2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to Sean Dyches interview. Sounds ok to me . I’m all for him leading us next season. Lets give the guy a chance. Let’s see how he does.

I know supporters are not to happy with his use of subs. Or should I say , his lack of using subs. But please take a look at our bench. Who would we bring on? Not really a great choice. Let’s hope our bench improves for next season. If we have a decent bench , would mean that we have a decent 11 starters. And let’s not forget , our youngsters will be that little bit wiser and stronger . Patterson . Simms. Garner. Those guys on the bench recently. Dyche will be looking at them. He will know who’s ready.
And please , no injuries next season. Or not many injuries. That would greatly help any manager.
So there we are. We are safe . Another season in the top flight. And I’m ok with Dyche leading us. I’m sure he knows what needs strengthening.
And as he has stated , plenty of hard work ahead.
Up the Toffees.

Well done on staying up , look forward to the game next year. For any of those dyche doubters still in your fold , just listen to what Vincent Kompany said about what he inherited at burnley when he took over. He had nothing but praise for the Dna that dyche had instilled in the club.. team spirit , work ethic fitness.. no prima donna’s…. Honesty and integrity. Everton need an identity that can be built on and enhanced.. he’s the man to get the basics right even if at first some fans dont see it… that legacy can be pretty powerful… just ask any burnley fan

Came in to do a job without any help from the bells in charge or the recruitment team who actually weakened an already shocking squad short of goals by selling Gordon and getting nobody else in. In every way you look at it, he got this lot to actually have a chance in games regardless of who we played and regardless of the paucity of options he had available each week. Lampard was a clueless stain, Dyche is a proper manager. Thank you

Came in to do a job without any help from the bells in charge or the recruitment team who actually weakened an already shocking squad short of goals by selling Gordon and getting nobody else in. In every way you look at it, he git this lot to actually have a chance in games regardless of who we play and regardless of the paucity of options he had available each week. A proper manager, so thank you gaffer.
Indeed....Thank You

Has some limitations sure, but it's honestly a bit hard to tell how much of the glaring ones (lack of substitutions, tactical rigidity, seemingly playing favorites) are simply down to the squad he was handed.

If he had even one healthy striker and a pair of healthy fullbacks over the course of a full season, even with the rest of the squad roughly the same, I think he'd have us comfortably mid-table at worst. Is that good enough long-term? Of course not. But right now it's mostly about getting to the new stadium in one piece, getting the finances sorted out, and then looking to take a proper step forward. And I think it's unlikely we're going to find someone much better suited to do that right now.

Interview was good but so were Lampard's.
I thought he said nothing mostly (Frank that is!). Clearly an educated man but waffled with the best of them and had no answers. He’s still doing the same interviews after each Chelsea defeat. “Work blah blah”, ”players take responsibility blah blah” “not an overnight fix blah blah”

Status
Not open for further replies.