2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a 27.9% win rate in the premier league, I'm not sure the very occasional result away against the big boys is the power stat you think it is.
With a whack team though that was widely expected to lose most of their games, almost zero funds given to him to buy better players too.
(I am searching for positives here if you can't see)

Listened to the whole thing now.

I wish I could say I feel inspired, or pleased, or even less concerned.

But I came away with the overriding impression that he’s a simple man with simple ideas.

It got very close to the infuriating cliche that “football is a simple game.”

It’s not, I’ve watched it for decades and still don’t have the capacity to fully understand the tactical complexities of any match I watch.

I’ll back him - we all need to - but I’m not filled with confidence.
Over complication is something the players could not grasp under Lampard and that is why I think simplifying matters will hold us in good stead.

With a whack team though that was widely expected to lose most of their games, almost zero funds given to him to buy better players too.
(I am searching for positives here if you can't see)
Yep, but we also have a "whack team" and limited funds and have sacked managers with a much higher win percentage. It's just a bad appointment and certainly not the best we could do.

How should we get rid of them then? Letter writing campaign?

Sorry but you're asking me to tell a grown adult how to behave with an ounce of decorum and self-respect?

I'd been in support of virtually any protest provided it's peaceful and respectful. Empty seats - fans not turning up. Leaving at half time etc. But the fans body organising needs to take responsibility and call out abhorrent behaviour such as the scallies hassling Gordon. They should be banned from Goodison etc.

Listened to the whole thing now.

I wish I could say I feel inspired, or pleased, or even less concerned.

But I came away with the overriding impression that he’s a simple man with simple ideas.

It got very close to the infuriating cliche that “football is a simple game.”

It’s not, I’ve watched it for decades and still don’t have the capacity to fully understand the tactical complexities of any match I watch.

I’ll back him - we all need to - but I’m not filled with confidence.
I’ve listened to it and he sounds like a good fit for us myself.

Get a life. The only people obsessing about this are wombats on the internet.

There are less than two days of the transfer window left and, apparently, we have a bit of money to spend. Wouldn't you rather the club focused on that rather than any formalities of announcing a manager.

I assume you weren't alive in an age before the internet?

Mindless.
Get up wrong side of the bed today mate!

Sorry but you're asking me to tell a grown adult how to behave with an ounce of decorum and self-respect?

I'd been in support of virtually any protest provided it's peaceful and respectful. Empty seats - fans not turning up. Leaving at half time etc. But the fans body organising needs to take responsibility and call out abhorrent behaviour such as the scallies hassling Gordon. They should be banned from Goodison etc.
and that is fine!

but allowing the Board to ruin the club is not fine

I am sure if Dyche had the Man city players his win percentage would soar. You have to look at the Club and finances of each team for fairness
What is it about our clubs circumstances that make Dyche's 27.9% record look like a good fit. Are our current resources that much better than he had at Burnley. Winning only that percentage of our remaining games all but guarantees relegation and may even be 20th place. He's just not very good, which is why a club with Man City's players wouldn't touch him with a big poo encrusted stick.

I disagree that the protests are abusive nor aggressive. Unfortunately the protests are hijacked by people who don't know how to behave in a respectful manner. Then unfortunately the behaviour of the people who confronted players in their cars, become viewed as stereotypical of the entire group of fans. Often lazy journalism, such as the use of toxic.

Assume you've been at the match when this has been going on? Toxic is the perfect word. Those scallies that hounded Gordon are not reflective of the whole fanbase of course not but they are of a material minority - maybe 10% of home games but probably 50% of aways.

You were adamant they were attacked. Provide evidence.

But you won’t, you’ll skirt the question and cry victim.

And thanks, I bought a dictionary at the weekend.

They've been attacked verbally for sure. What was the actual club statement alleging a physical attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.