the board, comfortable 14th ish place finish. The owner/board would happily take that all day long.
That wouldn't surprise me either but, equally, I wouldn't be surprised if that approach didn't quite cut it and we end up back here in the mid to high 30s in terms of points and that puts us right back in the will they/won't they situation regarding relegation again. There's fine margins between 35 and 45 points. Particularly in teams that don't score loads of goals and Sean Dyche teams have never scored lots of goals.

That wouldn't surprise me either but, equally, I wouldn't be surprised if that approach didn't quite cut it and we end up back here in the mid to high 30s in terms of points and that puts us right back in the will they/won't they situation regarding relegation again. There's fine margins between 35 and 45 points. Particularly in teams that don't score loads of goals and Sean Dyche teams have never scored lots of goals.
Sure, true. We do need to bring goal scorers in and tbf Dyche has had the team looking more of an attacking threat than it did in the first half of the season. If we are in or around the relegation zone again come January, Dyche could be for the axe, just like the guy before him and the guy before him. Other than that scenario, he's safe as houses for the season at least. Another "top 17" finish is job done for the owner/board.

Sure, true. We do need to bring goal scorers in and tbf Dyche has had the team looking more of an attacking threat than it did in the first half of the season. If we are in or around the relegation zone again come January, Dyche could be for the axe, just like the guy before him and the guy before him. Other than that scenario, he's safe as houses for the season at least. Another "top 17" finish is job done for the owner/board.
This is the sad reality of our existence. I'm an old fart, I've seen us win things, but I've got two kids, neither of whom are all that arsed about Everton (which is probably for the best), and I suspect they will never see us win a thing. We are so far behind the top teams that we don't even register.

The first problem is that I could tell you coaches I prefer but you could find fault in all of them, there isn't a perfect coach in world football, and we'd go around the houses and solve absolutely nothing.

The second problem is that I have no idea what the goal is for this club in terms of footballing style and culture. That's not on Dyche, btw, that's on the muppets that run this place. If anyone can tell me the unifying thread between Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti, Benitez, Lampard and Dyche I'd be all ears. Without an idea from the owner, chairman, CEO, DoF, whoever about how this club, from youth teams to first team should play then whoever we pick is up against it from day dot. We're a rudderless ship. It's all so depressing.
Well you are offering nothing other than your belief that Dyche isn't the answer.
Any other manager faces the same problem within the club ,
I could name coaches that would do a job here. Klopp , Pep, there's two but they are not coming here and nobody with any high pedigree is , the club is a basket case from top to bottom.
so your looking at a gamble same as Dyche is.
He is here so I am giving him a chance might work out might not we will see.
I am not saying he is Kendal Mark 2, or even a Joe Royle tribute act
Just an established , experienced coach in the prem that's about as good as we can get in are current circumstances, Hope it works out for him and the fans.

This is the sad reality of our existence. I'm an old fart, I've seen us win things, but I've got two kids, neither of whom are all that arsed about Everton (which is probably for the best), and I suspect they will never see us win a thing. We are so far behind the top teams that we don't even register.
I know exactly what you mean. That is what has been done to this club. We have an uninterested owner, a board who think "top 17" is an achievement, a plan to model ourselves on Barcelona Burnley of years ago, and a fan base where many would quite happily settle for a year or two of 14th ish place finishes in a league we have zero chance of competing for let alone winning anything in. 'Good times' indeed.

No one does, but I think we all accept that that is probably our best case scenario in the short term. My point was that, despite seemingly popular opinion, Mr Dyche is not a guarantee that we will finish that high up the table.

I agree about the DoF, btw, but without board room changes that is likely pie in the sky.
Yeah, that's what I was Getting at. Those things have to be the starting point before we will ever see the rest gradually start falling into place.

Although we haven't got the cash anyway and cant spend it even if we did, We can't just hand Dyche a lump of cash to overload our squad again with even more players we're lumbered with and can't move on.

Hopefully we'll Gradually see some Resignations coming in from the board soon and Investment will follow

I know exactly what you mean. That is what has been done to this club. We have an uninterested owner, a board who think "top 17" is an achievement, a plan to model ourselves on Barcelona Burnley of years ago, and a fan base where many would quite happily settle for a year or two of 14th ish place finishes in a league we have zero chance of competing for let alone winning anything in. 'Good times' indeed.
It's this lowering of expectations that distances many from the club. Make no mistake, we're not picking up many new fans these days and Evertonians like myself who have had to leave the area for work will struggle to keep our kids invested in the club (do we even want our kids enduring this anyway, does it make us happy, why would we want to torture our children?) which only adds to the decline. What's really disheartening is how many fans buy into it rather than demanding better. Just take a look in this thread, if anyone suggests Dyche isn't the new ginger Messiah, I'm not talking about saying he should be sacked or anything drastic just urging a little caution, it's met by spiky and dismissive comments as if challenging the exclusively positivist viewpoint is a form of blasphemy. The same thing happened last year with those suggesting Lampard wasn't the right man. We all hope Dyche will set us on the path to better things but just wishing it into existence is not a viable plan.

