2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honesty is what we needed all along. Wasn’t my first choice as manager but I’m more than happy with him now.

Frank Lampard was a nice guy but that alone isn’t good enough. I’m glad a manager has had the balls to say this;

View attachment 212008
It's just stating the obvious!

I have no idea why so many posters are getting so excited about this quote. It's just what every Evertonian, every ex-player, every pundit, every journo has been saying for a couple of years and yet when Sean Dyche says it people act like he's Confucius cross bred with Johan Cruyff.

He won 2 games out of 11 in our run in. Yes, with a bad, unbalanced squad, but 2 wins in 11 nevertheless. I'm glad he kept us up, I appreciate it wasn't easy with no striker, but to make out that he's "what we needed all along" shows how far our standards have slipped.

He definitely deserves a go in my opinion. Squad has to be improved and he’ll do okay with us I reckon. It would be madness to sack him unless there is a very clear plan on who we are getting in and how our recruitment will work. Which you just know would not be the case.

Circumstances different to when we had Big Sam. The crowd was on his back and expectations were higher and we had more money to spend.
Plus when allardyce was here we were going games without a shot on target at least with dyche we are and he'll make us more solid and keep us in this league until our finances are sorted.

I’ll stick my neck out and say he’ll have us mid 50 points next season.

Rationale: Even with this sad bunch bereft of confidence and without a goal scorer he’s averaging over a point per game. That was with a difficult fixture list too.

Add in the bottom half teams at home fixtures, add in him now knowing not to play Michael Keane ever, add in getting in some attacking players in the summer (hopefully), add in another pre season of work, add in confidence and momentum that might come from not being in a relegation battle immediately.

I don’t think it’s a massive stretch to add another 10 points on.
Mid 50s would be adding 20 points on.

I have no idea why so many posters are getting so excited about this quote. It's just what every Evertonian, every ex-player, every pundit, every journo has been saying for a couple of years and yet when Sean Dyche says it people act like he's Confucius cross bred with Johan Cruyff.

He won 2 games out of 11 in our run in. Yes, with a bad, unbalanced squad, but 2 wins in 11 nevertheless. I'm glad he kept us up, I appreciate it wasn't easy with no striker, but to make out that he's "what we needed all along" shows how far our standards have slipped.
So he's ideally placed to improve those standards. We were in much more of a pickle when Moyes came in.

So he's ideally placed to improve those standards. We were in much more of a pickle when Moyes came in.
Is he? Based on what, exactly? Not his record. So, based on him pointing at the sky and recognising it's blue, he's ideally placed to improve those standards? This is just Lampard 2022 all over again.

Credit to him. Especially considering yesterdays team was an absolute riot because of the injuries.

Want a more modern manager who’ll build for the long term but kind of agree with others about having a boring safe season for us going into BMD.
He literally built Burnley up long term.
Where does this facade come from that he is short termist?

You don't have to bury younger players like Simms and Dobbin in order to defend the manager

Dyche can have done a good job overall whilst also being criticised for playing Maupay over Simms and Keane over Mina as many times as he did

I know this is the internet, but nuance is allowed

Going after and targeting a young player like Simms so you can bolster your argument is a pretty crappy thing to do in all honesty and I expect better of you

Simms isn’t good enough at the moment. That’s not me saying he won’t be at 23 or 24, but from what I’ve seen he’s not doing enough for Dyche to say go and lead the line in a relegation battle.

it’s the same with Dobbin. He might be good in the future, but under Benitez when the fanbase was screaming for Simms and Dobbin as the answer to our problems. They weren’t. Neither were ready, both needed loans and gradual integration into the first team squad. But fans want them starting, now, every game. The argument isn’t ‘yeah but Maupay’ the argument should be that we give our managers credible attacking options not leave the fate of Everton down to teenagers. No PL managers would play them in that scenario, none, so what’s more weird is Everton fans using it as a stick to beat Dyche with when they know full well there isn’t a single manager in the league who would be playing Simms and Dobbin ahead of the likes of Gray McNeil Townsend Rondon etc.

We lost 4 of the last 13 with no full backs or striker for much of it.

He's had a hard job. Definitely. I'm not saying we should replace him, I'm just saying the adulation he is currently receiving is out of proportion and entirely in keeping with what happens here. It's usually followed by 90% of fans hating him within 6 months.
I do know what you mean. Personally, I am fully behind him, I genuinely expect us to climb the table over the next few seasons and become part of the UEFA qualifying slot group. I know its not much but its better than the last 8 years or so and I really feel he will bring stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.