2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you said about not getting into a silly argument. This is the guy who said we won't score another goal this season. Then back tracked quick.
I don't even think he believes what he post's 99% of the time, he just post's to gain a reaction from people.
And he certainly has nailed it down to a tee.

I mean anybody that can keep about 10 different argumentative debates going with different people at the same time is obviously a master of his own craft...

I dont doubt they'll be more together and supportive on the pitch as a unit. The overall press might improve over time (that we dont have), but do we have the man-power up front to a/ get goals and b/ stretch their effort to 18 games withouth breaking down? I doubt we can tick either of those two boxes...which is why it was criminal of Dyche to take this job.

Dyche will bank on retaining the position when relegated by geting a better performance and points total in 8 games than Lampard got from 20. That's nice for him personally if he gets it, but it wont mean we stay up, which is all Ilm bothered about

3 points down - 51 more to play for!

Smack in the face for the hipsters today
One game. Lampard smashed a decent Brentford team in his first game, whilst playing Andre Gomes in midfield.

Dyche may well do a very good job. I hope he does - we need it. But you should never make total judgements on a new manager from one game.

That said, it was a great performance, with a decent balance between defence and attack.

One game. Lampard smashed a decent Brentford team in his first game, whilst playing Andre Gomes in midfield.

Dyche may well do a very good job. I hope he does - we need it. But you should never make total judgements on a new manager from one game.

That said, it was a great performance, with a decent balance between defence and attack.

Tactically shut Odegaard out the game and then forced Arsenal wide where we doubled up on their wingers. Basically nullified their attacking patterns and we had enough going forward that we could have scored three open play goals against the best team in the league in the first half alone.

A very very good performance. Of course one game isn’t enough for a judgement to be made but it didn’t stop a load on here making a judgement on zero games that he was no better than Allardyce.

Let’s not get carried away. Lampard first game was fantastic, just like today, high press, energy, commitment, direct and full of running. It can only last as long as the players are arse about it.
Yes as good as we were - the players have a history of doing this on occasion and then letting themselves (and us) down. I think he carefully considers attitude and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Bleep test he did earlier in the week under the guise of assessing fitness (which may well have been true) was more around an initial assessment of attitude and willingness to work hard. Afterall it is easier to improve someone’s fitness but far more difficult to improve a port attitude and he’ll develop his thinking over the coming games and weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.