Well you are offering nothing other than your belief that Dyche isn't the answer.
Any other manager faces the same problem within the club ,
I could name coaches that would do a job here. Klopp , Pep, there's two but they are not coming here and nobody with any high pedigree is , the club is a basket case from top to bottom.
so your looking at a gamble same as Dyche is.
He is here so I am giving him a chance might work out might not we will see.
I am not saying he is Kendal Mark 2, or even a Joe Royle tribute act
Just an established , experienced coach in the prem that's about as good as we can get in are current circumstances, Hope it works out for him and the fans.
We all hope it works out, of course we do, and I hope Dyche is the guy to do it as he'll clearly be in charge for the near future. All I'm saying is that he is, as near as damn it, a one point a match (1.3 but this is skewed by a couple of high scoring Championship seasons, in the PL he's a 1.1 point per game manager with two relegations), one goal (1.15) a match manager across his career. In the premier league those types of stats put you near the bottom of the table more seasons than not, and even a small season on season drop puts us in real jeopardy, and we shouldn't pretend that he's going to guarantee us safety by Easter and progression on the pitch like some posters have stated because there's no real evidence to support that.

It's this lowering of expectations that distances many from the club. Make no mistake, we're not picking up many new fans these days and Evertonians like myself who have had to leave the area for work will struggle to keep our kids invested in the club (do we even want our kids enduring this anyway, does it make us happy, why would we want to torture our children?) which only adds to the decline. What's really disheartening is how many fans buy into it rather than demanding better. Just take a look in this thread, if anyone suggests Dyche isn't the new ginger Messiah, I'm not talking about saying he should be sacked or anything drastic just urging a little caution, it's met by spiky and dismissive comments as if challenging the exclusively positivist viewpoint is a form of blasphemy. The same thing happened last year with those suggesting Lampard wasn't the right man. We all hope Dyche will set us on the path to better things but just wishing it into existence is not a viable plan.
Absolutely. For a club where NSNO is supposed to be ingrained in the DNA we don't half aspire to mediocrity so much of the time, never mind gladly accept it. Tis what it is, I guess.

He inherited the most unbalanced squad in the league. A £45m player was sold (a player who was ultimately never replaced) within days of Dyche arriving. Previous recruitment was beyond terrible.

Dyche had no proven PL striker and injuries to FOUR full-backs (5 if you include Godfrey) going into the biggest game in our history.... yet despite all this he got the job done and saved our club.

He also seems to 'get' that avoiding relegation does not constitute success for a club of our side, judging by his post-match interview the other day.

Just glad he saw the light with Keane, could of ended badly had he continued. He's probably a safe pair of hands going into our last season at Goodison. The players are still playing for him and still adapting to his methods which is a big factor.

If you still have the dressing room then you're doing something right behind the scenes when all is not going great. I am going to jump back off the fence and say we should stick until the wheels fall off. At the moment sort some problem positions out and He should have us mid table and keep progressing from there at BMD.

All of his post match comments were spot on and refreshing to hear.

Clearly he's glad that we're still in the league, but with a very clear undertone of 'this shouldn't be happening in the first place and there's still tons of work to do to prevent it'.

Hope he stays on personally and I REALLY hope that we go out and get him some better & fitter players in the summer, starting with a goalscorer or two!

All of his post match comments were spot on and refreshing to hear.

Clearly he's glad that we're still in the league, but with a very clear undertone of 'this shouldn't be happening in the first place and there's still tons of work to do to prevent it'.

Hope he stays on personally and I REALLY hope that we go out and get him some better & fitter players in the summer, starting with a goalscorer or two!
Correct,Kind Sir.

Assuming Dyche has any control/say over transfers and not the DOF, he'll absolutely look to bring in a few of his kind of player: dependable, reliable, functional, hard workers, etc. Never in a million years could I see Dyche accomodating someone like a James Rodriguez because he's all about work over talent.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we're a functional-but-effective team next season under Dyche; nothing overly fancy or particularly entertaining, but gets the job done, 40-50 points on the board, comfortable 14th ish place finish. The owner/board would happily take that all day long.

Honestly, right now, I'd take that

Status
Not open for further replies.