2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I loved watching players like Rodriguez (when he could be arsed of course) and some of my favourite past players are the likes of Arteta, Limpar and Kanchelskis.

What worry’s me is some people’s notion about just getting a forward in, we desperately lack creativity too.
And yet he didn’t run enough apparently. Incredibly (sarcastic) as a result we have ended up as a team completely devoid of creativity.

Let's see how he does anyway

We're the experiment as to whether he can do more than what he did at Burnley

Howe is passing that test at Newcastle. Let's see if Dyche can do similar with us

One thing I will say for Dyche is that, if Burnley is anything to go by, if he does take us down then I think he will at least stay and try to get us promoted back up, which he has experience of doing with Burnley
He will keep us up I have no doubt about that as this squad is better tha it’s showing, it annoys me that our aim seems to be BMD and people thinking when we get there everything will change.

The changes in fortunes at this club will only happen once the hierarchy have gone.

Pros:
- Less to do in the transfer market, his style of play will suit our defenders so we can focus the next few days on a couple of goal scorers
- He did manage some really good value signings at Burnley and got a lot out of limited talent in some players, though they certainly won't be exciting. We might need to gamble on some Cornet type signings. He was a bit different than their usual and it showed
- There's a chance that he's learned some things from his time at Burnley and time away and will be willing to change some of his tactics kind of how Howe at Newcastle has totally changed his defensive set up
- He won't put up with lazy play, he will demand 100% effort

Cons:
- Very boring, very defensive football. My biggest worry with Dyche is that I have no clue how he gets us to score more goals. Bar us brining in a couple of top goal scorers, I think we're going down due to lack of goals
- He wouldn't have accepted a short term deal, but if we go down it will be going down playing boring football and fans will get on the team by the end of season, meaning that we'd want to rip it up and start over in the summer, but I doubt our board will pay him off like they did Allardyce
- Not many players will be wanting to come play for Dyche, whereas Lampard seemed to have some pull for some reason. We can probably kiss off the likes of Onana type signings where this is a lot of competition
- Goals, goals, goals, goals. It really can't be said enough. I have no idea how a Dyche led team with our forwards gets 25 points out of 18 games. I don't mind his 442/451 formation if we were to score goals. If we play ugly football but we score goals, that's fine for now for the position we are in as a club and financially. But how are we going to?
I don't believe Dyche has spent any of his time off studying new methods to incorporate into his arsenal. Howe is a willing learner and he spent his 18 months off touring Europe and picking up useful points from various coaches. Can you imagine Brexit Dyche doing even a fraction of that????

We just need a better plan from the training ground and on the pitch that will get more out of these players. I'm sure that is doable. That is the first step to sorting this mess out. Lampard didn't have the tools in his armoury. Just the tools on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.