2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated us playing Burnley under Dyche, for what it's worth. You knew his teams would always fight & snide their way through a game and whilst our record against them was generally alright very rarely did I come away from any game against them thinking 'that was pretty straightforward that'.
I came away thinking how the hell do Burnley fans watch that week in week out

I'm not convinced we're not sitting right here in 12 months time looking for another manager only having a significantly worse squad comprised of 30 year old english "grafters who work their socks off". It's a backwards appointment in a time where the league is moving on and we continue to fall behind. I hope that i'm proved wrong and Dyche is some tactical genius that was shackled by Burnley's finances but I just don't see it right now.
Me neither. That would be the same whoever we appointed. This is my entire point really, the board are terrible and can't be trusted, but that would be the case whatever decision they made today and pretending otherwise is just denying reality. We have a DoF who should prevent what you're saying from happening, if he doesn't then that is the problem, not who we appoint this week.

Let's see how he does anyway

We're the experiment as to whether he can do more than what he did at Burnley

Howe is passing that test at Newcastle. Let's see if Dyche can do similar with us

One thing I will say for Dyche is that, if Burnley is anything to go by, if he does take us down then I think he will at least stay and try to get us promoted back up, which he has experience of doing with Burnley

What successful team predominantly relies on crosses for their goals?
i mean I didn’t suggest that we had to exclusively cross but it’d be nice having a lad whose decent in the air if we did sometimes . I think city have had about 100 more crosses than us for example.

I appreciate the days of wingers firing the ball in have gone but I’m frustrated by wide players spurning opportunities to cross , particularly when it appears the best option .

Why are we pretending Big Sam wasn't a massive success here? Played some proper football, got us up to the dizzying heights of 8th. Had the entire Gwladys street stand giving applause whenever we managed a shot on target.

A proper manager who did our club proud, miss him every day. Fat Waiter and Ginger Aldi Allerdyce don't compare.
This is true might have stayed up with Sam. We are getting relegated but with boring tactics.

But who? As you said, the board are awful, so who's coming for the long term and how do we know they'll get any longer than anyone else? I don't want Dyche either, i'd love for us to be getting the next big thing and believing they'll be here for 10 years, but in the real world it's not happening is it? Very few people are going to be accepting a 6 month deal or even an 18 month one, it shouldn't be an issue for us but we've made so many bad decisions that it is. I will criticise them plenty for getting us to this point, but this particular decision isn't really an issue in my opinion.
Fair enough, I disagree of course. We should take this as an opportunity to reset, imo, as I think we're all but down anyway but this is just more of the same from this board. "Premier league proven" short termism. It's depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.