2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
44 is still well within range of a few things going wrong and you end up down.
If you can name a manager we can afford, who would come, and who'll guarantee more points next season, then I'll listen.

I'm not being purposely arsey - I just don't know who that would be. A couple of years ago, perhaps we could have brought in Favre, Gasperini, Emery or Streich, but guys like that won't consider us now.

If you can name a manager we can afford, who would come, and who'll guarantee more points next season, then I'll listen.

I'm not being purposely arsey - I just don't know who that would be. A couple of years ago, perhaps we could have brought in Favre, Gasperini, Emery or Streich, but guys like that won't consider us now.
Look at where Villa were when Emery took over. The idea that we can't find a better option is a false one. Lopitegui too with Wolves.

Look at where Villa were when Emery took over. The idea that we can't find a better option is a false one. Lopitegui too with Wolves.
Villa have much better players. Wolves have a better squad too, but I think they were pretty lucky to get as many points as they did while scoring so few goals. They picked up a lot of points in games where I feel they were outplayed.

Simms isn’t good enough at the moment. That’s not me saying he won’t be at 23 or 24, but from what I’ve seen he’s not doing enough for Dyche to say go and lead the line in a relegation battle.

it’s the same with Dobbin. He might be good in the future, but under Benitez when the fanbase was screaming for Simms and Dobbin as the answer to our problems. They weren’t. Neither were ready, both needed loans and gradual integration into the first team squad. But fans want them starting, now, every game. The argument isn’t ‘yeah but Maupay’ the argument should be that we give our managers credible attacking options not leave the fate of Everton down to teenagers. No PL managers would play them in that scenario, none, so what’s more weird is Everton fans using it as a stick to beat Dyche with when they know full well there isn’t a single manager in the league who would be playing Simms and Dobbin ahead of the likes of Gray McNeil Townsend Rondon etc.

The biggest example of this is Southampton. Signed loads of good young players, and gave them time, and they flopped. Particularly in forward areas.

And I say this as someone who would have liked to see more Simms and have been quite impressed with Cannon. It's an unforgiving league.

Yes it is mate. But honestly, is there much we can do at this point, over the next 12 month to avoid being in such a position?
We can start by improving the off the field parts of the club from the board down to the manager and then we can from there start planning out how to improve the squad while making what improvements we can over the summer toward the vision we have. I think making the right changes now can have us safely mid table next season. Just looking at the league you have Forest and Bournemouth both who overperformed and are prime candidates for the second year dip. Luton won't be a talented side coming up. We've seen Sheffield United be extremely bad and Burnley are massively unproven at basically every level as they've overhauled it a good deal. So can we be comfortably 15th with the right moves in the next few months? For me it is a firm yes.

We can start by improving the off the field parts of the club from the board down to the manager and then we can from there start planning out how to improve the squad while making what improvements we can over the summer toward the vision we have. I think making the right changes now can have us safely mid table next season. Just looking at the league you have Forest and Bournemouth both who overperformed and are prime candidates for the second year dip. Luton won't be a talented side coming up. We've seen Sheffield United be extremely bad and Burnley are massively unproven at basically every level as they've overhauled it a good deal. So can we be comfortably 15th with the right moves in the next few months? For me it is a firm yes.

I agree with the latter part. And Fulham outperformed Xg quite dramatically too.
But I think we still need some protection of downside, and Dyche is about as good an insurance policy as possible.

And they stagnated, regressed and ultimately were relegated. Conversely they cleaned house, revitalized with a younger more contemporary recruitment strategy and manager and are better for it. Limitations on Dyche's era are fair to note, but Burnley are in a more stable position this premier league run then they were under Dyche
I take your points but I do think you need to judge them after a season in the Premier League before you can realistically make that call.

Villa's squad is better but not a gap of they're in Europe and we're barely up. Wolves squad is imo very poor. Not even sure it is actually better than ours.

I think Wolves have better forward options. He did very well there Lopetigui, but I'd be interested to see his PPG v Dyche.

Villa's squad is a lot better. Emery did a very good job though. I think we need to be realistic, we are not doing a Villa within the next 12 months.

If we get a new ownership, who have a clear vision there's one thought. But under this lot, sacking Dyche would be dangerous.

And they stagnated, regressed and ultimately were relegated. Conversely they cleaned house, revitalized with a younger more contemporary recruitment strategy and manager and are better for it. Limitations on Dyche's era are fair to note, but Burnley are in a more stable position this premier league run then they were under Dyche

Let me be clear I think he has more grounds for consideration than Lampard did a year ago, but survival is not a competent prerequisite as demonstrated by Frank. I think the club is in crisis and Dyche's cautionary tactics may aid the present. It also comes though with major risks. If our recruitment simply placates to his style, or follows his past precedent I expect the drop to loom or happen shortly after.

I think MSP's investment and the board should be sorted before anything with the gaffer changes. But this club was a worldy goal away from the drop. All aspects should we scrutinized or examined to be improved upon and that includes the manager.

It's a fair point, but lets see how Burnley do next season first. If they come up and try to play attacking football, I am not sure they will stay up.

I think Wolves have better forward options. He did very well there Lopetigui, but I'd be interested to see his PPG v Dyche.

Villa's squad is a lot better. Emery did a very good job though. I think we need to be realistic, we are not doing a Villa within the next 12 months.

If we get a new ownership, who have a clear vision there's one thought. But under this lot, sacking Dyche would be dangerous.
I'm not suggesting we will do what Villa did. I'm suggesting attracting a half decent manager is possible as they were also playing utter crap and did so.

As for Wolves I'm not sure what evidence there is to suggest they have better forwards tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.