2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that's true mate. I have faith in him, I have faith in the players we have for the most part...I just dont believe we have the depth to see this through.

Selling Gordon: whoever sanctioned that needs stringing up.
We had already spent 6 months searching for his Dummy, if we had said no to the Newcastle move then what use would of we got out of a toddler stuck in his Pram...

We had already spent 6 months searching for his Dummy, if we had said no to the Newcastle move then what use would of we got out of a toddler stuck in his Pram...
He'd have played on. He was trying his hardest in the period before he was sold, but the tactsics were hopeless.

He'd have played on. He was trying his hardest in the period before he was sold, but the tactsics were hopeless.
By all accounts he had no interest playing on, he didn't even show up for training.

Again though, it's hard to take anything at face value coming from the board as they're proven liars but I've seen nothing to suggest he would have given his all if he didn't get the move.

The error was not bringing anyone else in his place.

Got a few midfielders, no? I believe one of them was on the main picture of Dyche laughing as the boy was gasping for sweet, sweet air lol

Physical preparation of players in the youth team leads to this, naturally, in Dyches' 1st training session:
67131491-0-image-a-17_1675101553857.jpg

Why do we even have coaches man, honestly?!
Haha Proper bit of altitude sickness there !!

That's what happens when you have spent the last 18 months not training to ever reach the heights of the oppositions 18yrd box.

By all accounts he had no interest playing on, he didn't even show up for training.

Again though, it's hard to take anything at face value coming from the board as they're proven liars but I've seen nothing to suggest he would have given his all if he didn't get the move.

I think we all know our club's MO when they want a sale of an asset.

Here’s what will happen today.

Dyche will take his first press conference and say some real stuff that will resonate with you and then you’ll come on here to report getting a good feeling from him, and suddenly feeling optimistic that’s he’s the right man to save Everton. Same as you’ve done almost annually for the last seven years.

Let me speculate that some of you by May, but a lot of you by Christmas, will be abusing him and hounding him out.

*snake in circular shape eating it’s own tail*
They don't believe it, Chico, they're still in the denial phase of grief.

They don't believe it, Chico, they're still in the denial phase of grief.
I think its called (short term) 'Hope'.
As for Christmas, That's a whole new season, Which I doubt is on many people's minds at all at the Moment. Other then which league we're playing in...

Nobody could name a manager that would definitely save us now, but they could name managers that definitely wouldn't....

Supposed to have not wanted to show to travel for the west ham game .
But as you say God knows what this board put out.
He wasn't at it for most of this season though, saying that who was?

Just watched his full press conference then for the first time.

A fair few clichés which is understandable and a lot of asking for the fans to give him and the team a chance.

He'll get it, they'll get it and they've got to give it back.

The players need to understand that the board have chucked all Evertonians under a bus, so if they think they're hurting, well they need to x100 on how we are feeling. Our name has been dragged through the [Poor language removed] these last few weeks, irreparably when it comes to the relationship with the owner and board.

So we'll get behind the manager and team, but ffs lads (as in Everton team) , how about getting behind the fans for a change and showing that you care and give it absolutely everything you've got.

Win, lose or draw, you can walk off with your head held high then.
We really are easy to please as a fan base. Give us that effort and there'll be a positive feedback loop. Lampard kept saying the same but just couldn't get them going

I think its called (short term) 'Hope'.
As for Christmas, That's a whole new season, Which I doubt is on many people's minds at all at the Moment. Other then which league we're playing in...

Nobody could name a manager that would definitely save us now, but they could name managers that definitely wouldn't....
At least we've given up on managers who promise a bright future, we've found someone who knows what the relegation zone is like having been there several times and understands the pain when you fail.

Shame his last experience was taking a famous old club who were PL established down

Here’s what will happen today.

Dyche will take his first press conference and say some real stuff that will resonate with you and then you’ll come on here to report getting a good feeling from him, and suddenly feeling optimistic that’s he’s the right man to save Everton. Same as you’ve done almost annually for the last seven years.

Let me speculate that some of you by May, but a lot of you by Christmas, will be abusing him and hounding him out.

*snake in circular shape eating it’s own tail*
Not me, coz I've got a good feeling about him. I'm optimistic he's the right man to save us

How was Gordon trying his hardest at this time? Everton played 9 games since the start of November (7 league matches, one ELF cup, and one FA cup).

In that time, Gordon appeared only 6 times, missing three matches, and played mostly as a reserve. He started two games, was abysmal in both, and otherwise averaged 17 minutes per match in the remaining 4. He was arguably the worse Everton player on the pitch against Wolves in December, and was disastrous in the 4-1 loss to Bournemouth in the EFL cup.

Throughout that time, the team was reportedly working to sign him to a long term deal, and some of us started wondering about his drop off and absences. His mind was made up long before the recent troubles, and he had long since given up. If he had tried his hardest, Lampard might still be around with an improved squad, given his knack for drawing players dazzled by the former star.

But I think we're better off in the long run without Gordon, who's refusal to travel, etc., was likely cancerous in the squad. And if he had remained after Lampard was sacked, he would have stayed on the bench under Dyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.