2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
allardyce benitez and dyche all in the past 5 years , the excitement when moshiri took over ended up turning into some sort of total recall nightmare
Why are we pretending Big Sam wasn't a massive success here? Played some proper football, got us up to the dizzying heights of 8th. Had the entire Gwladys street stand giving applause whenever we managed a shot on target.

A proper manager who did our club proud, miss him every day. Fat Waiter and Ginger Aldi Allerdyce don't compare.

Gravy boy, the waiter, and this fella were top of the list of managers I did not want near our club.
I'm relatively optimistic in life but I definitely can not be about this.
I hope I am wrong.

I'm not convinced we're not sitting right here in 12 months time looking for another manager only having a significantly worse squad comprised of 30 year old english "grafters who work their socks off". It's a backwards appointment in a time where the league is moving on and we continue to fall behind. I hope that i'm proved wrong and Dyche is some tactical genius that was shackled by Burnley's finances but I just don't see it right now.
Well if we end up with 30 year old grafters that will be down to the DOF, not the manager.

A leopard doesn't change its spots. All the BS written about Dyche being willing to change his playing style with better players and more $$ is exactly that - BS. He will still play two banks of 4 and try to nick a goal from set pieces while averaging LESS than a goal a game!

We must be the only club paying four or five managers at a time.

If Dyche doesn't want a short term deal, don't appoint him. Appoint someone for the long term. Does anyone here really think Farhad "Hollywood" Moshiri wants Sean "Beans" Dyche for the long term? Even Sean Dyche knows he's getting this gig purely because of circumstance.
But who? As you said, the board are awful, so who's coming for the long term and how do we know they'll get any longer than anyone else? I don't want Dyche either, i'd love for us to be getting the next big thing and believing they'll be here for 10 years, but in the real world it's not happening is it? Very few people are going to be accepting a 6 month deal or even an 18 month one, it shouldn't be an issue for us but we've made so many bad decisions that it is. I will criticise them plenty for getting us to this point, but this particular decision isn't really an issue in my opinion.

Pros:
- Less to do in the transfer market, his style of play will suit our defenders so we can focus the next few days on a couple of goal scorers
- He did manage some really good value signings at Burnley and got a lot out of limited talent in some players, though they certainly won't be exciting. We might need to gamble on some Cornet type signings. He was a bit different than their usual and it showed
- There's a chance that he's learned some things from his time at Burnley and time away and will be willing to change some of his tactics kind of how Howe at Newcastle has totally changed his defensive set up
- He won't put up with lazy play, he will demand 100% effort

Cons:
- Very boring, very defensive football. My biggest worry with Dyche is that I have no clue how he gets us to score more goals. Bar us brining in a couple of top goal scorers, I think we're going down due to lack of goals
- He wouldn't have accepted a short term deal, but if we go down it will be going down playing boring football and fans will get on the team by the end of season, meaning that we'd want to rip it up and start over in the summer, but I doubt our board will pay him off like they did Allardyce
- Not many players will be wanting to come play for Dyche, whereas Lampard seemed to have some pull for some reason. We can probably kiss off the likes of Onana type signings where this is a lot of competition
- Goals, goals, goals, goals. It really can't be said enough. I have no idea how a Dyche led team with our forwards gets 25 points out of 18 games. I don't mind his 442/451 formation if we were to score goals. If we play ugly football but we score goals, that's fine for now for the position we are in as a club and financially. But how are we going to?

So we will bring Dyche in, sign 2/3 British players in their mid 30s, as that is what he likes. We will fire him whether we stay up or not, and then we will bring in a manager who likes, young, pacy footballers, and the cycle continues. This club is fundamentally directionless and broken. We are going nowhere but down under this regime. Change is needed at the top or we are very much the new Sunderland
I don't remember his Burnley team being like this. They had a bit of a mix of ages playing for them.

Why are we pretending Big Sam wasn't a massive success here? Played some proper football, got us up to the dizzying heights of 8th. Had the entire Gwladys street stand giving applause whenever we managed a shot on target.

A proper manager who did our club proud, miss him every day. Fat Waiter and Ginger Aldi Allerdyce don't compare.
Recon we,ll beat the victims in 2 weeks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.